Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who owns the first meltdown?
Oberst
flickmaker
Santheb
Oberst
Dubs
someone unexpected
View Results

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Hype for the league this year is building, so let's get the thread going for another year of this poo poo. Let's see what EA did to our beloved league this year in terms of progression and unexpected hilarity!

Welcome to SASFL - land of drunk, high, and who knows what other manner of goons who have been playing internet football together for a number of years now. Where Tebow, Jimmy Garapollo, and Ray Rice have carried teams to Super Bowl wins. Where Trae Waynes got 69 sacks in a season, and Gronk caught 60 TDs in a season. Many controllers have died here, and many meltdowns have been had; will yours be next!!?

Game comes out on August 23rd, and the league will begin August 28th. Getting the thread up now because you fuckers keep asking for it, and to start coordinating teams, etc. The ratings are out now if you want to preview the teams at https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/player-ratings/?i=1&s=ovr_rating:DESC

:clint:The Rules:clint:
* We will be playing on All Pro Difficulty. We will use default sliders at the onset, and I reserve the right to make slight modifications depending on ~*EA MAGIC*~ For many players, these sliders won't really matter but it's a pretty big boon to newer players to reduce the CPU game frustration. These have no effect on user games as i only will make modifications to CPU sliders. User sliders will remain default.
* Quarters will be 6 minutes with no run down.
* You must be a coach or an owner.
* Cheesing isn't tolerated here. We can discuss it on a case by case basis, but lets not let it come to that. Let's be good sports in here. Includes, but not limited to (going for it on 4th downs deep in your own field, nano blitzes, or abusing no huddle. If you have to think that a play you're using may be cheap or laughed at in the real NFL, you should probably not run it.) We play this game together to not deal with pubbie assholes, so none of that here.
* Running up the score aggressively on users is not allowed. Be a good sport!
* Changing teams is allowed, but only in the offseason. Once the season begins you are stuck with your team until the next preseason. No jumping teams mid-season.
* Pubbies can only join this league if an existing member will vouch for them and risk their place in the league. While we have had some pretty good pubbies in the league, we've had a few utter shitheads and we'd rather just keep them out.
* No trading aging/declining veterans for high draft picks from the CPU.
* Practice Squad Ettiquette! - We have no loving idea how this works yet, but I'm probably going to have to take the approach that if you stash someone on your Practice Squad, they're fair game to get poached by another user. Stash a developmental player at your own risk, I'm not getting involved!

Commissioner - Dubious
Co-comissioners - Oberst, davecrazy

CPU Games
Get them in, get the W. I don't care if you need to restart to get the W. If you can't/don't want to play the CPU, a win can be assigned by Dubious before the league advances.

Trades
Trading with the CPU will be enabled to start but that does not mean it's open season to go poach all of the 1st rounders. If this does happen, I'm disabling it.

Team Priority
Any returning activegoons from last year's league get their first dibs on keeping their old team, or taking a new one. I will post the team list as it was at the end of our last season.

If there are disputes, please work these out amongst each other. I am not making any decision as to who will win a dispute on a team.

If you are not returning to a team, please post. With 32 teams, everyone should get a team that can play to their preference, and it's never guaranteed everyone will play beyond a season so some teams can and do open back up.

Schedule
I aim to advance us on a 3 schedule, no questions asked. If all games are in before that advance period we may advance, but to start off we'll go with every 3 days. Please let Dubious know after 24 hours if you can't get a hold of your opponent and we will work from there. If everyone is done before hand, we will advance early. If you are the last person we are waiting on then you have 24 hours. So if everyone is done in 12 hours except for 1 person then that person has 1 day after that to finish up their week or the league will advance. If you are playing the CPU then we expect your game to be done within 48 hours unless you mention it here. :siren: I am holding hard and fast to this schedule this year; I went very lax on it last season and the league lost a lot of momentum from the glacial pace.:siren:

New for this year, we have a Discord channel now! Go shitpost to your heart's desire in between games, during, or whatever. :justpost:

LINK - https://discord.gg/SZT5mHs Channel #vidcons

:siren: League info :siren:

League - SASFL
PW - Meltdownsrus

Dubious fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
NFC East
Dallas Cowboys - Havoc904
PSN: Havoc904
Alt contact: PM

Philadelphia Eagles -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Giants - davecrazy
PSN: dpcv8
Alt Contact:

Washington REDACTEDS
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Atlanta Falcons - Nagger
PSN: xbox_user
Alt contact:

Carolina Panthers - afterfather
PSN: afterfather
Alt contact:

New Orleans Saints - Macaroni Surprise
PSN: anactualbabyy
Alt contact:

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

St Louis Rams - jabro
PSN: BadLeRo
Alt contact:

Arizona Cardinals - Short Thug
PSN: Shortthug
Alt contact:

Seattle Seahawks - hopterque
PSN: hopterque
Alt Contact:

NFC North
Green Bay Packers - Calvin Johnson Jr.
PSN: rufioj
Alt contact:

Minnesota Vikings - Dubious
PSN: dubious
Alt contact: 218-791-2972, text only

Detroit Lions - Hizawk
PSN: Hizawkie
Alt contact:

Chicago Bears - da_goob
PSN: Da Goob
Alt contact:

AFC East
New England Patriots - flickmaker
PSN: flickmaker
Alt contact:

Miami Dolphins - AAA Dolfan
PSN:
Alt contact:

Buffalo Bills - Waah
PSN: pdubb2k
Alt contact:

New York Jets -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts - Papes
PSN: idk
Alt contact:

Jacksonville Jaguars - Bonham
PSN: davidbonham
Alt contact:

Tennessee Titans - Chocolate
PSN: TragedyOfCommons
Alt contact:

Houston Texans - Dralun
PSN: Jaytaggart
Alt contact:

AFC West
Oakland Raiders - Paperback Writer
PSN: Paperback75
Alt contact:

Denver Broncos - CZDoofus
PSN:
Alt contact:

San Diego Chargers - Yuzenn
PSN:
Alt contact:

Kansas City Chiefs - human being Guy
PSN: thenardpuppy
Alt contact:

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers - Brown Thunder
PSN:
Alt contact:

Baltimore Ravens - Oberst
PSN: McShurto
Alt contact:

Cleveland Browns -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cincinnati Bengals - Mucilaginous
PSN: bkerlee
Alt contact:

Dubious fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 28, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Lol just lol if you don't write a long form post about every win or loss

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Brown thunder is a huge cuck and I look forward to my seething rage towards him. gently caress the Bengals

Oberst fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 26, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
loving hyped.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

PSN is BrownThunder85. Looking forward to executing the Bengals the way they did my nigga Harambe.

Again pimping the Discord as an alternate meetup for games : https://discord.gg/SZT5mHs Channel #vidcons

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

BrownThunder posted:

PSN is BrownThunder85. Looking forward to executing the Bengals the way they did my nigga Harambe.

Again pimping the Discord as an alternate meetup for games : https://discord.gg/SZT5mHs Channel #vidcons

Hell yeah.

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
I am getting this game and would like to join your league if you will have me. I will take the Green Bay Packers and my PSN ID is dcraighton

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
The Cowboys have my body, but Marcel Reece has my heart.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Good info on changes to CFM for this year from one of the CFM developers.

https://youtu.be/jrUwvbFPYQg

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

You already know

Havoc904 posted:

The Cowboys have my body, but Marcel Reece has my heart.
lol. Sucked he took a hit in Speed last year, and probably another one this year.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Why is my name not in the poll?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

davecrazy posted:

Why is my name not in the poll?

Because oberst needed to be there twice

Oberst
May 24, 2010

It should have just been me 5 times with an 'other' option

I'll have a meltdown 2 weeks in

Oberst
May 24, 2010

First opportunity I see for a real meltdown is vs Steelers or @ Patriots, already got @ Giants and @ Cowboys penciled in as L's (i always lose OOC away game). If I lose @ Raiders it's just comeuppance for beating paperback in Bizarro superbowl 50 😎

If the Jags beat me I will freak the gently caress out (Jags player is going to be a secret badass)

Somewhere between 10-6 to 13-3 here I come

Oberst fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 9, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Just saw Giants @ Cowboys is week 1...omg... *starts sweating profusely*

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I get the packers in week 2, :salt: alert

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Did I imagine someone joined as the pack? I thought i saw someone say it at some point

A a Ron's revenge

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
I joined as the Packers

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

We only have a dozen people? Had like 20 to start the year last year.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

We only have a dozen people? Had like 20 to start the year last year.

meh, game isnt even out for two weeks yet. We got time.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubious posted:

meh, game isnt even out for two weeks yet. We got time.

Every day I go to work thinking: One more day closer to Madden.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Well I preordered this dumb game so I guess I'll pick the Cards again since Goob is the Bears.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I'm spasming with a lust for rivalry

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Bad enough you destroyed everybody with Forte, now you're going to get Fitz AND D. Johnson?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Bad enough you destroyed everybody with Forte, now you're going to get Fitz AND D. Johnson?

spoilers, he had that last year

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
Well I guess I am out before we start boys. My PS4 decided it does not want to turn on anymore so I guess I am going to be getting this for the Bone

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Dubious posted:

spoilers, he had that last year

Spoilers, flick obliterated him in the SB

Krazee Eyez Killa posted:

Well I guess I am out before we start boys. My PS4 decided it does not want to turn on anymore so I guess I am going to be getting this for the Bone

The curse of green bay continues

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Flick has not posted and it is making me anxious

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Woah I just thought to check the thread. Hahaha. I'll be here.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I'd join the league, but I'm out the first four weeks of September. I guess thats not Kosher?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

That is fine. No one cares, so just join when you can

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
green bay packers

rufioj

there is no god

only suffering

Edit: i will also accept the cardinals or, if necessary, the titans if one of you has a huge hard on for those teams

edit2: gently caress what teams are even available anymore

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 15, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Pack is open. Dubious is negligent

E: What was I thinking? Completely missed my first opportunity this year for COMMISH IS CORRUPT ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL

Oberst fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 15, 2016

Dralun
May 22, 2012
I'd like to get beat down as the Los Angeles Rams. If some other goon has dibs on the Rams, I'll take a team that only has one other player in the division.

PSN: Jaytaggart

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Oberst posted:

Pack is open. Dubious is negligent

E: What was I thinking? Completely missed my first opportunity this year for COMMISH IS CORRUPT ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL

shut the gently caress up dad

E: we're up to 14 people.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

You know you missed the asleep at the wheel meme

Anyone heard from FG? Better call his bail bondsman....

Do bondsman even exist in Canada?

Someone tell Jabro to stop playing no man's cuck JETS JETS JETS JETS

Oberst fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 15, 2016

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Somebody join the AFCS all these teams are Madden good

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bonham posted:

Somebody join the AFCS all these teams are Madden good

I'd take the colts but Oberst would sperg about rivalries and league sanctity :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

You literally spent 4 years waiting for a viable Vikes team *spasms with uncontrollable autism*

• Locked thread