Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

trip9 posted:

I honestly find the pull-quotes that Rotten Tomatoes use to be extremely helpful. Combined with the score I can normally make a pretty accurate guess at whether or not I'd enjoy something. For example with The Neon Demon, which has a 51% on RT, you take a look at the quotes from the negative reviews and they're all stuff like "Pretentious and self-indulgent, it seems tailor-made to appeal to lovers of the obtuse and inscrutable until it takes a left-turn into schlocky, gore-drenched splatter imagery" and I know that I'm most likely going to fall into the "love it" side of "hate it or love it".

Yea I agree with this, the usefulness of Rotten Tomatoes is more in the convenience of being able to see a whole bunch of specific comments about a movie without having to go to a bunch of different review sites. Scores are meaningless, but if a reviewer says certain magic words, I know I'm likely to enjoy the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread