Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Congratulations to family club of the year Millwall. Nice to see Big Steve Morison make the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I'm going to support Millwall now they are clearly a team of winners and sound like a real 'conmunity' club

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Breath Ray posted:

I'm going to support Millwall now they are clearly a team of winners and sound like a real 'conmunity' club

If you are being ironic I will crush you

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

flowbee abortion posted:

aye, wonder what the interest rate on that poo poo is now. think she was 5% last I checked.

add mcfucktard playing volleyball with midgets and it's going to be an exciting race to stay out of relegation for us. gently caress

This summer is going to be a huge decider for the clubs future. The funny thing is - if ME goes the insolvency route all the debt is owed to him so he's just taking a massive write off; plus the points deduction would make the sale value even less than it would be now. I don't know exactly what ME's financial situation is like due to him being notoriously secretive, but the club is being run with a vicious cost-cutting approach; throw in alleged ticket touting and if it's any indicator then things are not good.

Ideally it seems he needs to sell, but who's going to buy? Why would you take over a club with huge debts owed to one man who needs that money? He will only demand payment and make the club's future a misery. Plus, knowing that the situation is so bad why buy now? The price will only get lower.

The only way out of this ME has that gets him full payment, is if he has enough money to keep the club Championship competitive enough, long enough, to chip away some debt and luck in to some better fortunes (i.e. couple amazing academy players to cash in / take us up the table). Except if he had the ability to do that the squad wouldn't be in the state it is now, with the entire stadium running on minimum possible staff and supplies.

ME has to make a compromise somewhere. If he keeps on this course the club goes down, stays down and he loses a tonne of money. If he goes insolvent he also loses a tonne of money, but at least it's (in theory) a known quantity and the situation is clarified. This could actually be attractive to ME if he's looking to secure financing for his other business interests. The Ipswich debt would rated in the lowest possible way and could be a huge drag on other areas of his 'empire'.

The best possible scenario is a sale on the condition he restructures the debt for the new owners. After our miracle against Newcastle he has a summers opportunity to do just that. After next season when we probably get relegated it'll be a lot harder and then insolvency becomes a real possibility. Without an unlikely sale this summer the bottom could well and truly fall out for us.

In other news has Ruddy been signed anywhere yet? I fully expect our goalie to be sold for too much money to a Premiership club. Replacing him with a free is exactly what we will do and Ruddy would not be a bad option in that situation.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Horse Inspector posted:

In other news has Ruddy been signed anywhere yet? I fully expect our goalie to be sold for too much money to a Premiership club. Replacing him with a free is exactly what we will do and Ruddy would not be a bad option in that situation.

He hasn't, but I imagine he'll end up at a club that can pay more than Ipswich. We released him because we couldn't afford a decent but not spectacular keeper on Prem wages.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
Ah. I didn't realise that was the reason, I stand corrected.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Good job Troon Bruv and Chin Boy.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Alan Pardew is the top vote for Chronicle readers on who they want as the next Sunderland manager.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
Norwich get Farke-d. Can't say I know anything about him but I like the idea of the hire from a Norwich perspective, a lot more forward thinking than Mick :( .

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It would appear that Garry Monk hates Leeds as much as everyone else.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/25/leeds-united-manager-garry-monk-resigns

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He's joining Boro.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://mobile.twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/868106613441384449

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

sassassin posted:

He's joining Boro.

it's gona be insanely good and fully sick

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
We were so bad second half.

All going Nailsworth clap your hands

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

mfcrocker posted:

We were so bad second half.

All going Nailsworth clap your hands

I'll buy you a vegan pie.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

sebzilla posted:

I'll buy you a vegan pie.

Deal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
huddersfield winning today would be good

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jose posted:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Lets go you royals

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Remember when Bobby Convey managed to con his way into playing in the Premier League? Reading fans remember.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Jose posted:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hope this goes to really jammy penalties after a 5-5 thriller imo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Well that's how you do a moment of silence, loving hell.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

God drat the atmosphere is electric

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How did he not score there

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

God drat the atmosphere is electric

Most lucrative match in world football, and Huddersfield just missed a sitter.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

That's an awful miss

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

How on earth did he miss that

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Chelsea DNA at Wembley,

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

How do you miss

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
oof,

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol.at the preseason trip the commentators were talking about

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Good game this.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dipped a little bit in the last few

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That was a shocking free kick.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Swift is not Ronaldo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Swift is not Ronaldo

Ronaldo would have at least hit the wall.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Was a good game until Reading sucked the life out of it.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Second half's been a bit poo poo but this game has flown by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

BeIN has both the English and Spanish commentary running in unison

• Locked thread