Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm only fluent in English, but I know a very small part of Italian and French. And I know enough Japanese to get the gist of what is being said to me, but I can't articulate a reply, and can't read hiragana or most kanji. I'm also working on trying to learn Japanese and Korean for work, because I'm an accountant and a handful of my clients have foreign income, and W-2 equivalents that are entirely in those languages. Or I have clients that have straight from Korea wives and stuff. So I figure it would be nice if I could speak to them in a language that isn't pretty broken for them. Anyway, that's my story about how I'm gonna learn anime speak for actual real life uses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did anybody's parents buy them those Muzzy tapes to try to learn languages as kids? My dad got me the Italian ones because Italian family (also the French set), but they didn't really help at all. All I remember is a vampire gremlin living in a clock and plums.

But at least I will never forget how to count to 3 in French.

• Locked thread