Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

When I was a kid our neighbor bred Huskies, but we were never allowed to go over and see the puppies because he wasn't a very nice man, so instead I would sit by the fence and cheerfully talk to the puppies and dogs when they came over to sniff at me.

One day the neighbor opened his window and started yelling at me and I wasn't allowed to go talk to the puppies anymore :(

In retrospect it probably wasn't a very good idea to let a 4 year old unsupervised near dogs, the fence didn't completely circle their property and I'd probably have walked over eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I live in a rural area and my old neighbor was pretty awesome- he was like 75 years old but could have still kicked the poo poo out of me. Everyday I would get up to take the dog out and he'd be walking to his barn to do carpentry stuff and we'd wave at each other. A few times he lent me tools and helped me with stuff that he probably thought I could hurt myself doing.

Last time we did stuff together (fix up each side of the fence that separates our land, like out of a Robert Frost poem!) he was very much changed: confused, not really there. He developed Alzheimer's very quickly and is now in a home. I went to visit him once and he kept telling me he was going home when he got better :(

The new neighbor is his son. He's quiet, we talk every once in a while.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

City of Tampa posted:

my newest neighbors have two pitbulls and I see them walking them all the time and I can't wait to catch one off-leash because I'm gonna immediately shoot it

so either I'm the bad neighbor or they are

People will kill people for shooting their dogs and pitbull owners are even more likely than most I would imagine.

So I guess you would be the dead bad neighbor your neighbor talks about in prison.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hell is Other People

• Locked thread