Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Hello and welcome to The Championship, the graveyard of successful foreign businessmen. I figured there's probably not enough interest for separate League 1/2/Johnstone's Paint Trophy threads so if you're a fan of one of those clubs you may as well make your 3 posts a season ITT.

I won't bore you with funny and wacky descriptions of the clubs because chances are if you are reading this thread you already know them because you've been stuck in this godforsaken best league in the world for what seems like decades and are frankly sick of playing an Ipswich or a Derby all the time.

This year we have been joined by Newcastle, Norwich, and Aston Villa from the Premier League, and Barnsley, Wigan and Plucky Little Burton Albion from League 1.

The season kicks off Friday 5th August at 19:45 with Fulham vs Newcastle and then the rest of us playing the day after at 3pm as God intended apart from some other teams which play on Sunday.

Blue Star Error fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I think we're going to see a very stratified Championship this year. Seems like Newcastle/Norwich/Villa/Wednesday/Derby/Brighton are much better than everyone else and nailed on for top 6. Maybe Wolves if their strategy of throwing all the money at Mendes clients works but I'm willing to bet it won't.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I didn't watch last nights match how stonewall were the penalty shouts? that ref is the oval office who disallowed Jerome's overhead kick on the opening day of last season

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

this Championship lark is easy

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

the Roofe the Roofe the Roofe is on fire

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Monk isn't going to last the month

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

http://i.imgur.com/g24NpMO.gifv

Murphy's goal yesterday phwoar

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Should have kept Gabby for his guaranteed goals against Norwich

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

The Owls are knocking on the door

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Reminder that Jack Hunt is a funny name

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

We all love Wednesday here, in the Wednesday thread

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

This is the Championship mate none of that poncy Premier League lark, wasn't even a foul imo and even if it was Hutch isn't that kind of player

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

League Cup 1st round kicks off tonight someone should make a thread but not me I'm a fan of a team with a bye to the second round so its beneath me

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Breath Ray posted:

Extremely psyched up for our trip to league leaders Norwich tomorrow evening in a game that will likely decide the winner and runner up places.

Agreed it will be a good test to see if we are actually that good or if Blackbum were just very very bad.

Also fans travelling to Carrow Road tomorrow will be treated to the football world's first rotating big screen

Phwoar look at the pivot on that

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Get on local radio tech lads

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Frankston posted:

Is this actually a thing? The Villa game is on BBC Radio Sheffield but yeah I can't listen to it.

They region lock BBC radio during football which is really lovely but if you're near Birmingham it should be fine. If not you have to subscribe to your club's official website player thing

I think also you can get all local radio stations if you have a real digital radio maybe

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Lets all take a moment to reflect on the passing of our dear friends Blackbum Rovers, cut down in their prime by some Indian chicken merchants

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

lol Wigan have a player called Max Power

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Forestieri has had a strop and not travelled what a twat

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Had his head turned by transfer stuff I think

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Bringing on a new keeper at half time how odd

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I saw a one armed linesmen once

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

and a women linesman, they're evolving

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

He;s not having his best day but he's a tryer

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Draw is a decent enough result as Wednesday were the better side

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

What seemed like an alarming number of Norwich fans booed a 0-0 draw with Wednesday which was pretty bizarre for a usually sedate bunch of fans.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Fellblade posted:

I was amazed how quiet they were, it was Wednesday songs all the way through bar about 5 minutes.

We've only got 1 stand and a corner that make any noise most of the time but you'd have a hard time getting anyone excited about that game tbf

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I didn't think it was a penalty in real time so you can't really be annoyed at the ref for not giving it but in slow motion it definitely was. Compared to the decisions that go against us everytime we're in the Prem though it doesn't even register.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I'm looking forward to The Canaries sticking their mighty winged fists right up The Bobbins red jacksies

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Apparently all Fulham needed to do to stop being shite was to sell their best two players

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

lol

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

oh good old Leeds with an injury time equaliser against Fulham to put Norwich in the automatic promotion places at this crucial stage of the season

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Whats the point of having some games on today instead of all of them on one day if they aren't going to televise them?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Good work from the Japanese man's Wes Hoolahan, Conor Hourihane to put a stop to the QPRty.

Also lol poor old Duffy, two OGs and a red card.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

lol

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

OLD FARM DERBY TIME

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

this is me

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Nice to stay unbeaten but for the record I would have preferred a win

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Frankston posted:

Aston loving poo poo

Norwich lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Why have a scoreboard when you could have another sports direct sign

• Locked thread