Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keg
Sep 22, 2014
If you only speak 1 language, why? You can better yourself for free and learn cool things about other cultures. I can speak English & French, and I'm learning German.

Learning languages is lots of fun. I think I might learn Spanish or Korean next, depending on which country has better racist oi punk bands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Homophobia is really mean and wrong, so I reported you to the mods.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

criscodisco posted:

I took 4 years of Latin in high school, so I'm fluent with other people who took 4 years of Latin in high school.

I think it takes a lot more work to become fluent than take some highschool courses. You have to go out and meet people and immerse yourself in other cultures.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

EugeneJ posted:

the one that got your mom into bed, op

Thank you for teaching people about fremdschämen.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

EugeneJ posted:

And thank your mom for teaching people about krabben

Maybe you should use capital letters and punctuation while oversharing about your life instead of trying to make jokes

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Why hasn't anybody posted about why they only speak 1 language?

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

The only reason why 99% of Americans ever study a foreign language at all is to half-rear end it and lord it over or compete with their countrymen and not to effectively communicate with foreigners HOPE THAT loving HELPS, BITCH rear end OP.

I like having friends from all over the world, and I believe we have a lot to share with eachother culturally and personally.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I just really wish I had started taking Spanish instead of French. Spanish I could have actually used. French just lets me watch foreign movies and critique the translations of the subtitles.

They're similar languages, and I believe you can learn Spanish if you decide to try :)

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

Same but it's not really a thing you can talk about with other Americans without being utterly shat upon and having the most disgusting motivations ascribed to you because of it (see the first person to mention Japanese in this thread talking about weeaboos). German: Nazi. French: Snob. Any Asian language: Sex tourist or weeaboo. I suspect that's precisely what you were trying to demonstrate with your retarded GBS honeypot thread. It also doesn't help that study abroad is often a means for Americans to virtue signal or demonstrate that they are a member of a privileged class of enlightened worldly people.

Actually, I wanted to know what languages GBS posters like to speak.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

gently caress off to BYOB.

There are people in your life who love you, imagine what they would think if they saw your mean-spirited posts.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

Your anki flashcard deck consists of several variations of "GBS déteste les femmes"

Be kind to those around you, and accept kindness from others too.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

There's a really nice German language megathread in the educational forum. Go there and you too can be called a nazi repeatedly by people who should know better.

I don't think they would do that.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Germstore posted:

Keg is a dumbass sadbrain and is therefore a drain on society which is what the original term meant before it was applied to good and cool homosexuals, many of whom make real contributions to society, unlike Keg who should just kill himself because he is like a heavy bundle of sticks on the back of humanity.

Actually, I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

This would have, potentially, been an OK thread with interesting discussion if someone other than you posted it.

GBS hates happiness.

• Locked thread