Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Hello and welcome to The Championship, the graveyard of successful foreign businessmen. I figured there's probably not enough interest for separate League 1/2/Johnstone's Paint Trophy threads so if you're a fan of one of those clubs you may as well make your 3 posts a season ITT.

I won't bore you with funny and wacky descriptions of the clubs because chances are if you are reading this thread you already know them because you've been stuck in this godforsaken best league in the world for what seems like decades and are frankly sick of playing an Ipswich or a Derby all the time.

This year we have been joined by Newcastle, Norwich, and Aston Villa from the Premier League, and Barnsley, Wigan and Plucky Little Burton Albion from League 1.

The season kicks off Friday 5th August at 19:45 with Fulham vs Newcastle and then the rest of us playing the day after at 3pm as God intended apart from some other teams which play on Sunday.

Blue Star Error fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
apparently sky are going to put championship matches up against BT's premier league matches in the hopes they'll steal viewers

Villa are signing mccormack at a top time imo

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I think we're going to see a very stratified Championship this year. Seems like Newcastle/Norwich/Villa/Wednesday/Derby/Brighton are much better than everyone else and nailed on for top 6. Maybe Wolves if their strategy of throwing all the money at Mendes clients works but I'm willing to bet it won't.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
blackburn will win the league with danny graham scoring all the goals

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

nice season boys, brutal for wednesday to go down to league 1 but it happens

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I never liked the premier league any tbqh

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
i hope we finish top half, big jaap has made a lot of decent looking moves but we've lost some good players and also we're a bit poo poo

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

kcer posted:

I never liked the premier league any tbqh

welcome to the we all hate leeds thread

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Leeds midday on Sunday. Looking forward to Big Jimmy leading us to 12th place again this year and spending millions of pounds to do it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

7000 away supporters at the match tonight :eyepoop:

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Blue Star Error posted:

I figured there's probably not enough interest for separate League 1/2/Johnstone's Paint Trophy threads so if you're a fan of one of those clubs you may as well make your 3 posts a season ITT.

It's the #EFLTrophy thank you very much.

Besides, it's relevant as there's some Championship acadamies in there. Have a read if you're not clued up on it, and try to figure out why the hell they've done it and how Cambridge is considered Northern.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

HJB posted:

It's the #EFLTrophy thank you very much.

Besides, it's relevant as there's some Championship acadamies in there. Have a read if you're not clued up on it, and try to figure out why the hell they've done it and how Cambridge is considered Northern.

Reading's academy got a pity place in that because another team pulled out I think

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

newcastle didn't want to be part of it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i know he played on the wing in preseason but wasn't expecting anita there in the league

https://twitter.com/BroadcastMoose/status/761619422343757824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Always thought he was named Vernon what a time we live in

Will be watching and hoping for the Fulhams to take it so maybe Rafa does a funny thing in the technical area

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Why does the person who wrote that hate putting spaces in between words?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

anita got pardewed more than anyone imo and was i think the first player to publicly say he wanted to help us get promoted

Shrapnig posted:

Why does the person who wrote that hate putting spaces in between words?

ocd about making sure they all line up with the keeper's name

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I've got a few bets on tonight and after my shocking Euros performance I could really do with Newcastle battering Fulham.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you oval office now we'll lose. never bet on newcastle ffs

edit: whats the place for streams these days i've only got bt

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Colback, Janmaat, and Gayle shouldn't be playing in the Championship.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Jose posted:

you oval office now we'll lose. never bet on newcastle ffs

edit: whats the place for streams these days i've only got bt

https://reddit.com/r/soccerstreams has a few decent ones

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i love the big mental serb but i'm looking forward to gayle getting lots of playing time since palace barely used him

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

i love the big mental serb but i'm looking forward to gayle getting lots of playing time since palace barely used him

I'm a big big Dwight Gayle fan for some reason.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Yessss proper football at last

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he does the plane goal scoring celebration

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Backwards kickoffs will never not be weird

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Newcastle kits are shocking but hey, English foot is back!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Haven't been this excited for a season in awhile, will be nice to win some games.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Backwards kickoffs will never not be weird

It's the best rule change in years.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I love watching matches played at Craven Cottage, or any old ground. The camera angle is so lairy.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Shrapnig posted:

I love watching matches played at Craven Cottage, or any old ground. The camera angle is so lairy.

My favourite thing about it is the tunnel is basically just coming in through the car park

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm really surprised no team was in for janmaat since i doubt he'd have cost much

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

i'm really surprised no team was in for janmaat since i doubt he'd have cost much

If Windchime went for £25m he could have been at least £15.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Newcastle looking quite respectful here, not exactly firing on all cylinders.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I forgot to put the "m" in but I'm not about to edit a post.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Those ref kits are shocking

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i like dummett since he's local but he's really not a very good full back

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Poop free kick, poop

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Colback's hair matches perfectly with that horrendous kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

newcastle being a bit poo poo here

• Locked thread