Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I have been learning swedish for a couple years, but whenever i go to sweden, i am too terrified to do anything other than ask a man at a gas station if he has a spoon for my yogurt. And everyone in scandinavia speaks english quite well. Learning languages is difficult if you don't have many people to practice with. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

KomodoWagon posted:

This is pretty much only true in Sweden, where self-loathing has become a religion and people will take any chance they get to speak English for a chance to be complimented on how good their English is. In the rest of Scandinavia, and also the Netherlands, where people also speak great English, people will continue to speak their native language if that is how you attempt to engage them.

Also well done picking the gayest of three mutually intelligible languages dumbass

Sorry for wanting to talk with my friends.

• Locked thread