Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Virigoth posted:

She has actually been pretty radio silent on social media and the news. I did find this hilarious article where her own media is like please shut up. Kitty fatigue

Ahahahaha. She's been so entitled, wanting safe, functional housing for her group. This is like that one rower saying "Stop talking about the poo poo water and talk about supporting me!"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Here's a clean transparent version with the "B" cleaned up.

An avatar version

And a potential gang tag-sized version of the Biolympics symbol.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Sweet CBC, BBC, NBC none of them showing the Archery.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here's a clean transparent version with the "B" cleaned up.

An avatar version

And a potential gang tag-sized version of the Biolympics symbol.

You know, with some slight tweaking, you could almost morph that Rio2016 from a Bio2016 to an very stylized 'Biohazard' (2 gets a bit more wavy and becomes an 'H', the o becomes an 'a', the '1' gets a some cursive to make it look like an 'z' and 6 gets flipped backwards to look a bit like an overlapping 'ard'.)

Yes, I'm overthinking it.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 5, 2016

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Odds on this being due to stolen broadcast equipment? :pray:

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

cheesetriangles posted:

Are you loving kidding me? Equestrian you can ditch, sure, but goddamn archery? poo poo.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

KomodoWagon posted:

Are you loving kidding me? Equestrian you can ditch, sure, but goddamn archery? poo poo.

The BBC is BIG into showing everything horse.
There are a lot of posh idiots in the UK who think Dressage is normal, and the BBC will show every loving minute of that over oik peasant sports.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Dressage is literally the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen. Scrap it and make the GAA sports Olympic events including Irish Road Bowling.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

StoneOfShame posted:

Dressage is literally the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen. Scrap it and make the GAA sports Olympic events including Irish Road Bowling.

The nation of England is a nation of horse girls.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

is NBC streaming all sports online and I can stream if I want.. or is it all just whatever they broadcast.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

tater_salad posted:

is NBC streaming all sports online and I can stream if I want.. or is it all just whatever they broadcast.

yes, all the sports will be streamed live

as long as you have cable

that could be a problem for a lot of people on this forum

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you are actually trying to enjoy watching the events, the networks are making it very difficult. if you are trying to enjoy watching the inevitable disasters, the relevant clips will show up soon enough. despite what they think, the ioc isn't actually capable of censoring the entire world.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3725478/Moroccan-boxer-22-arrested-suspicion-raping-two-chambermaids-Olympic-Village-Brazil.html

this continues to be the best olympics.

also kit gone missing for british swimmers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-ceremony.html

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

yes, all the sports will be streamed live

as long as you have cable

that could be a problem for a lot of people on this forum

Lucky for me I share cable with a roommate adding on digital TV, dvr and intetnet was $20 on top of their normal bill, just intetnet would have been 50

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

simplefish posted:

nah there's a pretty good chance the UK female boxer is gonna take a medal, I forget which weight class

Mo Farah is a good long distance runner, and cycling did pretty well last time out

E: I suppose it doesn't contradict you, you could say they're good single athletes, but since these days any athlete only has a very limited competitive lifespan it's much less consistent than it used to be for any country. But boxing, usually some kind of long distance or marathon runner, like a diver or a swimmer, sailing and rowing as you say, and cycling are pretty consistent events for the UK

Anyway UK gold for dressage, calling it now.

Yeah as much as I poo poo on our overcrowded rainy island, we did ok last year...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/medals/countries

3rd place after the richest country in the world with 5x the population (and less inbreeding) and a country with a billion people.....we did ok!

Don't even any of them going to the poo poo storm that is Rio though.

The worst case scenario after that Judo guy getting frog marched to a cash machine is some athelete being kidnapped for ransom.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheesetriangles posted:

TotalVPN has garbage speeds to Canada if anyone planned on using them to watch CBC btw. Waste of money.

So what's the recommended VPN of choice?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Rather watch Hearthstone of Counterstrike on Twitch than watch actual Olympic sports.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just get a VPN to the UK and watch on the BBC....no ads over here and pretty world class coverage.

JayhawkCSC
Sep 18, 2012
"So we really really wanted to try and bring Danny Boyle onboard again for the Rio 2016 opening ceremonies, but between the construction of stadiums and the Olympic Village the best we could manage was Uwe Boll. Please to be enjoying these opening ceremonies brought to you by Coca Cola™"

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

gfanikf posted:

So what's the recommended VPN of choice?

I"ve been using trust.zone but I'm not sure how they will be if lots of folks use it to stream the BBC.. I had speeds to stream it in the US just fine.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
LOL they're still planning on the Olympics happening in Rio

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

"A Moroccan boxer has been arrested by Brazilian police over allegations of sexually assaulting two female cleaners in the Rio de Janeiro Olympic village."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-36989897

Legitimate or not, he's gonna be in deep poo poo because Brazilian police. Unless he can bribe his way out I guess.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

from the last thread:

Lime Tonics posted:

Haha

Brazil held to 0-0 draw by South Africa in men's soccer
i'd bet money that Brazil won't make the world cup in 2018, which would be the first time that's ever happened. ever since they got whipped by Germany 7-1 they've completely lost their poo poo. they didn't even make the knockout rounds from their Copa America group, which ended up being won by Peru, of all places
as great as the content of these links are, i really, really don't like the format the Daily Mail uses for their online articles

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Y-Hat posted:

as great as the content of these links are, i really, really don't like the format the Daily Mail uses for their online articles

ftfy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Bad news, they removed the staged mugging from the opening ceremony :(

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

well yeah, that goes without saying

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Kurtofan posted:

They know the real thing will be cheaper, and more competently executed.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Throw this one on the pile too:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...812616de81ff5ab

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

Don't worry, we're sure to have more than enough real muggings.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Chinese journalists get caught in a shootout!

A shootout occurred near a bus ferrying Chinese journalists from the airport to the Olympic village in Rio de Janeiro, the South China Morning Post reports.

No reporters were harmed in the incident, but six local people were reported dead, the paper says.

The shootout occurred on Wednesday night when the journalists were travelling to cover the arrival of the Chinese national basketball team in Rio.

"The coach that the journalists were on encountered gunfire and six locals were killed," said a member of the Chinese team, clarifying that the basketball team was travelling in another vehicle and avoided the incident.

The Chinese delegation to Rio has already witnessed several other unpleasant incidents, prompting a Chinese police official to travel to the Olympic village to collaborate on security.

On July 29, an allegedly drunk man vomited on hurdler Shi Dongpeng and a journalist accompanying him to create a distraction and steal their belongings.

While Shi was cleaning himself and the reporter pursued the "aggressor", an accomplice of the man snatched the journalist's suitcase that contained cameras and laptops, according to the Chinese consulate in Rio de Janeiro.

Days before the incident, members of the Chinese women's fencing team were also subjected to a robbery attempt while they were strolling through Copacabana and some teens tried to snatch a necklace from the neck of star fencer Xu Anqi.

http://www.news.com.au/world/breaking-news/chinese-journos-caught-up-in-rio-shootout/news-story/af5f7487c0ec4df593dc5e4f6710cc22

Also, I updated the OP with stuff, and I will probably need this post later for gifs and stuff because the first page is loaded down with so much junk already. It just doesn't stop.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lime Tonics posted:

Was told thread lacked pictures, so here is some,

for shits and giggles,

district 9 2 looking good

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

JayhawkCSC posted:

"So we really really wanted to try and bring Danny Boyle onboard again for the Rio 2016 opening ceremonies, but between the construction of stadiums and the Olympic Village the best we could manage was Uwe Boll. Please to be enjoying these opening ceremonies brought to you by Coca Cola™"

the hilarious thing about the opening is that it's directed by Fernando meirelles, the director of the elite squad movies. he also has been marked for death by the police because of the movies, so i wonder if he'll be present at the events. i also feel bad for him

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

nerdz posted:

the hilarious thing about the opening is that it's directed by Fernando meirelles, the director of the elite squad movies. he also has been marked for death by the police because of the movies, so i wonder if he'll be present at the events. i also feel bad for him

Gonna be recreating the ending of Se7en in his magnum opus.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

Lime Tonics posted:

On July 29, an allegedly drunk man vomited on hurdler Shi Dongpeng and a journalist accompanying him to create a distraction and steal their belongings.

pro strats

JayhawkCSC
Sep 18, 2012

nerdz posted:

Wait...the City of God guy?

That is one of my favorite movies. How in the hell did they rope him into this? He seems like a fellow that would be opposed to the idea of a Rio Olympics in this context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/bruceecurb/status/761579784963026944

This guy is worth following

• Locked thread