Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Lpzie posted:

Cannot wait to see how far Zika travels after these games.

I think I played a flash game about this. The whole world is going to be infected except for Madagascar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

tacodaemon posted:

Xinhua is relishing the chance to poo poo on somebody else's crappy Olympics

They poo poo all over the London Olympics even though they went quite well :( (as in nobody got swamp dick, nobody got arrested for having a camera)

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Snatch Duster posted:

At least Brazil has pokemans go now

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm betting 50:50 that the opening ceremony gets blown up tonight.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

do any online betting sites have the balls to actually book this?

I mean you can bet on presidental elections, why not is-bombings?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Grouchio posted:

I've got a parlay bet going on Bodog that will pay out for thirty half hours of discounted Rio prostitute time if:

Seu Jorge plays two of his lovely David Bowie covers and,
Pele falls over and,
Xuxa gets hit with a flare and,
Male Feminist outrage over overly sexy Carnival cultural costumes shuts down the #olympics hashtag and,
NBC is forced to use mostly zoomed out wide shots as water borne pathogens make most of the white-panted athlete delegations unfilmable.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the road race is right off the bat holy crap

quote:

Men's road race
Final
Sat, Aug 6
5:30 AM PST
often its a bit later in the olympic schedule. i get to get my watching in and over with.

are they gonna show this live on the youtube again?

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Aug 5, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol bulbassault is a kick rear end name

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

numberoneposter posted:

often its a bit later in the olympic schedule. i get to get my watching in and over with.

A foot race before the sun comes up (or at least about the time it does) sounds like great cover for favela attacks with their fancy holo-sighted rifles. :mil101:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I've learnt a lot from these Olympics. For example:
Torch thefts: attempts 2, successes 2
Torch extinguishings: attempts 2, successes 0

You'd think it'd be the other way around

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

GBS already has a thread for this. As funny as it is WE DON't NEed TWO THREADS fuckmnan

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

What was wrong with the old thread?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
There's already an Olympic thread.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Well the old thread is kinda long and considering the Olympics is actually starting soon it makes sense to start a new one instead of telling people to jump to page 566 for the goodies or whatever.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

lol bulbassault is a kick rear end name

Mods namechange pls

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Some of the UK betting shops are doing a special deal where if you bet for a UK athlete and they come second to a Russian competitor they will award you your bet as if they had come first.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Viruswithshoes posted:

The OP was banned, so it wasn't exactly possible to keep the OP post updated with new developments.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

And this way the old thread can be perfectly preserved so we don't look like dicks if things somehow go smoothly.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
this is going to be a great olymbics

im excited to see how bad it will get

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Phrosphor posted:

Some of the UK betting shops are doing a special deal where if you bet for a UK athlete and they come second to a Russian competitor they will award you your bet as if they had come first.

i looked it up, and i don't think anyone has to worry about this happening. the british are only consistently competitive with rowing and sailing, though every once in a while they do produce exceptional single athletes in other sports. the winners of the water events will be whoever has the best immune systems.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

For those not in the know, this is the event where everyone vomits/shits their pants.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

i looked it up, and i don't think anyone has to worry about this happening. the british are only consistently competitive with rowing and sailing, though every once in a while they do produce exceptional single athletes in other sports. the winners of the water events will be whoever has the best immune systems.

nah there's a pretty good chance the UK female boxer is gonna take a medal, I forget which weight class

Mo Farah is a good long distance runner, and cycling did pretty well last time out

E: I suppose it doesn't contradict you, you could say they're good single athletes, but since these days any athlete only has a very limited competitive lifespan it's much less consistent than it used to be for any country. But boxing, usually some kind of long distance or marathon runner, like a diver or a swimmer, sailing and rowing as you say, and cycling are pretty consistent events for the UK

Anyway UK gold for dressage, calling it now.

simplefish fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 5, 2016

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I've always wanted to go to Brazil but the Olympic thread destroyed that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

simplefish posted:

nah there's a pretty good chance the UK female boxer is gonna take a medal, I forget which weight class

Mo Farah is a good long distance runner, and cycling did pretty well last time out

mostly i just wanted to make fun of gb pretending to compete with the russian roid-fueled monstrosities, but i guess the last couple games they have done quite well (4th and 3rd in beijing and london). though, gb has been kind of lovely overall since the 1920's but i'm guessing most of the major competitors have very uneven records so that's not entirely fair.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

hemophilia posted:

GBS already has a thread for this. As funny as it is WE DON't NEed TWO THREADS fuckmnan

Viruswithshoes posted:

Golem II posted:

There's already an Olympic thread.

If any of you actually read that thread you would know why we have this one.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Show the link of the torch being stolen by the favela kids thats a good one.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Also requesting "Torchbearer half-squatting uncomfortably near soon-to-be-dead jaguar, surrounded by armed men" please.

E: oh fine I'll do it myself

Murray Mantoinette fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Aug 5, 2016

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRhXqLM4Qcg

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fauxtool posted:

How do the cops get away with shooting first so often, is the crime so bad that people just assume anyone that gets shot by cops probably deserved it?

Mostly yeah

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You can compare it to the attitude a lot of Americans have to cops (support are boys in blue!), only instead of defending them unconditionally when a black adult gets shot they do it upon the murder of children of any color wearing flip-flops

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Kitty Chiller up in this motherfucker: "Everything is fine. " I bet she had that dead eye stare like Chris Christie introducing Donald Trump

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Virigoth posted:

Kitty Chiller up in this motherfucker: "Everything is fine. " I bet she had that dead eye stare like Chris Christie introducing Donald Trump

Link? Last time she did it she sounded pretty sarcastic. It'll be sad if they've finally managed to turn her

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

simplefish posted:

Link? Last time she did it she sounded pretty sarcastic. It'll be sad if they've finally managed to turn her

She has actually been pretty radio silent on social media and the news. I did find this hilarious article where her own media is like please shut up. Kitty fatigue

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

TotalVPN has garbage speeds to Canada if anyone planned on using them to watch CBC btw. Waste of money.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Olypics?
More like old-limp-dicks.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
So is the Brazilian Olympics logo just a pair of crotchless thong-underwear?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Bringo.org seems to be parked. I need my card!

Edit: VVVV I'm an idiot.

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 5, 2016

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Oh yeah, remove the www - it's just http://bringo.org. I just realized i never got around to setting up the wildcard subdomain forwarder, I'll get that taken care of today

e: looks like the dns has finished propagating worldwide, it should be fixed now

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

You see, all those athletes saying they had no working showers were lying, this is proof.

• Locked thread