Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

M_Sinistrari posted:

For the most part I've lucked out with not having crappy neighbors, but that just meant when I did have one it'd be a doozy. I've lived at this complex for years without a problem and when my then boyfriend/now fiance and I decided to move in together, it was easier for me to talk to management about just relocating to a larger apartment in the complex than find somewhere new. Our problem with our downstairs neighbor started the day we moved in with her beating on the door as we're unpacking yelling that we're running water and it's flooding her bathroom. Maintenance comes by and it turns out it's a leak from another apartment that's running along the pipes in the walls and dripped into her bathroom. We figure no big deal, mistaken assumptions happen. But after that she became fixated that we're the reason for this loud pounding machine noise she's hearing, and begins this years long campaign of constantly aggressively confronting us about this noise. My fiance and I don't hear a thing like this and what noise we hear from the nearby complex boiler and heating/air conditioning unit isn't anything like what she insists she's hearing. She ends up going to management to complain about us repeatedly and they come to investigate to find nothing that could be describing what she's insisting. Management tells us to ignore her, she's on record being a constant complainer. From bsing with the maintenance guys we find out she's on disability and has a tendency to go off whatever meds she's supposed to be on.

This ends up being the pattern over the years as management staff changes and when there's enough new people in the office, she starts up complaining about us again. It escalates to where security and management have investigated us to the point where they've looked in our closets, cabinets, checked the dishwasher and garbage disposal, and even gone into the air conditioning access to look for a source for this noise. One person from management even questioned our computers as being a source for this industrial machine sounding noise. Each investigation turned up whatever she's hearing, it's not us. She then starts badmouthing us to the other neighbors insisting we're meth heads selling drugs out of the apartment with her story varying with we're cooking meth in the apartment or we're making it at work and bringing it home to sell. At the time my fiance was working for the county's police dispatch and I'm doing 911. We also find out from other neighbors that she's the reason some of the others near us have moved out because of her fighting with them or constantly complaining about their kids. She pissed someone off enough they smeared dog poo poo on and around her door and at one point someone shot out her window one night.

On the last round of her campaign against us, the owner got involved. After going through the years of paperwork on file for this and her starting up again with the latest batch of office staff she was finally sat down and told what she's hearing isn't us and is from the boiler or heating/airconditioning and anything else is normal apartment living sounds, so she has to accept it since the location of the boiler and all was there when she moved in or she has to relocate or move. Her harassment of us is to stop or she's evicted. She's been quiet since then beyond giving us evil glares when we pass her going about our day, and I can live with that.

Sounds like it's the perfect time to set up an air compressor or something in your place just to gently caress with her. Just leave it running all day, and when she complains she'll be reminded how it can't possibly be your fault!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My neighbor has two pairs of twins that are 4 and 6 respectively. They had a single child and then decided they weren't miserable enough and wanted to have another, but instead they got twins. So now with three children they decided one more would be a nice round number, and the second set of twins popped out. This leads to many, many hours of just completely random incredibly loud screaming coming from their backyard during the summer. I hate children.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

CJacobs posted:

My neighbor has two pairs of twins that are 4 and 6 respectively. They had a single child and then decided they weren't miserable enough and wanted to have another, but instead they got twins. So now with three children they decided one more would be a nice round number, and the second set of twins popped out. This leads to many, many hours of just completely random incredibly loud screaming coming from their backyard during the summer. I hate children.

Agreed. To people without kids, or with quiet kids, the sounds of constant mayhem are so loving awful.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

when I was 7 the redneck kids from 2 houses down tied me up in the back of the broken-down school bus in their front yard , poked me with sticks and called me friend of the family.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
we live in rural area so we have 2 sorta weird neighbors. On one side we have a dude who burns poo poo every sunny day without fail and on the other side we have bluecollar family who are actualy pretty nice but the grandmother is nuts and wanders into our yard a decent amount. when i was little we had much worse ones. basically the had a untrained pissed off rottie that broke its chain and would run around in our yard and chase me and my friends while foaming with rage.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I live in a rural area and my old neighbor was pretty awesome- he was like 75 years old but could have still kicked the poo poo out of me. Everyday I would get up to take the dog out and he'd be walking to his barn to do carpentry stuff and we'd wave at each other. A few times he lent me tools and helped me with stuff that he probably thought I could hurt myself doing.

Last time we did stuff together (fix up each side of the fence that separates our land, like out of a Robert Frost poem!) he was very much changed: confused, not really there. He developed Alzheimer's very quickly and is now in a home. I went to visit him once and he kept telling me he was going home when he got better :(

The new neighbor is his son. He's quiet, we talk every once in a while.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Professor Shark posted:

I live in a rural area and my old neighbor was pretty awesome- he was like 75 years old but could have still kicked the poo poo out of me. Everyday I would get up to take the dog out and he'd be walking to his barn to do carpentry stuff and we'd wave at each other. A few times he lent me tools and helped me with stuff that he probably thought I could hurt myself doing.

Last time we did stuff together (fix up each side of the fence that separates our land, like out of a Robert Frost poem!) he was very much changed: confused, not really there. He developed Alzheimer's very quickly and is now in a home. I went to visit him once and he kept telling me he was going home when he got better :(

The new neighbor is his son. He's quiet, we talk every once in a while.

I was enjoying the tales of legitimately bad neighbours then you had to pull this :smith: poo poo?
Come on dude.
:smith:

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Back in May I had my driveway sealcoated on a Friday as it had been a couple years and was due. Cost $150 but it looked like black glass when they were done. Great job.

My wife was out of town so I took a few days off to get some things done around the house and to be available to pick her up from the airport upon her return. The following Wednesday I went out to see if it was dry enough and I could get the lawn mowed before it was time to pick her up. I walked out to the front of my house and my driveway had these huge circles scratched in it.

I called the neighbor to the north (young engaged couple, one kid from her previous relationship, nice people). He said he'd grill their kid and the other neighbor to the south's kid and if they fess up, he'll make it right. He brought them over and each blamed the other, but yeah - they were doing donuts on an electric scooter and grinding a metal part that sticks out on the blacktop.

We got back from the airport and the other neighbor to the south (married couple, alleged infidelity issues, he's a drunk hillbilly) was moseying out to do his usual roaming around the neighborhood, whiskey in one hand/tallboy beer in the other. I asked him to come over and showed him what had been done and that i can't allow the kids to play on my driveway anymore since now they're damaging it. He seemed okay with it and went on.

About an hour later the doorbell rings and it's the redneck. He's had a few more drinks and is suddenly not okay with me telling him that his kid can't play on my property. He asked me outside to look at it again and pointed at the damage saying things like, "I don't see what the big fuckin' deal is - it's just a driveway. It's gonna get scuffed eventually anyway.." and the passive-aggressive, "I can't tell you what do with your property but, >insert telling me what to do with my property here<."

I tried to let him know that it's not cool that his kid was a participant in ruining a brand new sealcoat job, but he just didn't get it. Even the other neighbors since have tried to tell him he's in the wrong but he still to this day never apologized nor offered to help pay to fix it. I haven't spoken to him since this incident as I was just absolutely gobsmacked that he had the sack to tell me he flat out didn't give a drat and I shouldn't either.

From what i gather, I got lucky that it took him 13 years to do something like this to me. Most of the other neighbors hate the guy, too.

WescottF1 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 2, 2016

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Our neighbor in Tennessee ripped his garage door off its hinges one day, then a couple days later, had a standoff with a SWAT team.

Aah, Tennessee. You sucked.

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
Hahaha my neighbor once kidnapped a family and clubbed them to death then he clubbed an old man and stole his car hahahaha

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?

Drum posted:

Our neighbor in Tennessee ripped his garage door off its hinges one day, then a couple days later, had a standoff with a SWAT team.

Aah, Tennessee. You sucked.

Hey hey hey. He waited for the swat team. Some neighbors don't give ya the courtesy.

Disabled Toilet Fun
Feb 8, 2010
Last year my Grandad died of lung cancer, and as my Nan hadn't lived by herself before I volunteered to move in to her spare room as she was lonely, frail and too nice for her own good. Luckily we lived in the same town so it wasn't much of a move. The main difference however was that I lived with my parents beforehand in the nice part of town, whereas this was one of the shadier parts, which meant housing was cheap which in turn attracted plenty of coffin dodgers (my town is also famous for it's old peoples homes).

Now, the house was semi-detached, which meant I shared a wall with her neighbour. He was a nice guy, a widower and an avid gardener. I had met him several times when I visited my Nan previously and also at my Granddad's funeral. He was a great help to my Nan while my Granddad was bedridden, mowing the lawn and getting the shopping in etc.

Unfortunately, he had a lot of mental issues. Every night around 10 pm he would sit in his garden and smoke his old man cigarettes and he would just start moaning; softly at first; but getting louder and louder. Of course this freaked me the gently caress out, so I asked my Nan what was up. She said he did that every night when he was drunk and that I should just ignore him. The moaning was just the beginning of it though. He would also talk to himself; not full conversations mind you; but statements or questions, that started loud and would trail off, or the reverse. I'll refer to him as Fred, but I've changed all the names for privacy reasons. His usual staples were: "Harry's gone ...", "Your father was a harsh man Fred.", "Oh Christ Fred no.", "Your own mother Fred!", "He's dead!" and other various moan or variations at a range of different volumes (some shouted), but never angry, just sad. He'd keep this up all night usually, I'm not quite sure when he slept, but at the time I worked at Starbucks so would get up at 3:30 AM and still hear him.

Obviously hearing this was heartbreaking and disturbing and it was horrible and for the first few weeks. However, like anything I got used to it eventually and even stopped noticing it, or only noticed when he was away because it would be so quiet. But honestly, hearing his pining dirge on that first night filled me with such dread I'm a bit ashamed.

I'm moving back with my Nan in October to save money and tbh it's better than paying a ridiculous amount of money for a flat with views of a main road roundabout.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Neighbor lady at my last apartment liked to scream at her little kids constantly, which is nothing too special but I thought hearing her screech "I DON'T GIVE A gently caress ABOUT THE ALPHABET RIGHT NOW!" was kind of funny

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
my newest neighbors have two pitbulls and I see them walking them all the time and I can't wait to catch one off-leash because I'm gonna immediately shoot it

so either I'm the bad neighbor or they are

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

City of Tampa posted:

my newest neighbors have two pitbulls and I see them walking them all the time and I can't wait to catch one off-leash because I'm gonna immediately shoot it

so either I'm the bad neighbor or they are

People will kill people for shooting their dogs and pitbull owners are even more likely than most I would imagine.

So I guess you would be the dead bad neighbor your neighbor talks about in prison.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
one time i peed on some poop

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Professor Shark posted:

People will kill people for shooting their dogs and pitbull owners are even more likely than most I would imagine.

So I guess you would be the dead bad neighbor your neighbor talks about in prison.

no they look like a responsible couple that seems to have their poo poo together, but yeah obv. they might be mentally compromised because they did somehow end up possessing two pitbulls

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

quote:

The moaning was just the beginning of it though. He would also talk to himself; not full conversations mind you; but statements or questions, that started loud and would trail off, or the reverse. I'll refer to him as Fred, but I've changed all the names for privacy reasons. His usual staples were: "Harry's gone ...", "Your father was a harsh man Fred.", "Oh Christ Fred no.", "Your own mother Fred!", "He's dead!" and other various moan or variations at a range of different volumes (some shouted), but never angry, just sad. He'd keep this up all night usually, I'm not quite sure when he slept, but at the time I worked at Starbucks so would get up at 3:30 AM and still hear him.

I had an old neighbor do this poo poo once to me too. Annoying as gently caress. This feeble shaky jackass walks out his porch one night at 2 am to smoke one of his cancer sticks. Stupid addict. I was up vaporizing like a civilized human with self control,he's coughing and shaking and wheezing and I'm forcedto turn around my chair to not make eye contact cuz I have so much self control I'm not going to let the furious rage and anger of him ruining my late night chill affect me. And behind me, the loving old guy just won't stop.
Cough couhg eeeeugh. Crash, he's on the ground "H-he he" What's that you porky pig smoking stupid gently caress "he he- he"
Finally I couldn't take it SHUT THE gently caress UP
and I slammed the door behind me. Avoidance. Everything worked out fine, no jail time for me this time. And two hours later the ambulance showed up and I never to deal with him again thank goodness.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Dragonstoned posted:

why are you in their house pissing on things?

or do they leave their filing cabinets and christmas presents in the yard?

I was given free reign to their garage so i unlocked some doors and windows for night time infiltration.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
In my old apt (around '05) my neighbors broke in and stole my xbox, laptop and a monitor cord. They were caught rather quickly, and in the police report I inflated the value of what was missing when they were caught (said the Xbox cords were worth $100, the monitor was worth $50, etc). So the guys did some jail time and had to send me little $50 checks every once in a while to compensate me.

So essentially, they broke in for the privilege of doing a few months in jail and giving me money. :smug:

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011
We had a woman living next door to our house. One day her daughter came to visit, she didn't do it often. This time though, the daughter came out screaming bloody murder, literally. The woman had been found stabbed to death. The daughter and boyfriend moved into the house once the crime scene was cleared. They never found the killer. Everyone thought it was them who did it; even the cops told us they were quite convinced of it, but they didn't have enough evidence to convict her. We eventually moved, I guess they're still living the life.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
My upstairs neighbors smoke and toss their butts down on the lawn. So trashy.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kuato posted:

In my old apt (around '05) my neighbors broke in and stole my xbox, laptop and a monitor cord. They were caught rather quickly, and in the police report I inflated the value of what was missing when they were caught (said the Xbox cords were worth $100, the monitor was worth $50, etc). So the guys did some jail time and had to send me little $50 checks every once in a while to compensate me.

So essentially, they broke in for the privilege of doing a few months in jail and giving me money. :smug:

Wow, grrrreat job abusing the poor and disenfranchised, the people forced to steal to make a living while you overstep your fat white collar rights, also abusing the law, great job KUATO you p.o.s. *Being sarcastic*

How much of an rear end in a top hat is this guy, amirite GBS

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011
Our downstairs neighbor (basement) had her stereo somewhere near a wall and it would make everything at our place would vibrate at the bass. We couldn't hear any high frequency sounds, just constant *thuuump thuuump* and feeling my feet vibrate while cooking and my chair vibrate all through dinner. I told her about it and she moved the stereo, which fixed the issue. I guess she wasn't a bad neighbor after all.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The guy who used to live across our street was pretty good, all told; after his wife died of cancer, though, I guess he just couldn't stand living in there any more. :smith:

So, he ended up moving out, and rented the place out to... Our current neighbors. The rumor I'd heard was that they'd been living in the neighboring town, had snuck their kids into our town's school system (since it's known for being really, really good for public schooling), and suddenly moved into our neighbor's place when they got caught so they wouldn't be kicked out. So things are already off to a great start.

They've got a shitload of kids of all ages living under their roof, in addition to the dogs I mentioned in my last post, so you can probably imagine what the noise situation is like.

Aaaand then it turns out they like ATVs, so they've been clear-cutting a pretty large bit of their woods and chipping it all up early in the morning on the weekends to make their own personal rink. In a residential neighborhood. :suicide:

...I'm almost positive they had to be talked down from chopping down the cherry tree our old neighbor had planted in memory of his wife.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
my neighbors let me watch them have sex lol

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Regalingualius posted:

The guy who used to live across our street was pretty good, all told; after his wife died of cancer, though, I guess he just couldn't stand living in there any more. :smith:

So, he ended up moving out, and rented the place out to... Our current neighbors. The rumor I'd heard was that they'd been living in the neighboring town, had snuck their kids into our town's school system (since it's known for being really, really good for public schooling), and suddenly moved into our neighbor's place when they got caught so they wouldn't be kicked out. So things are already off to a great start.

They've got a shitload of kids of all ages living under their roof, in addition to the dogs I mentioned in my last post, so you can probably imagine what the noise situation is like.

Aaaand then it turns out they like ATVs, so they've been clear-cutting a pretty large bit of their woods and chipping it all up early in the morning on the weekends to make their own personal rink. In a residential neighborhood. :suicide:

...I'm almost positive they had to be talked down from chopping down the cherry tree our old neighbor had planted in memory of his wife.

these people sound cool, they care about their kid's educations and have a really fun hobby that they are dedicated to as a family. You should buy an ATV and join in

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

scott zoloft posted:

my neighbors let me watch them have sex lol

They have to be aware of it for it to count as "letting" you.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
actually don;t buy an ATV buy a dirtbike, ATVs are designed to flip over and break your spine

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
families are disgusting

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

CJacobs posted:

They have to be aware of it for it to count as "letting" you.

nah they're usually like "come on in, scott"

and then they both laugh cause one of them said "cum" hahahha

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Don Tacorleone posted:

Wow, grrrreat job abusing the poor and disenfranchised, the people forced to steal to make a living while you overstep your fat white collar rights, also abusing the law, great job KUATO you p.o.s. *Being sarcastic*

How much of an rear end in a top hat is this guy, amirite GBS

Looks like my crappy drug addicted neighbor joined GBS as SA user Don Tacoerlone. Rly makes u think

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Every once in a while when I come home from work I see an old guy puttering down my street on his riding mower with a toddler on his lap. He has hearing protection, the toddler does not.

A few times a year, the people at the other end of the street will break out the go carts and kids will tear rear end up and down the street and I sometimes wish I'd hit them.

One other house at that end - a dead end - fills the entire end of the street with piles of gravel or dirt for some massive construction project in their backyard and will set off professional grade fireworks for Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day. But whoever makes the charges never gives them enough propellant because they only go up 20-30 feet and detonate, raining sparks over that end of the neighborhood. The cops also won't do poo poo because I guess no one on the street calls in with the magic code words to get them to roll up.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
my neighbor fucks me

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

my neighbor fucks me

So you moved next door to your parents, I see.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

The rumor I'd heard was that they'd been living in the neighboring town, had snuck their kids into our town's school system (since it's known for being really, really good for public schooling), and suddenly moved into our neighbor's place when they got caught so they wouldn't be kicked out. So things are already off to a great start

lol you pissbaby, I can't believe you typed this out and didn't think it would make you look like a tool

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 2, 2016

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

My neighbours seem to communicate entirely in high-volume swearing, but only when they're indoors. Outdoors they're lovely people that are fun to chat with. It's very strange.
Also they have two dogs that I've never seen them walk in four years so the dogs just stay inside and bark all day every day.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

When I was young the house next door went through a few owners and, for a brief time, was a rental property. This family moved in and they didn't bathe or really do anything except sleep during the day and play drums at night. One hot summer night and my parents are waked up around 3am to the sounds of drums and a massive party going down over there. Dad calls the cops, they come by to tell everybody to settle down, and then the oldest son (who had to be in his mid-twenties) comes out, screaming at my dad to start a fight while slurring in a very big way.

My dad wants to go fight, my mom calls the cops and is pissed that she's having to deal with this during a school night. She calls the cops again, and this time tells them that the guy is threatening, and she 'thinks he has a gun' because gently caress this guy, that's why.

I grew up in a small town where nothing happens after 8pm. Except this night where every single loving cop on the night shift comes screeching in guns drawn screaming for people to get on the ground. Mr. Loudmouth just happens to hit the hood of a squad car a few times. Two days later, the family vanished and there's a new For Rent sign up in the yard as the house is being repainted and gutted for remodeling. The next guy was pretty cool, and the current guy works for the city.

I guess my parents are the bad neighbors, but I still get a kick out of it. I was too young to be offended by the police brutality of it all and just thought it was like Robocop 2.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
the lady across the street works at cracker barrel and ive never seen anyone in their family outside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
My theory that only the worst of people buy dirtbikes for their kids has never once been wrong.

• Locked thread