Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Daitarn 3 getting replaced with Trider G7 seemed kind of odd at first but after seeing this I'm on board.

I just realized:

Double Presidents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I hope Ein can be assigned to any of the Bebop people like a Dunbine fairy and it changes the cutin to add him. :3:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nephrite posted:

I hope Ein can be assigned to any of the Bebop people like a Dunbine fairy and it changes the cutin to add him. :3:

Good Dog L9

KoB
May 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1064816078214201344

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Considering what the other pre-order bonus units have been, this makes sense. I'm also completely down for this as well.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Arc Impulse posted:

Considering what the other pre-order bonus units have been, this makes sense. I'm also completely down for this as well.

Yeah, it was either this or the SRX/R-Series.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kinda surprised its just a black gespenst and not the phantom?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I just want Tekkaman Blade to come back, it would look SO GOOD with the HD treatment

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I really want that Gespenst to be piloted by Gilliam.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Oh boy a Gespenst :geno:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
It'd be nice if the Evangelion tv series eventually came back.

But oh man, Cowboy Bebop in a Super Robot Wars game. What an age we live in.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Akurasu/status/1064505912986001409

between SRWT and this there are more than enough Sprites to straight up make a SRW Alpha remake

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Oh boy a Gespenst :geno:
What if it has the Kick?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I would enjoy a Super Gespenst Wars, so I am fine with this.

I just hope that either Gilliam or a F original is piloting.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Hellioning posted:

I would enjoy a Super Gespenst Wars, so I am fine with this.

I just hope that either Gilliam or a F original is piloting.

Hey, Noriko Hidaka's right there for Gunbuster. I'm sure she'd be down with recording best girl Mina again.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/WeebSimpsons/status/1064979371927191552

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I just want Tekkaman Blade to come back, it would look SO GOOD with the HD treatment
The problem with that dream is that I highly doubt that Bandai Namco, let alone Banpresto, has enough resources to be dedicated to "microphone replacement" duties.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

The Gespenst is one of my favorite OG units, so I'm okay with this. Even more so if it has the Gespenst Kick.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Shame that The Inspector is unavailable for streaming currently, while both Divine Wars and the OVA are still available

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
you know, if they can keep giving us the latest Mazinger products (and even inventing new stuff wholecloth) why are they so reluctant to do anything with Getter aside from Armageddon or the old anime series

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

you know, if they can keep giving us the latest Mazinger products (and even inventing new stuff wholecloth) why are they so reluctant to do anything with Getter aside from Armageddon or the old anime series
IIRC, New Getter and Shin vs. Neo didn't exactly rake in the cash (especially the latter, which is the least successful of the 3 OVAs in the 2000s), but aside from that, I have to wonder if there's something else holding things up, such as licensing shenanigans. Like, Nagai is only letting Armageddon come out to play because of reasons and the other Getter products are going to be on ice until something big comes up. That's the only reason I can think of as to why Armageddon has been representing the franchise since 2011.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

AradoBalanga posted:

IIRC, New Getter and Shin vs. Neo didn't exactly rake in the cash (especially the latter, which is the least successful of the 3 OVAs in the 2000s), but aside from that, I have to wonder if there's something else holding things up, such as licensing shenanigans. Like, Nagai is only letting Armageddon come out to play because of reasons and the other Getter products are going to be on ice until something big comes up. That's the only reason I can think of as to why Armageddon has been representing the franchise since 2011.

My guess for them not using Shin vs Neo is because pretty much every time that series got used before people ended up griping because it's version of Shin Getter ended up being gimped in move variety since it only had like 10 minutes of screen time in that series

As for New Getter, probably because that series gets kind of weird*, not to mention it doesn't have an easy upgrade option like the other two

*although it probably has the most consistent quality of any Getter series

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I'm excite.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
How come Mazinger Infinity isn't listed as a debut? X Omega, I'm guessing?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Inferno-sama posted:

Checked the series listing and regular Crossbone is not units only. Then again, neither is Trider, nor was Daitarn in V or X, so take that as you will.

It's weird that the most plot Trider has had in years was in GC. Is its plot that bad?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

70's super robot shows weren't exactly heavy on plot.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

It's weird that the most plot Trider has had in years was in GC. Is its plot that bad?

From what I've heard it barely has a plot at all

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Give us the entire Getter manga saga across a multipart game thanks

and throw in stuff like Getter Queen and the Dinosaur Getter too. Gimme all the Getters.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

HitTheTargets posted:

How come Mazinger Infinity isn't listed as a debut? X Omega, I'm guessing?
Yes.

So the interview goes into this, but I'll reiterate - the producers are intentionally spreading out debuts amongst all the games, including the Mobage(s) to give a reason for people to play all of them - they do not consider them to be "not real games" / "spin-offs" / "inferior replacements" in any way and are treating them as legit installments of the franchise.

(Incidentally not the first time they've done this - Godannar is considered to have debuted in Scramble Commander 2, not K)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

drrockso20 posted:

From what I've heard it barely has a plot at all

How is it any different from all the other 70s series like Mazinger and Getter Robo?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Not having reimaginings with more weighty narratives ig

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Light Gun Man posted:

Give us the entire Getter manga saga across a multipart game thanks

and throw in stuff like Getter Queen and the Dinosaur Getter too. Gimme all the Getters.

Call me weird, but I REALLY dislike the manga for a lot of reasons, so I'm fine with it not being touched by SRW

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

How is it any different from all the other 70s series like Mazinger and Getter Robo?

Mazinger Z and Getter Robo had plots, in a sense. They were mostly monster of the week stories, but you got some two parters, the status quo changed a bit, characters died or betrayed each other or villains got killed off. Mostly just to keep the monster of the week stuff from getting too stale, but still, if you were bored you could probably edit Mazinger Z into a show that felt like it had an actual forward narrative.

Trider G7 literally doesn't have a plot. Or, well, a plot in the super robot sense. Trider G7's much more a predecessor to stuff like ojamajo doremi than any super robot show, or a successor to mildly high-premise rural town comedies like Akko-chan and Osomatsu-san. It's a show where the focus is on the town where the main character lives, the people in it, building a supporting cast and having them interact with each other and with the main characters. The last episode doesn't even have a single fight in it, and the plot ends when the evil machine empire just goes 'man, why do we keep invading the earth' and goes home. Watta never even meets any of the villains outside of one defector who exists just to explain where the Trider even came from. Heck, the problems of the week usually barely relate to the giant robot or the machine empire.

Imagine a sitcom where all the characters work at a restaurant, and the opening episode is all about how they work at a restaurant, but the fact that they all work at a restaurant is mostly just used as a punchline or as an excuse for all of them to be at the same place from that point on. Trider's like that, but with a giant robot. Adapting Trider G7's 'plot' would involve multiple stages where Ryoma has to tell seven year olds why stealing is wrong, or everyone standing around awkwardly while Watta gets told what a miscarriage is.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wonder if Gunbuster will be post series again? I'd like to see those RX units again someday...and training montages!

edit: and I don't immediately recognize the art style of her character portrait. I have some feeling I've seen it before somewhere...

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Nov 21, 2018

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Davzz posted:

Yes.

So the interview goes into this, but I'll reiterate - the producers are intentionally spreading out debuts amongst all the games, including the Mobage(s) to give a reason for people to play all of them - they do not consider them to be "not real games" / "spin-offs" / "inferior replacements" in any way and are treating them as legit installments of the franchise.

(Incidentally not the first time they've done this - Godannar is considered to have debuted in Scramble Commander 2, not K)

Too bad no one outside of Japan can actually, you know, PLAY the mobile games. Like, I might actually play DD if it were something I could get without compromising my phone in some manner. And in English.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Hunter Noventa posted:

Too bad no one outside of Japan can actually, you know, PLAY the mobile games. Like, I might actually play DD if it were something I could get without compromising my phone in some manner. And in English.
I'm pretty sure they announced DD would be in Singapore and such.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wonder if Gunbuster will be post series again? I'd like to see those RX units again someday...and training montages!

edit: and I don't immediately recognize the art style of her character portrait. I have some feeling I've seen it before somewhere...

Maybe the "not perfectly on model redraw" dimension that a lot of the portraits from V and X came from.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm pretty sure they announced DD would be in Singapore and such.

Did they? Huh. Still doesn't change that most people aren't willing to root or otherwise alter their phones to reach such locales in the play store.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hunter Noventa posted:

Did they? Huh. Still doesn't change that most people aren't willing to root or otherwise alter their phones to reach such locales in the play store.

For a lot of these games (mostly gacha ones with no official western release), if you're on Android you can usually get away with downloading the APK through something like QooApp, which doesn't need any mucking about with locales or settings. It just downloads the game and installs it. A lot of the time rooting is typically used for stuff like rerolling starter draws in those games, to delete account data without needing full app uninstalls to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

It'S easy to switch between accounts on iOS.

• Locked thread