Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Always rated Wednesday, hope they come up to the PL again soon

Rated the name that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Insurrectionist posted:

Always rated Wednesday, hope they come up to the PL again soon

Rated the name that is
they're going to score over 9000 goals against the poo poo teams in the division, tons of quick and technical players

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Whoops!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

:(

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

that's on hutton, completely turned off

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
We all love Wednesday here, in the Wednesday thread

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Sounds unlucky, just gotta shrug it off

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
fortress hillsborough repels another gang of knuckle draggers. villa will be lucky to finish top half on that display

MSwen23
Jan 20, 2012

Breath Ray posted:

fortress hillsborough repels another gang of knuckle draggers. villa will be lucky to finish top half on that display

This has to be trolling right? If Westwood could hit the target, or if Ross decided not to take an extra touch to try and chip the keeper, or if either Baker/Elphick could head on net, or if bacuna could head on net, Villa would have taken the points yesterday.

All I heard the sky commentators saying yesterday was how great Wednesday are at home. If that's a promotion favorite and a dominant team at home I have no problem believing that Villa, even with dogshit Hutton/cissokho at fullback and Ayew out of position on the wing giving no defensive support, and the worst cm I've ever watched in Westwood, will go straight back up to the Prem

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

MSwen23 posted:

This has to be trolling right? If Westwood could hit the target, or if Ross decided not to take an extra touch to try and chip the keeper, or if either Baker/Elphick could head on net, or if bacuna could head on net, Villa would have taken the points yesterday.

All I heard the sky commentators saying yesterday was how great Wednesday are at home. If that's a promotion favorite and a dominant team at home I have no problem believing that Villa, even with dogshit Hutton/cissokho at fullback and Ayew out of position on the wing giving no defensive support, and the worst cm I've ever watched in Westwood, will go straight back up to the Prem

Usually the problems don't come againist the top teams as a top team, it's poo poo like Wigan or Leeds.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

MSwen23 posted:

agreed, if half the team was better then the results would probably improve

MSwen23
Jan 20, 2012

Wazzerphuk posted:

agreed, if half the team was better then the results would probably improve

Result also probably improves if Hutchinson is shown a second yellow and sent off after absolutely laying out Hutton nowhere near the ball at the start of the second half

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
This is the Championship mate none of that poncy Premier League lark, wasn't even a foul imo and even if it was Hutch isn't that kind of player

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm confident Villa will be in the top 6 come the end of the season. If we make a few more good signings before the window closes we could be in the automatic places. Cissokho will be dropped once Amavi is back to full fitness which should be soon, and I was really impressed with Elphick and Gollini (minus his Guzan-esque error). We just sorely need to replace Hutton and get in one more CB and defence will be sorted. Biggest concern for me is our non-existent midfield. Westwood is loving poo poo and I hate him, he's such a pathetic non-entity of a player and we may as well be playing with 10 men when he features. Gardner was a bit crap too but it was his first game for us in about 3 years so not going to judge him too harshly. We need a new CB, RB, at least two new CM's, and some wide players for width and protection for the fullbacks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hutton probably deserves taking out a few times considering how often he does it to other players

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Bad luck to the opposites, welcome to the Championship.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

MSwen23 posted:

This has to be trolling right?
Unfortunately, and even on the most troll free forums on the web, there are still some who will try and provoke. Pay no mind to breath ray--he's a massive troll.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
:cawg:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

League Cup 1st round kicks off tonight someone should make a thread but not me I'm a fan of a team with a bye to the second round so its beneath me

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

MSwen23 posted:

If your aunty had bollocks she'd be your uncle

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

*in extremely triggered voice* Actually,

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm glad to see my pals Norwich top of the league, also generally enjoying the entire bottom half

MSwen23
Jan 20, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

Quite aware, the point I was making is that all of those things won't be happening throughout the season, and they won't be playing in the "Wednesday Fortress", so Villa look to be in ok shape moving forward this season.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Blue Star Error posted:

League Cup 1st round kicks off tonight someone should make a thread but not me I'm a fan of a team with a bye to the second round so its beneath me

I sort of did this

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785992

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
miwaw beat a poo poo team 4 goals to nil. that's it lads we're gonna win the league miiiiiiiiill

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Extremely psyched up for our trip to league leaders Norwich tomorrow evening in a game that will likely decide the winner and runner up places.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Breath Ray posted:

Extremely psyched up for our trip to league leaders Norwich tomorrow evening in a game that will likely decide the winner and runner up places.

Agreed it will be a good test to see if we are actually that good or if Blackbum were just very very bad.

Also fans travelling to Carrow Road tomorrow will be treated to the football world's first rotating big screen

Phwoar look at the pivot on that

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The worst thing about being relegated is not being able to watch any streams.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Frankston posted:

The worst thing about being relegated is not being able to watch any streams.

This!!

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Get on local radio tech lads

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

Get on local radio tech lads

Is this actually a thing? The Villa game is on BBC Radio Sheffield but yeah I can't listen to it.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Frankston posted:

Is this actually a thing? The Villa game is on BBC Radio Sheffield but yeah I can't listen to it.

They region lock BBC radio during football which is really lovely but if you're near Birmingham it should be fine. If not you have to subscribe to your club's official website player thing

I think also you can get all local radio stations if you have a real digital radio maybe

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

lmao at Newcastle

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Radio stream for the Villa game http://uktvsportsradio.yolasite.com/SPORTS-RADIO-2.php

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Newcastle 1-0 down to Huddersfield

MSwen23
Jan 20, 2012
GET IN 2-0 to the Villa at the half from a Gestede brace

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

lmao rafa is a loving fraud

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
league one is the place to be anyway tbh

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Lets all take a moment to reflect on the passing of our dear friends Blackbum Rovers, cut down in their prime by some Indian chicken merchants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

Lets all take a moment to reflect on the passing of our dear friends Blackbum Rovers, cut down in their prime by some Indian chicken merchants

They fouled and dived a lot and won the prem once anyway so no need to feel bad for them imo

• Locked thread