Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
my first college house we used to throw huge ragers constantly and was basically the "unofficial" frat house since the cops were always all over the real one but our neighbors never called the cops, in fact our neighbor actually gave me his card after he found out I was in a fraternity and threw lots of parties at our place (he was a bail bondsman guessing he figured would get a lot of work lol) even when we were shootign off potato cannons into the air at like 1am no one seemed to give a gently caress. holy poo poo what a good time to be alive. I'd say we were the bad neighbors but never once had the cops called on us -- other than one tiem that was kinda my fault, my buddy was drunk af and all upset cause his ex was hooking up with another guy at the party and my great idea was to tell him to go blow off steam by breakign bottles in the street. Even then the cop just rolled by in the car and was like "hey we heard some guy was breaking bottles out here " and wasted as gently caress was just like "uhh yeah we made him leave" and cop was like "aiight" and rolled off, it was chill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Where was the crappy neighbor in that story?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Where was the crappy neighbor in that story?

It was Nooner.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
drat. The tale was coming from inside the crappy neighbor the whole time

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The neighbors across the way seem nice enough. But one night when I was having a big game night with all my friends we heard a ~Crack~ outside. Turns out their daughter had run into my neighbors car, leaving a pretty good dent in the side of the car. NBD. We tell the neighbor and they confront the offending folk and they deny it. Then they say "prove it", so they did with paint scuffs. Next day the Asians' car was all fixed and had no scuffs, but the claim was already made. So they admitted they did it and they'd pay if the police made them, which the police wouldn't cuz it was so small. Then they reversed themselves and said aha it never happened. Nice enough but untrustworthy as poo poo.

The same neighbors that got hit have this kid that has major ADD. Like seriously he doesn't pay attention or listen to his parents AT ALL. Its to the point where if we see him and he sees our daughter to play we're like Ugggggghh no. Once his mom came over to deliver an invitation to an event and he just ran into our house despite everyone protests. He just went in, went downstairs and started playing with my daughters toys while we're trying to eat dinner like wtf.

Thats pretty much the worst besides the assholes firing off fireworks or playing music way too lout late at night a few houses down.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah those cunning bloody celestials am I right

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
this is why we just bought a single family home on an acre of land. the neighbor across the street just introduced herself and she's a duola and instantly offered to be our emergency contact and seems like a cool old hippy lady

oh sorry, so one time we had this neighbor when i was a kid and he was this night vietnamese grandpa with a yound adult son who was a cop. he kept his house so clean and nice, then a family of like 20+ moved in next door and let their lawn grow to like knee-high length and the chain link fence was a wreck. the son of the old neighbor would drive by in his cop car but we were pretty sure they had a police scanner and would turn down music/etc before a cop rolled by. they had a lady pitbull that i was pretty sure the only reason she was around was to breed more pitbull/fighting dogs. she was still mean as poo poo and barked all the time. they turned that house into a dump and then my dad got stationed somewhere else and we said sayonara to those bitches. probably still devalued the house

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

Dawncloack posted:

Everytime I had a party I would leave a message on the staircase so that neighbors would know, show up maybe and so that they'd be cool, and unfailingly the old lady would come up the next morning and be all on my case about the noise. Until that time when I forgot putting up the message and proceeded to have a seriously out of control party. You can probably guess what didn't happen the next morning.

A tale about noisy furniture reminded me of a Tale of a Crappy Neighbour, in which I'm the Crappy Neighbour (of sorts).

We had a lot of trouble with noise from the neighbours. There was an apartment above us, an apartment below us, and you know what apartments look like so you can imagine the scenario: we're surrounded by apartments. There was a lot of furniture noise. Everything would be quiet and then, SCRAPE, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK, someone would drag a chair across the floor. Usually it wasn't too bad. Sometimes it would be late at night. A few times I went upstairs and asked the neighbours and they apologised and told their daughter not to drag her chair around. No worries.

But it got worse and worse. There was more scraping! Louder! And later into the evening!

I gave them a bag of chair foot pads to stop the scraping noise. They returned it saying they're not moving furniture. I wasn't convinced.

One night about 1am they moved a hell of a lot of furniture. A lot of scraping. It was 90% off the furniture store and everything had to go!!! I went upstairs and then I realised that their house was completely quiet. So instead I looked around to find another neighbour who was up, and it was the neighbour below our apartment. Through some magical audio trick the scraping noises sounded like they came from upstairs when they really came from below.

I knocked on the door and told them to stop it. They were most apologetic. And their dog tried to bite me. He didn't manage to get me that time. But he did bite me another time, the horrible bastard.

Sorry upstairs neighbours!

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I lived in an apartment on the top floor of a seven-floor building from the 70's, about 25% of the inhabitants were super old, and had lived there for 40 years. Due to this, they were very certain that they owned the place.

An old man started complaining to me as I was moving a sofa via the elevator, he left after I asked him to help me carry it up the stairs.

My wife later ran into another old man as she was leaving for work, and it turned out said old man knew her family (not surprising, it's a small area), the old man then invited us to coffee that evening. She said yes, and then that evening we came home to a hand written note pushed through our mailslot.

The note started off fairly normal, but started turning into weird requests pretty quickly. He asked if we could play instruments, and if so, would we take them with us to play for his wife? Then he went on into talking about how he has a strange hobby, he like hair, like a lot. He enjoys fixing hairstyles, and even cuts it sometimes. He makes crafts and small dolls from human hair, would you be so kind as to wear your hair in a ponytail or braid when you visit? You know, so he can see how much there is to work with.

We canceled that night, but we kept getting weird notes in our mailslot asking us to come to coffee. We asked my wife's family about him, and they said that "Yes, he's weird as hell. No, he will never stop until you go to coffee."

So we went to coffee, which was him and his wife talking at us while serving us coffee with spoiled milk and canned fruit cocktail. As we were leaving he insisted on showing off the dolls he made with human hair. He was very proud, having made over 200. One was literally a barbie doll with human hair glued to it, and the other was a paper cone-angel, with a face cut out from a magazine taped to it. It was both underwhelming and really creepy. We excused ourselves soon after.

They kept on inviting us to coffee, but we began studiously avoiding them. We have since bought a house and I don't speak the same language as our closest neighbors. This is ok, we wave.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cthulu Carl posted:

Every once in a while when I come home from work I see an old guy puttering down my street on his riding mower with a toddler on his lap. He has hearing protection, the toddler does not.

A few times a year, the people at the other end of the street will break out the go carts and kids will tear rear end up and down the street and I sometimes wish I'd hit them.

One other house at that end - a dead end - fills the entire end of the street with piles of gravel or dirt for some massive construction project in their backyard and will set off professional grade fireworks for Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day. But whoever makes the charges never gives them enough propellant because they only go up 20-30 feet and detonate, raining sparks over that end of the neighborhood. The cops also won't do poo poo because I guess no one on the street calls in with the magic code words to get them to roll up.

Do you live on my street? You described my neighbors exactly, except for the construction materials at the end of the street, and the fireworks neighbors like to aim their poo poo for my house so I always see spent fireworks on my roof and in my yard, the morning after.

It was the punk rear end kid across the street from me who was always riding go carts and ATVs up and down the street all day. Our little unincorporated town once built a small park for the kids... we literally had all materials and money donated by the citizens, we bought a patch of land by the creek, and built a shelter house with restrooms and a kitchen area so we had a nice local space the town could use. The punk rear end motherfucking kid across the street burned it down within 2 months.

So he got off light because he was a minor, but I still used to wish he would crash on one of his toys and get really hurt, especially when he was riding up and down the street in front of my house for hours on end, day after day. I heard the old man on the end used to call the cops on him all the time, but he'd always run for the trails when they showed up.... which makes you wonder why he hadn't just been riding the trails to begin with.

Anyway, one day I noticed the kid in a neck brace, scuffling out of his house with a walker, and then I realized I hadn't heard him in the street for a couple weeks. I guess sometimes dreams do come true.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress is up with people moving furniture at like 1 in the goddamn morning

Why is this so common

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It wasn't actually "crappy" really, more just annoying, but both in my apartment I lived in in switzerland for a couple years and now here in germany I often catch neighbors, mostly the elderly ones, watching me (or other people) from their apartments through my window multiple times a day. Mind your own drat business.

e: also there are people who go through my trash and if I don't separate all my recyclables properly into the 4 different bins they'll passive-aggressively do it for me and leave it out for me to see. I've started taking my trash to a larger trash bin for an apartment complex down the road because of this.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Aug 10, 2016

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Murphy Brownback posted:

It wasn't actually "crappy" really, more just annoying, but both in my apartment I lived in in switzerland for a couple years and now here in germany I often catch neighbors, mostly the elderly ones, watching me (or other people) from their apartments through my window multiple times a day. Mind your own drat business.

e: also there are people who go through my trash and if I don't separate all my recyclables properly into the 4 different bins they'll passive-aggressively do it for me and leave it out for me to see. I've started taking my trash to a larger trash bin for an apartment complex down the road because of this.

This sounds like a blessing in disguise. Just make sure you have larger and larger batches of recyclables until they stop.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Back a long time ago, when I was 17, I was taking care of my brother who has low functioning autism. His mom had just left on a flight, and he hadn't been separated from her in a long time, so I was alert for him trying to make a run for it, since the weather was nice.

Well the door is key locked from the inside, and he looks like he's doing just fine, so I take some laundry down to the basement to get everything moved over. When I came back up the stairs I smelled fresh air and my heart started beating faster. Turn the corner and I see another set of keys in the door and it's open. I loving dropped the clothes and ran out the door - not on the porch or in the walkway - then ran to the end of the driveway and he wasn't there either.

I was panicking at this point. How could he have gone out of sight so fast? I ran down both directions of the sidewalk like 50 yards in bare feet, scanning everywhere, could not see him. I sprinted back to my house, got my car keys, jumped in the car and started going down one way, U-turned, came back in the other direction.

Then there he was, directly across the street from my driveway, sitting at the base of my neighbors garage-door. I pulled up and walked over to him, he was fine and had been sitting in the shade pushing printed pictures of Richard Scarry characters under the carport-door. I took a knee for a second to let my heart slow down, since it felt like it was going to burst out of my chest, like every time he has gone wandering by himself. And this time, in my panic, I forgot to look straight ahead when I was initially looking for him.

Cops then pull up. That's ok, maybe someone concerned, and we lived on a curve that was pretty packed with houses. No, it turns out the daughter of my neighbor had just arrived for the summer and she told (or her mother told) the police my brother was trying to break in. I had to explain how that was not possible at all, since he requires 24 hour care, can't speak, and is disabled. They seemed a little skeptical initially but I think once I had my brother up and I was talkin' to them, they understood what happened (or they got the response from dispatch that indeed a disabled person lived at my address and was noted as a, escape/wander threat). They told me my brother had frightened the girl somehow and the girl told them my brother was in the driveway, "and I just got in my car and drove off." I guess she didn't notice me running around in my yard, driveway, and down the sidewalk like a lunatic?

So I went home and everything is fine right? No, neighbor Mom pulls up within the hour and immediately comes to confront me. She has the pictures my bro shoved under the door in one hand, and proceeds to lecture me about my poor care of my brother. "He's always up there watching TV, why don't you get him out more?", "He's always walking around covering his ears, I know your playing TV or music up there or something he doesn't like", and other such things which were totally wrong and coming from a perspective of someone with no knowledge of what she's reprimanding me for. Not mention my brother likes to blast his Disney and cover his ears, which is when he enjoys himself and we all get to sing along if we aren't trying to drown it out a little somehow. She apparently left work immediately to deal with this task and really her whole lecture left me dumbfounded - stupefied. This was the first time I ever met that person.

Anyway, at the end of the conversation she told me she was going to hold onto the pictures (hahaha evidence!). I could not think of a reason why, but you know what, OK. She came back the next day and gave them back. What I got from this is that across the street was a completely different world from mine and that over there perhaps I would be the shocked at the spectacle. Or something like that.

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 10, 2016

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Azuth0667 posted:

This sounds like a blessing in disguise. Just make sure you have larger and larger batches of recyclables until they stop.

That's a dangerous game, I've heard stories of people being (probably illegally) evicted by their landlords or even having the police called on them over failing to follow the stupid trash sorting rules. Germans take the color of plastic bin you put your things into very seriously.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Monkey Fracas posted:

What the gently caress is up with people moving furniture at like 1 in the goddamn morning

Why is this so common

you see this a lot in Texas/the South in general any time between March and November because it's literally 100 degrees and some ridiculous 90+% humidity at any time of day that the sun is up, so the only time to get anything done without dying of heatstroke is the middle of the night

unless you're talking about moving poo poo around inside, in that case I have no clue, maybe they sleep during the day or something

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

TheKennedys posted:

you see this a lot in Texas/the South in general any time between March and November because it's literally 100 degrees and some ridiculous 90+% humidity at any time of day that the sun is up, so the only time to get anything done without dying of heatstroke is the middle of the night

unless you're talking about moving poo poo around inside, in that case I have no clue, maybe they sleep during the day or something

I was remarking on how assholes noisily sliding furniture around in the apartment above you late at night seems to be a weirdly common occurrence

maybe it's just because it's so immediately noticeable and irritating so you're like I WILL NOT FORGET THIS AND WILL TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT FOREVER

I'm glad my current neighbors/apartment neighbors are quiet and good

half of them are like in their 70s/80s and smoke and drink constantly so I worry they're going to die anytime though

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Anytime it snowed there would be tracks from my neighbor's backdoor to my windows. It looked like they were going from their house to try and look into my windows. They would appear overnight. I asked my neighbors about it and they denied it but it kept happening. Finally I told them that there were tracks straight from their duplex to my windows and I was going to call the police and contact our landlord if it happened again.

One night I heard the dad yell "GET THE gently caress IN HERE. WHAT THE gently caress DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING OUT THERE" in the middle of the night and it never happened again so I'm assuming it was their ten year old.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Murphy Brownback posted:

That's a dangerous game, I've heard stories of people being (probably illegally) evicted by their landlords or even having the police called on them over failing to follow the stupid trash sorting rules. Germans take the color of plastic bin you put your things into very seriously.

Its optional in my part of :patriot:. The funniest thing we had happen was a garbageman mistakenly thinking stuff was trash. Our neighbors were a couple that gave no fucks so naturally their kids roamed the neighborhood and their house looked like poo poo. Their front porch was always covered in things, bikes, strollers, toys, tools, etc. You name it and it was probably on their porch. One trash pick up day their porch was magically clean and they were on their porch screaming into the phone about something. It turns out their porch was covered in so much stuff the grabageman couldn't tell what was trash so he took it all and they were bitching to the police that it was :airquote:valuable:airquote:.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

My other neighbor didn't really do anything to me but holy poo poo he went crazy one day. I had been friends with this girl we'll call Meghan since high school. She had a pretty close knit family so I met a lot of her relatives when I would go over to her house. We drifted apart after high school and stopped talking as much but one day I saw her post a picture of her and my neighbor. I was like holy poo poo, are you dating my neighbor? Turns out she was. Anyway, one day I'm outside and my neighbor comes home covered in blood. I'm like, okay....what the gently caress. The cops show up and arrest him. Turns out he caught Meghan and her teenage cousin at her house and beat the gently caress out of him with a shovel. He thought she was cheating on him.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

dog buttz posted:

My other neighbor didn't really do anything to me but holy poo poo he went crazy one day. I had been friends with this girl we'll call Meghan since high school. She had a pretty close knit family so I met a lot of her relatives when I would go over to her house. We drifted apart after high school and stopped talking as much but one day I saw her post a picture of her and my neighbor. I was like holy poo poo, are you dating my neighbor? Turns out she was. Anyway, one day I'm outside and my neighbor comes home covered in blood. I'm like, okay....what the gently caress. The cops show up and arrest him. Turns out he caught Meghan and her teenage cousin at her house and beat the gently caress out of him with a shovel. He thought she was cheating on him.

You were neighbors with Windows 98??

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Was there a poster named Windows 98 I don't know about, or am I about to learn all about the dark side of operating systems?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Xiahou Dun posted:

Was there a poster named Windows 98 I don't know about, or am I about to learn all about the dark side of operating systems?

You sweet summer child. Someone else will elaborate. I can't because of phone posting.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

We have such wonders to show you!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2562

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

there once was a poster named windows nine eight
who fancied that modship would be his true fate
a pm was posted
and windows was ghosted
because clueless pride was his dominant trait

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Why is this so common

10% graveyard shift workers, 90% meth

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

In college, one kid in the dorms turned his speakers up as loud as they would go so you could hear them for two floors in either direction and blasted Journey or Queen or something, I don't remember what, on repeat over an entire holiday weekend. The maintenance staff and RAs had all gone home so there was no one to unlock his door and shut it off. Had to go sleep at a friend's apartment.

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012
When we lived in a house in vancouver one of our neighbours was running a grow op. We could tell because of the constant condensation on inside of the curtan covered windows. It was two couples running it and we didn't really care because it was super quiet, no parties or anything. But our dog hated one of the women. Our dog wouldn't bark at anyone else, just her. And constantly. The only time she wasn't barking right away was when she was waiting hidden under the stairs for the woman to go to the side door of the house, so she could jump out and start barking and shaking the fence right by her. The grow op woman eventually started calling the city on barking dog complaints and she printed out the city bylaws and stuck them in our mailbox. After that we called the police on them. Police came and arrested them all and got all their grow stuff. A few days later the guys father came by, turned out they were all Americans too.
But how loving stupid do you have to be to piss off your neighbours when you are running a marijuana grow op?

FishMist
Apr 24, 2005

*sniff sniff*

Free Market Mambo posted:

I lived in an apartment on the top floor of a seven-floor building from the 70's, about 25% of the inhabitants were super old, and had lived there for 40 years. Due to this, they were very certain that they owned the place.

An old man started complaining to me as I was moving a sofa via the elevator, he left after I asked him to help me carry it up the stairs.

My wife later ran into another old man as she was leaving for work, and it turned out said old man knew her family (not surprising, it's a small area), the old man then invited us to coffee that evening. She said yes, and then that evening we came home to a hand written note pushed through our mailslot.

The note started off fairly normal, but started turning into weird requests pretty quickly. He asked if we could play instruments, and if so, would we take them with us to play for his wife? Then he went on into talking about how he has a strange hobby, he like hair, like a lot. He enjoys fixing hairstyles, and even cuts it sometimes. He makes crafts and small dolls from human hair, would you be so kind as to wear your hair in a ponytail or braid when you visit? You know, so he can see how much there is to work with.

We canceled that night, but we kept getting weird notes in our mailslot asking us to come to coffee. We asked my wife's family about him, and they said that "Yes, he's weird as hell. No, he will never stop until you go to coffee."

So we went to coffee, which was him and his wife talking at us while serving us coffee with spoiled milk and canned fruit cocktail. As we were leaving he insisted on showing off the dolls he made with human hair. He was very proud, having made over 200. One was literally a barbie doll with human hair glued to it, and the other was a paper cone-angel, with a face cut out from a magazine taped to it. It was both underwhelming and really creepy. We excused ourselves soon after.

They kept on inviting us to coffee, but we began studiously avoiding them. We have since bought a house and I don't speak the same language as our closest neighbors. This is ok, we wave.

could have been worse, at least you didn't have to f-fingerblast anything...

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

If you don't understand committing multiple felonies while bitching about your neighbors' city ordinance violations, I'm afraid you may never understand America. :911:

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I rented a floor of a nice big house from what seemed pretty chill old couple. Too chill. The place was infested; found a new place within 2 weeks, forfeiting the deposit.
After coming home exhausted from work at midnight, finding roaches everywhere(in the fridge? really?), I hauled all my poo poo out since i finally had the key to the new spot. They was pissed, but I finished the move by 4am.
The old spot was so gross...I complained once and they called a bugman. I caught him leaving with a look of terror in his eyes.
Dead giveaway I missed there.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
They weren't bad people or anything, but the house I was renting a ground-floor suite in was sold, and my neighbours abruptly went from the light-footed landlord and his wife upstairs and three adults beside me, to a family of five upstairs (including a colicky baby that screamed until 4am every night and two small children who were at home running back and forth all day), and a group of four college students next door.

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

RNG posted:

In college, one kid in the dorms turned his speakers up as loud as they would go so you could hear them for two floors in either direction and blasted Journey or Queen or something, I don't remember what, on repeat over an entire holiday weekend. The maintenance staff and RAs had all gone home so there was no one to unlock his door and shut it off. Had to go sleep at a friend's apartment.

I probably would have gotten really drunk and broken in.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

My first house neighbours were ok: one side a single grandmother who was nosey as hell but nice, the other a super nice dude, two high school/colllege age kids and 3 foster kids and his wife,who was stand offish but quite. Across the street was the fattest loving cop I've ever seen but he was super nice too and always kept an eye on our place when we were gone.

The rest of the neighbourhood was a shitshow. The cop's house was right next to some dirty apartments that was a revolving door of trash. I was working nights I walked out my door at 5pm only to see my entire street line with cops. I look up too see a SWAT member posted up against my neighbour's house with a shotgun looking at the apartment complex. He sees me standing on my porch and shoos me back inside. I close the door and call my boss to tell him I'll be late because the SWAT team told me to stay inside.

Turns out some shitkicker from Texas was living in one of the apartments when a local deputy knocked on his door to give him a court summons. He looked out the peephole, saw the uniform, and freaked. Turns out he had a warrant for him in Texas. He grabbed his gun and shot at the deputy through the door. He missed so his backup plan was to take himself hostage. They went in after him around 6 which resulted in him shooting himself. I think he lived though.

Other than that there was some issues with rental properties being lived in my multiple families, getting trashed, and dealing drugs.

We finally moved last year. Not two weeks after some 19 year old dude was shot dead in the street about 600 yards from the house, a month after that a 17 year old shot his 16 year old friend with a gun he found in the street. I feel sorry for the family that moved in, but it's been quite since then AFAIK.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

bleep.bloop posted:

I probably would have gotten really drunk and broken in.

Without question

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
jfc why do u all live in low income shitholes

I had to work in one today

loving disgusting apartment complexes, garbage all over the place rusted out vehicles with flat tires

I have sympathy for the proletariat but they are gross

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

jfc why do u all live in low income shitholes

I had to work in one today

loving disgusting apartment complexes, garbage all over the place rusted out vehicles with flat tires

I have sympathy for the proletariat but they are gross

Desensitize yourself and face to poverty.

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

I lived in an apartment underneath a young couple from China who were super reclusive. They were alright for the first couple of months, but than they suddenly started running around and knocking furniture over at seemingly random times of the day. They were so loud it scared the poo poo out of me every single time it happened and I legit thought that they were having some sort of domestic throwdowns, so I called my landlord several times about it. Eventually I found out from their upstairs neighbour that they had some sort of bizzare "50 Shades of Grey" relationship where the girl would purposefully do something to piss off her boyfriend and he would chase her around and :airquote:punish her:airquote:.

There was a couple living across the easement from my parents place who would both gently caress off somewhere after a they would have a major spat for weeks at a time. This wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for the fact that they would both leave their 3 children all under the age of 10 at home alone . Fortunately their kids were surprisingly self-efficient and would walk together to the nearby mini-mart to get groceries and go to school. In fact, the kids were so quiet and well behaved that nobody noticed that anything was wrong until one of the kids went over to their neighbour's house to ask for help because their dishwasher had started leaking and they had no idea how to fix it. After that CPS got involved and last I heard the kids were living with one of their aunts. After their kids were taken away, the douchebags immediatly purchased a dog that they also proceeded to neglect the poo poo out of.

There's also some guy in my parents neighbourhood who likes to randomly fire off a gun in his yard. He only fires it once or twice and always on a Friday or Saturday night between 11 PM - 1 AM. People in the area have been complaining to the cops about this for years now and they still haven't managed to catch the guy.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
I once had a neighbor that played "Gangsta's Paradise" for about 3 days straight at a volume that defied imagination. They lived across the alley and were playing it outside and hanging out around a picnic table. It is not an exaggeration when I say 3 days straight. It literally never stopped for 3 days and they didn't go back inside the whole time.

Once it stopped, nothing similar ever happened again and they were very pleasant neighbors. Very surreal. We lived there for 2 years with just that one incident. Never had a complaint about them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

A few years ago, I was living with a girlfriend and her cat tended... Well, he tended to be a cat. If you moved slightly in bed he'd get in your face headbutting and meowing. If you threw him out of bed he'd throw a temper tantrum, usually by opening and slamming the cabinets in either the bathroom or the kitchen.

But if he got REALLY pissed he'd attack the stuffed mouse that hung on the closet door in the living room/entrance. He'd grab the mouse pulled it all the way down to the ground, then release it so it would rocket up and then THWAP against the ceiling. At three AM, usually.

So... Sorry anyone who had a downstairs neighbor who seemed to randomly pound on your floor in the middle of the night. :(

• Locked thread