Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who owns the first meltdown?
Oberst
flickmaker
Santheb
Oberst
Dubs
someone unexpected
View Results

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Yeah I thought I was picking my special team play. Never saw the penalty box come up. *maddened*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Don't try and stash rookie QBs with interesting upside stats on your practice squad guys.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

davecrazy posted:

Don't try and stash rookie QBs with interesting upside stats on your practice squad guys.

To expound on this, dont hide any decent player with upside on your practice squad. Low overall does not mean they're bad players.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

AfterFather posted:

To expound on this, dont hide any decent player with upside on your practice squad. Low overall does not mean they're bad players.

I practice squad sniped a desperately needed lineman who had high 70's in both blocking stats. Finding one guy whos like 81-71 is easy. Guys with mid 80s in both are superstars. 78/77 is full on serviceable starter. His impact block is meh, and his awareness is poo poo, but I'll take that for an almost 10 point upgrade in RBK and PBK. Oh, and he's like 22 and easily develop-able vs the 28 year old vet who will never get better.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

How much XP are our practice squad dudes getting a season anyways?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
A reasonable amount at least. I got a guy on the ps who has 1200

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Bonham posted:

who is rufio when u wanna play

just read this. i have to work tonight but can play saturday.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Oberst posted:

Hizawkie @ papes38

I'm free tonight and most of the weekend.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

just read this. i have to work tonight but can play saturday.

@ me on discord when you're ready

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Cowboys are looking for a QB if anyone has an offer!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

I have one Johnny Football, noted Texas native

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
I'll listen to offers for McCarron.

Edit: Bills, what do you want for Cardale?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Havoc904 posted:

I have Derek Anderson, the last guy to lead the Browns to 10 wins.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I have a Conor Cook

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I have a backup qb but I couldn't tell you their name. I tried a qb sneak with him once and he fumbled the ball instantly.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Every time I sign DJ foster to my team he immediately gets moved back to free agency, what gives?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Brees dead rip

Still like 6 user games left

Oberst fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 3, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Papes posted:

Every time I sign DJ foster to my team he immediately gets moved back to free agency, what gives?

Transaction screen says you're releasing him

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Raiders beat Saints in the Bayou

It was a big day for the Tay Train L. Murray, especially with the backbreaking 80 yard Toss play that was just supposed to take the clock to halftime. My defense broke Brees in the first half sorry about that. GG Macaroni

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Oberst posted:

Transaction screen says you're releasing him

It says that but am not releasing anyone. After i sign him to active roster I go to depth chart and he's gone.

E: just happened again. It has something to do with doing a free practice. Every time I enter practice it cuts him.

Papes fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 3, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Your roster is over 53 then lol

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
flick i should be able to play after 9:30 cst

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Oberst posted:

Your roster is over 53 then lol

Thanks, that was it.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Waahhhhhh

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

ShortThug posted:

flick i should be able to play after 9:30 cst

I'll be on in the next 15-20.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Alright this will probably go terribly for me. Just like the beginning of last season, I haven't played a single full game yet.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Stream the loving game

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

I haven't had a chance to play much either. (My dog died the day after it came out. Shits been rough.)

Good luck!

edit: loving Madden update 1.03. Gonna be another 15 minutes.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
GG. I chose a random playbook since the one I used last year is gone (lol Marc Trestman) so I spent a lot of time picking my plays.

Old man Fitz out for 9 weeks.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Goob, If I can figure out my dad's internet set up, I'll be available to play after 10 pm PST or, if that's too late, between 6 and 8 am this weekend and Monday.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
How many seasons typically get done in goon leagues?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

4/5 in SASFL
2/3 in Bizarro
1/2 in Draft Fantasy

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Hizawk, are you free this weekend to play?

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

Dralun posted:

Goob, If I can figure out my dad's internet set up, I'll be available to play after 10 pm PST or, if that's too late, between 6 and 8 am this weekend and Monday.

Tomorrow morning could possibly work. If not, definitely Monday.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

ShortThug posted:

GG. I chose a random playbook since the one I used last year is gone (lol Marc Trestman) so I spent a lot of time picking my plays.

Old man Fitz out for 9 weeks.

Marc Trestman is offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens so you may want to look at that playbook.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Good point. The Bears playbook in madden 16 was still the same as the year before because it was Fox's first year.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
I don't think the Bengals' playbook has changed since PS3.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Mucilaginous posted:

I don't think the Bengals' playbook has changed since PS3.

Giants is basically the same since when Tiki Barber was still on the team. That full house set will never die even though the Giants IRL have never run it.

Option routes are in the game, and the Gilbride offense was like 80% option routes, but the Giants never had option routes in their plays every. The Giants playbook is basically the Jim Fassel playbook from Madden 2003.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

da_goob posted:

Tomorrow morning could possibly work. If not, definitely Monday.
I'll be up and looking for you for a couple of at 6 am PST tomorrow and Monday then. Got the wifi working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
I know one of you wants to make an offer for McCarron.

• Locked thread