Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Caphi posted:

I feel like the Type 0 should go with the Type 3 just on grounds of being the Grungusts with P-ALL chest blasters.

P-ALLs are weird. I'm feeling like putting Lamia back in the Angelg now that I have the Brigandy so they can do that together and also snipe things together.

Try Brigandy+long range Leonysus team, their ranges and attack types match perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I assume you'll get the original mecha back + maybe the Coustwell and they'll justify reupgrading partway through.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Touya come back in a Vorlent as a nod to the new game+++ option in SRWJ.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

SRW V footage from the Taipei game show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHmUyqoxOfY

Seems we're going back to six spirit commands for most pilots, although two of the Yamato's sub-pilots also had six slots while one had only four.

The guy says that there's original songs playing instead of the licensed ones because of "rights problems". He means just for the show, right? Not the Asia version as a whole? :ohdear:

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The rumors literally have no basis except that a trailer had generic music which has also happened for the Japanese versions of other games.

It's entirely on you if you don't want to but you're literally talking about a rumor with absolutely no basis behind it. Frankly I don't have the time or energy to try to convince you how to spend your money so I will say don't preorder it.

Edit: Like if it is that important than you can only wait because there's literally no more information. The rumor is just that, a rumor. Nobody can tell you anything more.

A trailer? The actual footage of the first stage at a Singapore trailer had generic music for everyone except the protagonist. And the guy doing the presentation said that this was due to "rights reasons".

It's hardly confirmed but it's also not the made-up nonsense you're making it out to be.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

chirico cuvie posted:

The rights reasons in questions were likely related to using licensed music in a public venue for a show that would be recorded and released. JASRAC controls the Japanese music industry with an iron grip, and its influence affects things even outside of Japan. Chances are, the in-game BGMs fell into a licensing issue where the folks running the Taipei Game Show and/or Bandai Namco would have to pay the recording companies responsible for the release of Yamato's OST, and because of that, they could not secure the rights to play the music in a public venue. This has been the case with most SRW PV's as well--the battle music versions were harder to find because the official uploads to youtube, and in most cases the in-store trailers running on promotional disc loops, used versions with all of the licensed music excised.

FWIW, the only instance of PV2 with in-game music is the video on Bandai Namco's youtube. If you go on the Japanese PSN and watch the trailer, it too uses generic music.

Also, everyone but the protag used the same generic song, so unless they're cutting the battle music down to JUST that song, there's a 99.9% chance it was a temporary measure.

Oh, I know that's perfectly possible. Literally all I'm saying is that there was more to the rumors than just the non-Japan trailers having generic music.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

So far the animations are good, Soji and the Vangrey are fantastic, and the translation is surprisingly solid. Anyone else noticing the 3D maps look like they were thrown together in 5 minutes, though? I don't think I've seen a single square of defensive terrain in several stages now.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Nah, the Yamato is pretty drat fantastic at any level. S in space, 4 pilots, lots of powerful attacks, a nice barrier, a ton of defense, and it regenerates 20% EN a turn. Plus Okita's got a hell of a command aura. Whole lotta love went into both it and even its enemies.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Oh my god, they're actually doing the natto episode from Might Gaine.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

The GIG posted:

V was probably UC's best showing in a while solely because they reined themselves in and focused on retelling a single series instead of all of them simultaneously, so I'm down with UC getting sent to the retirement home after this game.

Except that one series was Unicorn, which hasn't exactly lacked for representation lately.

Meanwhile, they brought ZZ and Crossbone back for the first time in ages and completely squander them. The fact that Desert loving Rommel shows up as an enemy and that they bothered to animate and voice several Crossbone grunts despite it not having a plot makes me think that those two series are refugees from a game that never happened (and that I desperately want). Or perhaps cut series from Jigoku-hen or Tengoku-hen.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Endorph posted:

i hope someday they put gekiganger into a super robot wars game. it'd be amazing.

I gave Shin Getter Gekiganger's theme in W and that was close enough for me!

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Tae posted:

Macross is the geno of leaked lists.

I was thinking Sakura Taisen for that role. :v:

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Endorph posted:

I think you see Vicious's ship docked a couple of time, but there's no name given to it and it's never shown to have any weapons.

Solution: Let Vicious pilot Devil Gundam.

BB Studio make it happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

The one concern I have about the Switch version is whether it's going to be able to support custom music.

• Locked thread