Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Nice injury time winner for Reading. Score late so we don't have to defend the lead for too long...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Reading two-nil down at 70 minutes, end up with an injury time winner. Stam's definitely got the right sort 'keep fighting' attitude back in to the team.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Jose posted:

if reading win their next 2 matches they'll be 2 points away from newcastle without newcastle having played a game this is bad imo
Apart from your inability to do maths (it's 3 points), that has come to pass.

The turn around compared to last year continues to amaze. It's all narrow single goal margin victories but to even be in the position to contemplate an outside change of automatic promotion was unthinkable. I'm hoping for a repeat of 2011/12 when everyone continued to talk about Southampton and WestHam as certs and McDermott's bunch came along and spoiled the party.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Reading's entire season has been built on getting results despite looking terrible. Reading have qualified for the payoffs five times, made the final three times, and lost three times (4-3,3-2,4-2) - So history suggest they should make it to Wembley then lose in a high-scoring game. Stam will deliver either a fraught 1-0 win or something like a 1-6 thrashing.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

So Reading finish third. After two years of absolute rubbish, how Stam managed to turn it around is a miracle. It's not likes there's even been a massive squad investment.

Reading have failed at all five of their previous play-off attempts, it kinda feels like Stam is going to find a way to break that run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Penalties, how I hate thee.

• Locked thread