Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't speak any languages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Al Cowens posted:

Same but it's not really a thing you can talk about with other Americans without being utterly shat upon and having the most disgusting motivations ascribed to you because of it (see the first person to mention Japanese in this thread talking about weeaboos). German: Nazi. French: Snob. Any Asian language: Sex tourist or weeaboo. I suspect that's precisely what you were trying to demonstrate with your retarded GBS honeypot thread. It also doesn't help that study abroad is often a means for Americans to virtue signal or demonstrate that they are a member of a privileged class of enlightened worldly people.
I'm pretty sure you're a weeaboo and keg is being a snob in this thread so.. .

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Al Cowens posted:

Ever mentioning that you speak Japanese or French tends to give fucktards like you those respective impressions, yes. THAT'S THE WHOLE loving POINT OF THE POST RETARD
Actually, that impression is based on years of seeing you post.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

apparently more and more organizations are classifying hawaiian creole english as a separate language so like four
what's the other 2??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

also did you finish your video game yet

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

and yes it was finished but now i'm making another because i'm a masochist or something
Where is it??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

v it's on steam duh
well what the hecks it called?? link to it do you not want money or something :argh:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

8 track betamax posted:

These threads are great because people will say they """""""""speak"""""""" a language when they probably have a working vocab of less than 500 words and can't follow native to native speech at normal speeds
yeah... I'm "bathroom fluent" in a good number of languages (speak/understand short sentences at normal speed, enough to get to a bathroom if I really need to take a dump) but I only speak english

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

jeff smisek posted:

I have been learning swedish for a couple years, but whenever i go to sweden, i am too terrified to do anything other than ask a man at a gas station if he has a spoon for my yogurt. And everyone in scandinavia speaks english quite well. Learning languages is difficult if you don't have many people to practice with. :(
yeah it's hard with languages like that because people tend to appreciate your effort but keep trying to just talk to you in english because it's easier

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

KomodoWagon posted:

Also well done picking the gayest of three mutually intelligible languages dumbass
you're saying it's the gayest one and then insulting jeff for picking it I'm getting mixed messages here :confused:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Jestery posted:

Sign language is a pretty sweet language to learn. You can talk through windows and underwater. And the Deaf are pretty chill people most of the time. It definitely has some limitations compared to English but the versatility of 3D grammar can be put to great use in some specific situations.
Secret To Communicating With 3D Girls Discovered

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Keg posted:

GBS hates happiness.
No. We hate people being happy; there is a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lmao it's a shadow puppet version of :gizz:

• Locked thread