Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Luvcow posted:

the earth is like a pizza

The earth is a blue waffle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
If you set a ball on top of a round surface, it will roll off. Yet you can place a ball on the ground and it stays put. What's the deal with that round earth wackadoos?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

RVWinkle posted:

All of this flat Earth theory is nonsense of course. Geocentric theory on the other hand has some real merit.

the earth really is at the exact center of the observable universe though

makes you think

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Tricky D posted:

If you set a ball on top of a round surface, it will roll off. Yet you can place a ball on the ground and it stays put. What's the deal with that round earth wackadoos?

it stays in place because it is a relation of muons to gluons. Simple quantum physics my dear

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

JiveHonky posted:

The earth is a blue waffle

the earth is square?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tricky D posted:

Also if the Earth was round the horizon would looked curved but it's OBVIOUSLY flat

No matter how high you go it just stays flat!!

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

JiveHonky posted:

it stays in place because it is a relation of muons to gluons. Simple quantum physics my dear

I studied quantum mechanics while watching old episodes of histories mysteries I recorded on VHS and I know for A FACT that quantum mechanics garauntees the existence of at least one universe where the earth is flat.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Have you ever looked at a picture of earth from space? It's clearly a flat disk.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

Gobblecoque posted:

Have you ever looked at a picture of earth from space? It's clearly a flat disk.

Like anyone or anything has ever left the Earth's atmosphere to take a picture of it.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
have u considered that in a flat earth agartha cannot exist and without agartha the earth cannot exist???

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Iron Prince posted:

have u considered that in a flat earth agartha cannot exist and without agartha the earth cannot exist???

I think I cleared that up in my earlier post about the layers of a Crunchwrap Supreme.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
why is a laser beam level with the water level in a large body of water like the great lakes, if the earth is a sphere it should drop off by a few meters

explain that

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

reallivedinosaur posted:

the earth really is at the exact center of the observable universe though

makes you think

Hilariously, Conservapadia also rejects relativity, which accepts this fact.

Center of the observable universe =/= geocentrism though.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

reallivedinosaur posted:

why is a laser beam level with the water level in a large body of water like the great lakes, if the earth is a sphere it should drop off by a few meters

explain that

Gravity keeps the water flat and level. No one is claiming gravity doesn't exist.

Notice the liquid is in a sphere but the top of it, where the most gravity has built up, is flat as can be.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

criscodisco posted:

Gravity keeps the water flat and level. No one is claiming gravity doesn't exist.

Notice the liquid is in a sphere but the top of it, where the most gravity has built up, is flat as can be.

if the earth is mostly water how could it be a sphere if gravity makes it flat?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
you already lost the debate flat earth confirmed

CHECK MATE JACK ASSES

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

reallivedinosaur posted:

if the earth is mostly water how could it be a sphere if gravity makes it flat?

Because there's a nickel/iron disk at the center of the earth.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The earth is flat. It only seems round because we are walking on the bottom of a parabola and our EYES are round, not the earth.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

The earth is flat. It only seems round because we are walking on the bottom of a parabola and our EYES are round, not the earth.

Oh poo poo, mind blown. Where can I get flat eyes?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What's gonna happen when global warming melts the ice perimeter

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Oh god the seas will all empty into space and the whales will all die :ohdear:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Then there will be no barrier protecting us from the realm of skunk apes.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Linux Pirate posted:

Then there will be no barrier protecting us from the realm of skunk apes.

The skunk apes are a layer below the lizard people. We'll be fine; the lizard people are peaceful.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Germstore posted:

The skunk apes are a layer below the lizard people. We'll be fine; the lizard people are peaceful.

But what about the wampus cats?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Gravity doesn't exist it's just an object's weight making it fall to the ground!!

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Gravity doesn't exist it's just an object's weight making it fall to the ground!!

This is a thread for sincere flat earth discussion and this kind of kookery isn't welcome.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
The human eye shoots beams that land on you.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

My third grade teacher insisted there was no gravity on the moon and that the astronauts walked on it because they're suits were so heavy.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
like a cookie the earth will crumble

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The earth is accelerating upward at 9.8 m/s/s.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

My third grade teacher insisted there was no gravity on the moon and that the astronauts walked on it because they're suits were so heavy.

hahaha wow

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

There are no mountains, those are just bumps on the one sided 2d manifold that is earth.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
reminder that the round earth theory is the work of an anti-christian worldwide conspiracy

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

If you jumped off the side with a rocket pack, an oxygen tank and a parachute you could probably successfully land on the lizard people's world, but it's pretty much a one way trip. Considering how we treat the grays that live on the world above ours when one of them travels here I wouldn't recommend it.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

if the earth is flat where the hell are the nazis living?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Can we talk about hollow earth for a second?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcU5ufTlUns&t=16s

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Linux Pirate posted:

Can we talk about hollow earth for a second?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcU5ufTlUns&t=16s

how could a one sided flat earth also be hollow? that's just silliness.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Germstore posted:

how could a one sided flat earth also be hollow? that's just silliness.

You are just brainwashed by NASAs fluoride goblin milk, all things are possible with timecube

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
It's hollow because it's stuffed crust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
But is it stuffed with cheese, cheese and pepperoni or hot dogs? This is important so I know what to take on my expedition.

• Locked thread