Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
Even though I think this is the worst ever Ipswich squad I still overestimated them and they got trounced by Forest. Sorry Blackburn :(

I was right about Newcastle winning it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
I like Wednesday but if they go up, the neutrals get robbed of great derby fixtures!

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
He's a loving idiot who bought the club as nothing more than a way to get richer buy purchasing distressed debt on the cheap; thinking that because he controlled both the lender and borrower he could make sure the debt was paid in full to tax haven entities.

Except it turns out he's a loving lovely football club owner who hosed it all up, so he shoved some good money after bad to make sure his scheme would work but it hasn't and now it's backfired spectacularly.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005

mfcrocker posted:

So, err, am I right in thinking you can't watch red button on Sky Go? I'd quite like to watch our playoff if it's all the same with Sky

Sorry for being too late to help you on this but to help future people you can indeed watch red button, to an extent. It isn't listed on the sky go site but there is an extra channel on its own page called sky sports extra. This channel will show the most prominent action that is on the red button viewing at that moment. I use it to watch NFL redzone which is always a red button only option.

It isn't guaranteed it'll show what you want if there are multiple red button programmes but it mostly will be what you want.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005

flowbee abortion posted:

aye, wonder what the interest rate on that poo poo is now. think she was 5% last I checked.

add mcfucktard playing volleyball with midgets and it's going to be an exciting race to stay out of relegation for us. gently caress

This summer is going to be a huge decider for the clubs future. The funny thing is - if ME goes the insolvency route all the debt is owed to him so he's just taking a massive write off; plus the points deduction would make the sale value even less than it would be now. I don't know exactly what ME's financial situation is like due to him being notoriously secretive, but the club is being run with a vicious cost-cutting approach; throw in alleged ticket touting and if it's any indicator then things are not good.

Ideally it seems he needs to sell, but who's going to buy? Why would you take over a club with huge debts owed to one man who needs that money? He will only demand payment and make the club's future a misery. Plus, knowing that the situation is so bad why buy now? The price will only get lower.

The only way out of this ME has that gets him full payment, is if he has enough money to keep the club Championship competitive enough, long enough, to chip away some debt and luck in to some better fortunes (i.e. couple amazing academy players to cash in / take us up the table). Except if he had the ability to do that the squad wouldn't be in the state it is now, with the entire stadium running on minimum possible staff and supplies.

ME has to make a compromise somewhere. If he keeps on this course the club goes down, stays down and he loses a tonne of money. If he goes insolvent he also loses a tonne of money, but at least it's (in theory) a known quantity and the situation is clarified. This could actually be attractive to ME if he's looking to secure financing for his other business interests. The Ipswich debt would rated in the lowest possible way and could be a huge drag on other areas of his 'empire'.

The best possible scenario is a sale on the condition he restructures the debt for the new owners. After our miracle against Newcastle he has a summers opportunity to do just that. After next season when we probably get relegated it'll be a lot harder and then insolvency becomes a real possibility. Without an unlikely sale this summer the bottom could well and truly fall out for us.

In other news has Ruddy been signed anywhere yet? I fully expect our goalie to be sold for too much money to a Premiership club. Replacing him with a free is exactly what we will do and Ruddy would not be a bad option in that situation.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
Ah. I didn't realise that was the reason, I stand corrected.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
Norwich get Farke-d. Can't say I know anything about him but I like the idea of the hire from a Norwich perspective, a lot more forward thinking than Mick :( .

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
Mmm mmm Just above Derby with a playoff semi(e: that would be impossible!) final loss toooooooooo...

*looks at sky*

I'm going to say Reading. I have spoken.

Horse Inspector fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jul 17, 2017

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
If by PL you mean Protestant Loathers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
That page doesn't exist either! Is there some kind Geordie only twitter? Don't answer that I'd rather not know.

• Locked thread