Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
With this crabstick, I will advise everyone not to go with beginner mode, as it cuts out quite a bit of content in the earlygame from what I've seen so far! I switched to normal when I realized how super easy the extra 20k funds per SR point would make the game, and the number of cutscenes and even stages taken out is kind of silly.

I wish I could get the red type-2 on normal on a first playthrough, though. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

ShiunTouya posted:

You can buy codes from offgamers. They are sent immediately and you can use PayPal if that's your thing.
I did this because I didn't want to give Play-Asia my money, and while the site looks kind of sketchy it worked perfectly fine and I got the codes immediately. Would recommend.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Pretty much all of the secret units are "well you can technically get this on your first playthrough, but lol good luck" NG+ units. Which is lame, but if I get that many new units to play with I might just try a NG+.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

How many kills does Yon start with to make getting her 70 by stage 12 feisable?
Not. For reference, the School crew comes in at stage 4 Touya route with 8 kills each. You could theoretically feed just about every enemy to one of them to hit 70 by stage 12, but it would not be a fun time.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Ashsaber posted:

While it won't be for a few weeks I think I'm going to just import this and Gundam Breaker 3, save me the hassle of Singaporian PSN. Is Playasia alright? I've seen a bit of hate for it recently but I don't have any idea why.
Some people (myself included) don't want to give them money because they've thrown themselves in with that group of people you dare not mention by name for fear of them immediately invading the thread.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

PS2 emulation is pretty easy with modern hardware, it's just CPU heavy. A beefy laptop or mediocre desktop can run PS2 games upscaled without an issue.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Caphi posted:

It helps to try to match the ranges of ranged attacks, (P) attacks, and ALL attacks across the twin. It's tempting to pair e.g. Arado and Seolla, or Dygenguar and Aussenseiter, for reasons other than combinations, but practically it generally means any given combat action is not working for somebody.
Arado/Seolla and Kyosuke/Excellen pairs actually work out decently if you give Arado and Kyosuke equippable long range weapons. Rectangular launcher etc. But in practice if you're using both it's probably better to have Arado/Kyosuke and Seolla/Excellen and just always keep them together.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Caphi posted:

My current arrangement is Kyosuke+Arriere, Excellen+Seolla, and Arado+Latooni (Wildraubtier). I'm trying to find either another machine or another position for Lat though because Schnabel Assault doesn't really work with the setup that well, even though I love Stagbeetle Crusher + Blade Sai. It's a real struggle.

I do need to dig up a Rectangle Launcher for Kyosuke though. I keep forgetting.
Exbein Boxer? Lat isn't a TK but she kind of doesn't need to be.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Notably, Excellen has this command, and it lets Kyosuke not be poo poo with ranged weapons :v:

Is there a list of relationship bonuses for MD yet? A lot of them are kind of...random. And several huge bonuses are for pairs you would probably never use, like Shine's level 3 (!!!) love bonus with Rai.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Captain Rufus posted:

Is the TOTALLY NOT GAY HORSIE MODE COMBO ATTACK still in for this one? It was op as hell in the GBA games and funny as hell. Ok maybe not as rad as SRX and the gun combos but.. the Yaoi baiting made up for it in comedic value.
This and Royal Heart Breaker are not only still in, but they got incredible animations in OG2nd that are still there. Now if only we could do Royal Heart Breaker with Sanger and Ratsel...

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

DrManiac posted:

On a related note how do you use fortegigas? I haven't found anyone that will pilot it or any mech that transforms into it.
Only Josh can pilot it, and you can use either Glacies or Rim as the subpilot.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I used SRX a decent amount in OG2nd because its combo attack with R-Gun is a great way to burst down pesky bosses who would otherwise run. I've not really had the space for it so far in MD though.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

It's bad. It has movement, range, post movement attack, energy, accuracy, and SP issues, so you basically have to baby Touya to get as much use out of it as a Grungust.

Dracodeus is nuts, though!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Geant Chevalier what did they do to you :qq: ZERO post-movement attacks until 120 morale

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Should I bother looking up secrets for a first time play thorough? I'll undoubtedly get all the SR points at least. Only things I care about are mechs and pilots.
Don't bother, you'll never get the 70 kills secrets on a first playthrough. There's only one secret unit you can really feasibly get:

Devant Org & Endlich Geist
Arriere must battle Endlich Geist 3 times within 3 turns on Stage 34.
Arriere (in Flickerei Geist) must battle Endlich Geist on the final stage. Both must survive the encounter.
Following that, Arriere must battle Endlich Geist again before XN-L spawns.

Beyond that, kill all the grunts in Earth stage 8/kill every enemy unit within 5 turns on Space stage 7 for an SP drink, and using a good variety of pilots/leveling lots of people up and getting lots of aces will get you the rest of the secrets.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Tribladeofchaos posted:

That's fair, I'm just more of a fan of secret characters rather than equippable items or mechs, it's something I have a problem with in the Z series as well. My main problem is hearing about Granteed being bad for most of the game until the upgrade since it's my favorite OG super.
Well, like ShiunTouya said, if you baby him a bit Granteed is fine. If you use Axel's twin seishin he has the will to use his good post-movement attacks, and some accuracy upgrades and a +accuracy equippable item, plus a consumable to heal his EN, will make him pretty strong. Playing favorites is a totally valid and normal way to play SRW, lord knows I blatantly give more upgrades to Excellen than she needs.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

MarsDragon posted:

I don't think OG has ever had a secret character. It's all mechs, weapons, or parts. OG doesn't even do secret last-stage reinforcements, those all happen automatically.

Honestly the days of tons of secrets are probably behind us anyway thanks to ever-inflating budgets. It's easy to justify giving you a whole mess of secret mobile suits when they're barely animated, much harder when all of them require tons of animation and extra voicework.
:ssh: OGMD has a secret character

It's a good thing Tenia has the best Granteed finisher and Melua has the best Bellzelute finisher!!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I never understood why they are such bad pilots. Is it supposed to be their punishment for having a combo attack?
Arado is one of the best pilots in the game statwise, nearly Shu-tier

But only in endgame, his stats are poo poo for most of the game

:shepface:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

Well i just learned about this and I'm getting a ps4 just for this game.
ONE OF US

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Rishu is just absurd in every way. This guy must be someone's favorite on the team.

Yeah you won't find any reals in the L class other than the J originals docked in the OGverse. I think anyway. It's a dumb class though, I just use it cause space route = reals etc.
Dea Blanche Neige and Geant Chevalier are technically reals despite being loving gigantic, aren't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

There's something "off" with the animations for the originals in V...like they have the keyframes but there aren't enough frames in between, so they're all jerky.

• Locked thread