Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Al Cowens posted:

Ever mentioning that you speak Japanese or French tends to give fucktards like you those respective impressions, yes. THAT'S THE WHOLE loving POINT OF THE POST RETARD
Actually, that impression is based on years of seeing you post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
apparently more and more organizations are classifying hawaiian creole english as a separate language so like four

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

apparently more and more organizations are classifying hawaiian creole english as a separate language so like four
what's the other 2??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

also did you finish your video game yet

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

a hole-y ghost posted:

what's the other 2??

normal hawaiian, and anime

oh lol five languages c# too :v:

and yes it was finished but now i'm making another because i'm a masochist or something

v it's on steam duh

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

and yes it was finished but now i'm making another because i'm a masochist or something
Where is it??

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
im not fluent with anyone but i like to mix dumb poo poo with other dumb poo poo so people see me speaking dumb poo poo

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
English
Korean
Japanese
Spanish
Italian

thanks for asking so i can tell people again also i'm gay

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

what the gently caress is hawaiian creole????????????????? speaking lousianna with a dumb hick hawaiian accent? bc creole is just dumb hick in place of english

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

v it's on steam duh
well what the hecks it called?? link to it do you not want money or something :argh:

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
its called gently caress u for not speaking english
just gently caress u

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Two languages... Swedish and English. Like most people in Sweden

The rest of Europe is poo poo though. Like, you go to Germany, France, Spain, Portugal and they'll fuckin dub their television shows and their populace will be poo poo at English. It is straight up shameful

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cephalectomy posted:

what the gently caress is hawaiian creole????????????????? speaking lousianna with a dumb hick hawaiian accent? bc creole is just dumb hick in place of english
hce is basically the language that developed when plantation owners hired a bunch of japanese, chinese, filipinos, hawaiians, portuguese, and broke-rear end white americans and western europeans and expected them to communicate effectively with utter disregard for the fact that none of them spoke the same language

a hole-y ghost posted:

well what the hecks it called?? link to it do you not want money or something :argh:
it's called a game about a dragon :v:

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I really only speak four, but because the Scandinavian "languages" each count for one I can tell people I speak six lol

e: American chicks think I'm a loving wizard

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
These threads are great because people will say they """""""""speak"""""""" a language when they probably have a working vocab of less than 500 words and can't follow native to native speech at normal speeds

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
A good friend of mine says he speaks english...but in reality all he can do is slowly and haltingly labor his way through sentances...putting the words together like a crippled mason laying block. All this in an accent that is almost completely unintelligible. And he always makes sure to complain that Americans are hard to understand because they "talk to fast"

Nope.. guess again doofus. That's the natural speed of the language and until you can follow it you can stop saying you speak it.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

8 track betamax posted:

These threads are great because people will say they """""""""speak"""""""" a language when they probably have a working vocab of less than 500 words and can't follow native to native speech at normal speeds
yeah... I'm "bathroom fluent" in a good number of languages (speak/understand short sentences at normal speed, enough to get to a bathroom if I really need to take a dump) but I only speak english

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

8 track betamax posted:

This is me, irl

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm fluent in Spanish, but as far as french goes, I tell people I know just enough to embarrass myself.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cephalectomy posted:

The Wikipedia entry for it is titled "Hawaiian Pidgin": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_Pidgin

I'm more familiar with Haitian Creole, which the times I've heard it contained enough French for me to be able to follow it fairly well.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I only speak English because I had to take French in middle school and high school and loving hated it and made it my mission to forget all I had learned. It worked.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Celluloid Sam posted:

I only speak English because I had to take French in middle school and high school and loving hated it and made it my mission to forget all I had learned. It worked.

Mon crayon est large et jaune.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol it would be gross Oh shi

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

The Bananana posted:

I'm fluent in Spanish, but as far as french goes, I tell people I know just enough to embarrass myself.

How do you define fluent?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

8 track betamax posted:

How do you define fluent?

Liquidy

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i tried teaching myself chinese but i kept saying everything wong

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
LOL, keg's a real human being, but not the homosexual kind, the really stupid and lame kind.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Keg is a dumbass sadbrain and is therefore a drain on society which is what the original term meant before it was applied to good and cool homosexuals, many of whom make real contributions to society, unlike Keg who should just kill himself because he is like a heavy bundle of sticks on the back of humanity.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

how about you polyglot on my BALLS, OP?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Germstore posted:

Keg is a dumbass sadbrain and is therefore a drain on society which is what the original term meant before it was applied to good and cool homosexuals, many of whom make real contributions to society, unlike Keg who should just kill himself because he is like a heavy bundle of sticks on the back of humanity.

this is the post of a man that owns every eminem album

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Why would you own anything after Don't Call Me Marshall?

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
OP I speak Slovak (native), English (obviously fluent as gently caress), German (barely), Czech. Thanks to me belonging to Slav master race, I also understand most Slavic languages.
Remembering some Greek bad words a little and of course Gypsy (the only official pan-European language)

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

poor hygiene is the lingua franca of continental europe

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

an entire continent whose bridge language is a shart that goes on for half a second longer than it should

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

depending on depth and tonal frequencies of it, you can hail a taxi or cottage for sex at the train depot

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Germstore posted:

Actually, I'm happy.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I can understand fluent German speakers but sound like an idiot if I have to talk, also have a pretty solid lock on Miami Cuban American Spanglish

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Spanglish is delightful because you just drift from English to Spanish mid sentence at your own whims

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
i speak the only language that matters op:

AMERICAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I took some Russian. Hard as gently caress but I managed a C.
I might be good at the lingo but would be a piss-poor spy.

• Locked thread