Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
English broadcasts are being streamed by CONCACAF on Facebook Live of all places. The commentary is...less hilariously bad than Ramses Sandoval, that's about all I can say for it.

Vancouver's B-team is up 1-0 on Central in Trinidad at halftime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

TheTrend posted:

What's the req for domestic (see: Mls) teams to qualify?

American teams get four spots, that go to:

The US Open Cup winner (Sporting KC)
The top regular season team in each conference (New York Red Bulls, FC Dallas)
The MLS Cup winner (Portland)

Canadian teams can only qualify through winning the Canadian Championship, so if a Canadian MLS team wins MLS Cup or tops either of the conference tables (or if someone pulls off a double or treble in the US), then any leftover berths will go to the highest American team(s) in the MLS Supporters' Shield standings that didn't already qualify some other way.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 4, 2016

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Concacaf doesnt air mls teams games for some reason, this is the best youtube stream.

Huh. They aired Vancouver's game live so maybe this is just you guys.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

camoseven posted:

Dallas is fuckin up

I, for one, would be happy to draw Obscure Guatemalan Team in the QFs instead of the reigning Supporters' Shield champions (or, God forbid, UNAM.)

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

I think Pumas can get through with a draw - they have the tiebreaker over Progreso - but if they have to go through I want them to win (since a win means they get the 5 seed and whoever wins your group will most likely get the 8 seed (the goal-difference tiebreakers against Saprissa/NYRB do not favour either of you even if this game has a winner).

Luckily for me Pumas are going to win.

Seltzer posted:

Are these games still officially streaming free online

On Facebook Live I think?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Dallan Invictus posted:

(the goal-difference tiebreakers against Saprissa/NYRB do not favour either of you even if this game has a winner).

Shows what I know. How did the reverse game end 0-0 anyway?

quote:

Luckily for me Pumas are going to win.

At least this one is still working out.

Simone Poodoin posted:

if Saprissa couldnt beat the awful awful timbers last night, then they should be the easiest draw for anyone

excuse me I think you'll find my bad team is the easiest draw (and somehow the top seed because the rest of our group was somehow EVEN WORSE and let us run up a perfect group record)

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 21, 2016

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

We...have a striker?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Canadian Wonderteen is starting tonight but I'm pretty sure Leicester got all of today's quota for Improbable Champions League Results so I'm just hoping we come out of tonight still in the tie.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Well, on this scoreline we're still done (three goals at home against Tigres is beyond even my wildest dreams) but barring a PSG-esque stoppage time collapse this is still a better result than I expected! :smith:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

camoseven posted:

I believe that Vancouver will win 2-0 at home and then win on penalties

lol Vancouver couldn't score or put more than one shot on target at home against the loving Philadelphia Union

Serioustalk though, if Dallas can get past Pachuca they stand a legit chance against Tigres on what I saw tonight.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Jack2142 posted:

I am pretty sure Vancouver could have taken time out, but they don't care.

I don't think it's "not caring", exactly, considering that Robinson was resting Montero and some other starters on Saturday for tomorrow. They might well be better off for having played Saturday's game and getting through it in slightly better form than they'd been in (and they will absolutely be better off for Hurtado having been injured in that game so he won't see the field tomorrow.)

they'll still lose

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

What was that, two goals Pachuca scored from crosses sailing untouched into the net?

I don't mock, tonight's our turn and we aren't nearly as good as Dallas.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

First blood to the....Whitecaps?

oh god these fuckers are gonna make me hope aren't they

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

TSN are going to replay that all evening and welp, can't complain.

Least it doesn't look like they're giving up but we're not going to see three more goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Well, at least there probably isn't time for this to get embarrassing.

• Locked thread