Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Stanley Kubrick film?
Fear and Desire
Killer's Kiss
The Killing
Paths of Glory
Spartacus
Lolita
Dr. Strangelove; or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Apollo 11 Moon Landing Footage
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
Barry Lyndon
The Shining
Full Metal Jacket
Eyes Wide Shut
View Results

• Locked thread
girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Glad to see all the love for Barry Lyndon. I always thought it was great, but all my friends hated it. Thank you thread for confirming that they're a bunch of know nothings with poo poo taste in movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Code Jockey posted:

I was thinking something similar when they showed the guys near the end creeping through the building, like it made me wonder what effect realistic military fps games have had on the psyche of young people who go into the military now, vs poor kids getting drafted back in the vietnam days

I'm willing to bet not much. I'm pretty sure a lot of combat training these days still revolves around getting people to kill without hesitating. If anythings it's probably more extensive than it was during Vietnam.

Simply video games aren't real life. Doesn't matter how good or realistic the graphics are, there's still a disconnect. It can be turned off or reloaded or whatever.

I've never been in the military, but I've played a lot of video games in my life, had a nasty and violent upbringing, and been caught up in violent situations. Even when I was completely 100% in the right and defending myself it's still a horrifying thing to have to seriously hurt another person.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I watched A Clockwork Orange for the first time in like a decade last night. Still a great movie, and I probably appreciated it more now then I did back then. I could go on a for awhile about it, but the big thing that I never noticed before was that the first half of the movie up until Alex gets arrested is a ballet. Blew my mind a little bit.

• Locked thread