Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Node posted:

I definitely like the way conversations and quests work. Giant exclamation points and magical pathways are stupid.

However, despite that, I can not tell Stanley in Soltown that Harry lit the fire. That is supposed to be the way you report the crime, but Stanley only sees the keyword FIRE and tells you his feelings about it, instead of responding to my accusation of the crime.

yeah, found that bug today and going to try to get it patched in a hotfix (implementing/fixing that sort of crap is actually what I do all day, well when not posting in political threads while waiting on Unity to load)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

DancingShade posted:

People flocked to the already mostly completed towns and cities. There are loads of plots free in the ones that haven't seen much development yet.

This isn't official but it's accurate as far as I can tell

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_hs82dzPHslknz8jv0euMY_xwyuMbv5CRGoXbqM0zxg/

First tab is NPC towns, second tab is PRTs. Only difference is that there's no plot/quest NPCs in PRTs.

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 11, 2016

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Lum_ posted:

yeah, found that bug today and going to try to get it patched in a hotfix (implementing/fixing that sort of crap is actually what I do all day, well when not posting in political threads while waiting on Unity to load)

Martin in Soltown is brokus btw.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Took a bit of advice from Karl Pilkington, better to live in the hole looking at the palace than live in the palace looking at the hole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4gruB3lH6g

Two properties down from the town square with the bank/all the shops in Estgard. Across from a city lot. Might look cool once it's revamped. Good place for a shop.

We have a new home (I flagged the basement for open PVP)

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 11, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I didn't even think of Estgard, do you think people will actually go there since it's on its own isle kind of like Xenos? I like Xenos but the starting location is weird and they could cut that map by 50% and it'd be fine, just less tedious to navigate.

I didn't think much of Xenos until it was updated and a lot of people ended up going there, so probably. Heck I almost chose Xenos myself (it was my second or third choice)

Estgard wasn't even on my land claim radar until the Dev+ post about the rework happened. After exploring and seeing how Spite and Xenos were transformed I decided to take a chance and claim a lot in there myself.

Lum_ posted:

This isn't official but it's accurate as far as I can tell

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_hs82dzPHslknz8jv0euMY_xwyuMbv5CRGoXbqM0zxg/

First tab is NPC towns, second tab is PRTs. Only difference is that there's no plot/quest NPCs in PRTs.

Very interesting. This really puts into perspective how the people who griped about the land rush process were basically just unhappy that they didn't get a spot on the main drag in a tiny handful of places.
There are so many places I'd have been happy with that are nowhere near capacity yet. Heck, my originally planned lot location (before Estgard) in Yew is still free and I keep stumbling across nice spots in various places.

It seems like the logic goes "Brittany Central is basically full, therefore the sky is falling and nowhere else is good enough for me despite the many alternatives available".

Edit - grammar is hard.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 12, 2016

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Took a bit of advice from Karl Pilkington, better to live in the hole looking at the palace than live in the palace looking at the hole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4gruB3lH6g

Two properties down from the town square with the bank/all the shops in Estgard. Across from a city lot. Might look cool once it's revamped. Good place for a shop.

We have a new home (I flagged the basement for open PVP)

Congrats!

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

30.5 Days posted:

Martin in Soltown is brokus btw.

Hes been brokus for the last 3 months. Gl.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Anyone have any suggestions on a village lot location before I plop mine down in Brittany Fields in a couple days? Fields is okay except a couple of the village lots are next to a lake which has two gigantic rear end player owned lighthouses that shine its light everywhere, which looks stupid. Especially since its really more of a pond than a lake.

Does the Portalarium Store sell Ye Olde Lord British Wrecking Balles? I want to buy two.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

Anyone have any suggestions on a village lot location before I plop mine down in Brittany Fields in a couple days? Fields is okay except a couple of the village lots are next to a lake which has two gigantic rear end player owned lighthouses that shine its light everywhere, which looks stupid. Especially since its really more of a pond than a lake.

Does the Portalarium Store sell Ye Olde Lord British Wrecking Balles? I want to buy two.

Come up to Estgard, there's two of us there apparently. There should be tons of village lots left. Even waterfront village lots. Honestly after doing a bit of exploring, I think Estgard is the best city that isn't Brittany. If you don't mind walking, you have access to a TON of mainland without going through the gates.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 12, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Come up to Estgard, there's two of us there apparently. There should be tons of village lots left. Even waterfront village lots.

Yep. Still plenty of prime lots in Estgard downtown. You can check out some preview shots of what it's going to look like in https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=61359

I'm way up on the hill adjacent to that castle you see in the other screenshot by Alexander DeLarge. You could argue I should move down into town but I kind of like the overlook
:shrug:

Texibus
May 18, 2008
What's the lowest pledge amount you had to pay to be able to place a house?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Node posted:

You don't want people sailing on the pond to forget that they are surrounded entirely by land.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Texibus posted:

What's the lowest pledge amount you had to pay to be able to place a house?

$275 gets you an ancestor pledge & a row lot. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=35139

In 11 days all remaining pledge tiers will expire forever and then anyone who wants land will need to buy a bundle that contains a player own town (POT) only tax free deed https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=60538
Same price of entry essentially but the bundles won't expire at this time. Important distinction is you can only place one of these POT deeds in a town actually owned by a player who paid significant real money for the privilege, so you'll need to make friends and find one you trust.

Or if you don't want to spend that much you can try and win the deed lottery in game (which will happen no earlier than Release 33 once the main land rush is over) for the opportunity to place a taxable deed somewhere later.

If you're keen on tax free land (or even the guarantee of land) I would strongly advise opening the wallet because cutoff forever is approaching until at least Episode 1 is complete (which is a fair way off) and we possibly see new lands in Episode 2. Maybe.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 12, 2016

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Can you upgrade a pledge? My buddy has the patron one. I think that's 220.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Yep. Still plenty of prime lots in Estgard downtown. You can check out some preview shots of what it's going to look like in https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=61359

I'm way up on the hill adjacent to that castle you see in the other screenshot by Alexander DeLarge. You could argue I should move down into town but I kind of like the overlook
:shrug:

Oh poo poo did you grab that village lot right at the spawn area? I was thinking of getting that one earlier today.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Oh poo poo did you grab that village lot right at the spawn area? I was thinking of getting that one earlier today.

No it's still there - the one next to the knight tower right?

From spawn run directly forwards for about 40 seconds, look for the village viking tower and that's me. Just the other side of the hilltop castle.

Lake views! :v:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Come up to Estgard, there's two of us there apparently. There should be tons of village lots left. Even waterfront village lots. Honestly after doing a bit of exploring, I think Estgard is the best city that isn't Brittany. If you don't mind walking, you have access to a TON of mainland without going through the gates.

By waterfront village lots do you mean village lots next to the water or the kind of lots that have houses on stilts? Because I like the former, not the latter.

And I'm not trying to poo poo on your opinion here or nothin', but I don't see what makes this place stand out compared to other places. I've been exploring it for 15 minutes now or so.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

By waterfront village lots do you mean village lots next to the water or the kind of lots that have houses on stilts? Because I like the former, not the latter.

And I'm not trying to poo poo on your opinion here or nothin', but I don't see what makes this place stand out compared to other places. I've been exploring it for 15 minutes now or so.

There are both, there are the houses with nice views of lakes and there are houses on stilts.

They're going to redesign it and it's going to become a major city. Now it's basically a player owned town but I really like it because it's really accessible.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

There are both, there are the houses with nice views of lakes and there are houses on stilts.

They're going to redesign it and it's going to become a major city. Now it's basically a player owned town but I really like it because it's really accessible.

I have found a couple spots in Estgard, one right next to the public crafting pavilion, and one viewing the water. It's tempting. Or I could be in the center of it all in Brittany Fields, hopefully away from those god drat lighthouses.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I keep staring at those Dev+ preview shots of the Port Graff makeover. Looks fantastic.

If it wasn't locked behind the Vauben Pass control point it would be a very desirable location but I did the "live behind a control point" thing in an earlier release and swore never again. Far too inconvenient.

Should you find yourself on that peninsula though take the time to visit the town of Spite. That was originally the same template Estgard currently is, only with a different spawn location.
While Estgard won't get the lots shifted around like Spite did you can expect a similar level of design quality. I particularly like the creepy ground fog in certain places.

I swear if you didn't know what Spite looked like originally you would never know it was once yet another cloned map.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
This makes me feel really good about my lot placement.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I probably won't log in much until the 22nd when I can claim my lot, so I just marched out to Estgard and put myself in a good spot to jump in and claim something near the crafting pavillion.

Character's name is Ailde Bogle, throw me on your friends' lists and I'll see you all in the next couple of weeks.

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:
So the only way to currently grab a house is with one of the $200 or higher pledges? You cant just grab the base package and then one of the stand alone $25 houses?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Lobus posted:

So the only way to currently grab a house is with one of the $200 or higher pledges? You cant just grab the base package and then one of the stand alone $25 houses?

The tax free deed is what you're paying for. The house is just a bonus. I wouldn't worry about it, the only benefit of having a house is additional storage (which you should already have a ton of)

Also: I updated OP with a new map of where we are. I still recommend Soltown as a starting area

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 12, 2016

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
TRIP REPORT: I went into The Epitath today. While it doesn't look fully fleshed out yet, like much of the game, it has a few fetch quests connecting it to the town of Desolis. When you climb down the stairs to the bottom, you're flanked by red-leveled slimes to each side, but they are slow and easily avoidable. Then I explored this prison place and collected three books, fighting a bunch of orange-leveled Underdweller elves (but they only gave me ~100 exp or so?) NPCs outside of town wanted these books. One of them was a sketchbook of his daughter's (what kind of shithead of a dad brings his daughter to the bottom of a dungeon surrounded by armed prisoners!?) I found a room that had a bigass troll in it that I couldn't pass. Near him was a vaulted room with a pool in the middle of it and a Satyr that kept telling me I will never find the Lens. He was right, I never found one.

Still, those three quests netted me 2500 xp each so it was nice.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Node, this is your intervention. Stop buying into terrible MMOs by game designers who have no idea what they are doing.

You should have learned with Pantheon.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

Node, this is your intervention. Stop buying into terrible MMOs by game designers who have no idea what they are doing.

Shouldn't you have lines you should be defending?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

TheAgent posted:

I can only get in character about Pantheon in Pantheon threads.

I had already pledged way too much on this game before the original Pantheon disaster anyway, so I may as well get my money's worth.

However, I thank you for your concern and your looking out for my well being.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

TheAgent posted:

Honest opinions were for the last thread, this is the good vibes for as long as we can muster them thread. Also Lum is posting again, so even if I can't get into this game I stay we keep the good false hope vibes going for weeks longer

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
If Estgard is half as good as Port Graff, I'll be very happy
https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=61714

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

If Estgard is half as good as Port Graff, I'll be very happy
https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=61714

Agreed. Port Graff is shaping up very nicely.

The world builders are doing a great job.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I just strolled past Goonhouse. eRP stands for Erotic Roleplaying, right? When can I sign up?

Seriously though, when UO2 was being hyped, people were having many serious conversations on whether avatars could have sex with each other. (It's realistic!) Lum probably remembers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather bundle people into an iron maiden or attach them to a rack but personal preference of course.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Node posted:

I can only get in character about Pantheon in Pantheon threads.

I had already pledged way too much on this game before the original Pantheon disaster anyway, so I may as well get my money's worth.

However, I thank you for your concern and your looking out for my well being.
I'm rooting for ya buddy.

Hope you guys enjoy the game!

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I didn't think this game would come out and I knew people who were working on it, haha

Time to install I gess

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Followed some advice given to me and relocated from that hill into downtown Estgard, before the rest of the citizens start placing houses.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can you guys stop talking about housing please. It's making me want to up my pledge to get a row.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I've still not logged in since the wipe. My lot selection comes up in a week. Where are goons placing their houses?

Edit: I read the thread.. looks like Estguard is the place. Hopefully I can get a row lot there!

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 13, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

yoloer420 posted:

I've still not logged in since the wipe. My lot selection comes up in a week. Where are goons placing their houses?

Edit: I read the thread.. looks like Estguard is the place. Hopefully I can get a row lot there!

You definitely can. There are two clumps of row houses in Estgard - the good downtown ones near the hub and the outlying ones up on the hill where nobody ever goes.
(the same hill I used to live on before I moved to be with the Cool Kids downtown)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
How is group pvp in this game? Any sort of guild war mechanic? I've been looking for a good sandbox mmo for a while now. Is there ample opportunity to gently caress with pubbies? Also, can we rename the town to Goongard?