Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Dallas is fuckin up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Dallan Invictus posted:

I, for one, would be happy to draw Obscure Guatemalan Team in the QFs instead of the reigning Supporters' Shield champions (or, God forbid, UNAM.)

I have some bad news for you: Dallas isn't fuckin up anymore. On the other hand, UNAM still have to win tonight to make it through to the next round (they will definitely win tonight, though).

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
UNAM massacred W Connection after I went to bed, and now the quarterfinal matchups are set:

I think that if Vancouver and Dallas win it would guarantee and MLS team in the finals, since they would play each other in the semis due to seeding. Ok this is not correct for some reason. The winner of Vancouver/NYRB will play the winner of UNAM/Tigres, and the winner of Dallas/Arabe Unido plays the winner of Pachuca/Saprissa.

camoseven fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 21, 2016

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I will never give up the dream of an MLS team winning this stupid league.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

CaptainYesterday posted:

MLS teams have only won the CCL twice, and that was before it was a league format. Before the 2008-09 season, it was an eight-team knockout tournament, and even then one of the MLS teams that won never played a game against a Mexican team. Apart from the '98 Black-and-Red, there have been no good American teams ever.

No MLS team has ever won the CCL, because before 08 it was called the Champion's Cup! And as you rightly point out, the Champion's Cup was not a league, but a tournament.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Wow, that actually all seems really cool and good, except for the February - May schedule since MLS teams will still be in preseason mode for part of it. Even March - June would have been way better. But overall it's a huge improvement, I think.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Facebook Live is incredibly lovely

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Just turned this on and Vancouver has already scored lol

e: and Veron is off injured already. Not a great first 10 minutes for NYRB!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I'm ready for an all MLS final. Don't let me down, Dallas and Vancouver!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
The Whitecaps will win this League and Alphonso Davies will scored a hat trick in every game.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I believe that Vancouver will win 2-0 at home and then win on penalties

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I really gotta learn Spanish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
He scored with his hand lol. This is pretty much over now, sorry Dallas you tried

• Locked thread