Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

With this crabstick, I will advise everyone not to go with beginner mode, as it cuts out quite a bit of content in the earlygame from what I've seen so far! I switched to normal when I realized how super easy the extra 20k funds per SR point would make the game, and the number of cutscenes and even stages taken out is kind of silly.

I wish I could get the red type-2 on normal on a first playthrough, though. :(

Yeah I started beginner mode to see what it was like and the prologue autoplays and then auto go to the Touya route so I'm guessing there's dialogue and a route split choice scene missing right away. Einst, Zwei, Dry! would be so good as a line against an Einst enemy but now we're in hell.

Also!!! Remember the bug that messes up your save if you swap the Granteed Girls around ni the intermission when they are force deployed!

ImpAtom described the translation as nostalgic for old HK subs and that is 100% how what I've seen so far is hitting me. It's got a certain charm to it.

There is some pixelation on any text that has the red "You can't do this"" colour and I definitely saw some on Al Van's mech at the start. I was also super surprised by the animated intro, 2ndOG and Dark Prison had animated backgrounds for their openings, but nothing with as much lip syncing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah, at most so far I've gone "they could have worded that like this instead"

Well, other than "You don't need any bargain" and some real rough stuff in Touya's dream opening. Something like "the crying expression with the posture towards me"

Someone just said that maybe "you don't need any bargain" could maybe be something like "that was a cheap shot" or something, which certainly works for the situation.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caphi posted:

Anyone still wondering about the bargain, it's 駆け引き, which can be bargaining (in the sense of wheedling or haggling) but more generally can mean negotiation, reading the opponent, mind games, the subtlety of exchange. So the intent would be don't hold back, don't play games, don't poke with weak attacks, just come at me as hard as you can.

This has been a serious post about the OGMD translation from Caphi. I promise it won't happen again.

Ah, so "you don't need any bargain" would be like "I won't need any tricks to deal with you" or something like that? Nice. Thanks for clearing it up!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Endorph posted:

"No Need for tricks or cheap shots. Just come at me."

Caphi posted:

I think it's still pointed outward so it's more like "You don't have to play any games with me."

That definitely makes more sense as it's a reaction to getting hit. Thanks again!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
For me as soon as I bought it the webpage showed me the codes. I also got an email with a link to the codes as well.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Rascyc posted:

So I thought they weren't going to do the encyclopedia. Did they leave in the info tabs?

Keywords and encyclopedia are in. They said they weren't doing the "previously on..." recap of the entire storyline.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I think it's Beginner mode to get them on your first playthrough, after that you just get them. It mentions automatically getting the 70 kill prizes once you've done it once. Is that for the case that if you get 70 kills and then you have less than 70 kills on the next playthrough due to the carryover percentage?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Everything ni the game looks super good! I really like the new proportions on the Wurger too.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The big one I keep losing my mind over is RA-GAES. For some reason Gardisord is striking me as wrong as well, but I don't know what its supposed to be or where it's from in the first place.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

GimmickMan posted:

Is... Is one of the Z3 baddies seriously named Tempty Titty?

...Tomino would be proud.

When you first meet her she says her name is Titty (Tytty or however you want to spell it) and then later she's Tempty of whatever emotion she's meant to be.

Doctrine is voiced by Old Joseph Joestar and I really want Bullet, Viletta and Shu to fight him because I'm stupid and love voice actor jokes.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Take his with a grain of salt because I'm bad, but also this works even in the hands of an idiot like me.

A real cool combo setup is Kyosuke + Sanger and Ratsel + Excellen. Sanger has quicken and that's pretty much all Kyosuke needs out of a partner. Excellen gets to steal Ratsel's ridiculous stats and he gets enough of her evasion to tip him over into dodge master territory. The actual powerful bit is Ratsel has enough skill with his ace bonus that ~20 points will allow him to support himself against everything. Excellen has the stat share move so she can do it too if you get her the same self support skill and you end up with Ratsel and Excellen throwing out double Tornado Blades and Rampage Ghosts every time they attack. The downside to this arrangement is then Sanger is in the back of a twin and that hurts me deep inside.

Kyosuke + Arriere is good because she has the zoom spell and their attacks are incredibly compatible, but also not so good because it means you can't EDN with her and EDN is really freakin' strong. I tend to pair her up with a super that needs accel, like Irm or the Chokijins.

The easiest mondo megapowerful maximum break setup is Viletta + Seolla, Ryusei + Latooni, Kyosuke + Sanger, Ratsel + Excellen because then each team has accelerate (once Ryusei is in SRX) and both Viletta and Kyosuke can Maximum Break a full round of Rampage Ghost + HTB Cannon + RHB + TBS. WIth that all you have to worry about is where Arado and Shine are and you can put them together if you want, but I put Arado with Kai so Kai can Maximum Break 3 combo attacks and Shine just floats around with Resupply units to keep the spam going. I think Arado + Arriere is impossible to place in a position where she can EDN and he can TBS with this setup, but I am really bad at that sort of thing. Basically if you're going for maximum damage a turn you want someone capable of a combo attack with a Maximum Break initiator so you can arrange the most combo attacks from it and you NEVER want both halves of a combo attack in the same twin because doing so limits the number of them you can fire off per turn. The +1 level of relationship for being in a twin together doesn't make up for being able to fire off 1 less attack.

MarsDragon posted:

His ultimate dream was to be ridden by Sanger. This is Fact.

EDIT: Shine's crush on Rai is actually pretty good, because last I checked, OG let subpilots count for relationship bonuses. All you have to do is put Shine next to the SRX for a nice little damage boost.

Subpilots do indeed count, though they only count as being adjacent rather than the +1 level for being in the actual twin. Ryusei gets +20% accuracy and evade in SRX from the double Level 2 friendship from Rai and Aya

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

GimmickMan posted:

Speaking of abilities, does MD have a viable user for the "Beam Damage Up" ability? I think it was the only damage ability from OG2nd that didn't seem useful.

Excellen is the most viable I think. Other than that I think the most beam attacks on a unit is the Gespensts in the cannon mode. It's definitely not the most widely applicable damage buff.

ImpAtom posted:

Generally:

Continuous Action (extra action on enemy kill) which makes several SR points much easier and is overall a good skill.
The Maximum Break skill on whoever you want to use as your boss killer assuming they are not someone who has it already.
Break Morale Limit.
Attack Again if someone has a high skill.
Just pump it into their relevant damage stat for hilarious gains.
Support Attack on anyone who doesn't have it.

I always grabe Resolve (+5 starting will) as a default too. It's boring, but solid, though slots are at a premium.

Speaking of slots, how long until the deploy slots ramp up? I know I'm early game still but being able to only deploy 9 teams at most when there are 21 full teams available is forcing me to make some tough decisions on who my favourites are.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Policenaut posted:

Wow, it certainly is something to finally play an English SRW in HD like this. Can't wait to see SRW V like this!

Anyway, quick question: do upgrades on Compati Kaiser cross over for the different variations? So if I dump cash into getting its Accuracy to 50% in G mode, does regular Kaiser mode reflect that as well?

All CompatiKaiser upgrades apply to all modes, even Shouko's little plane.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah having 10 teams to deploy and then needing to find 3 slots in there for Ryusei+Rai+Aya sucks right now. Not that it matters really because Ryusei doesn't even have TK level 4 to be able to use the big move. The forced deployment stage for SRX team even has them all instantly combine before you get to move them! Rampage Ghost, Tornado Blade and TBS with the occasional EDN thrown in from Arierre is doing fine though. I was gonna say that I was sure that by this point in 2ndOG we were up to 15 teams but at this point in 2ndOG I'd be just past the La Gias part and 2 stages deep in the only 5 people available event stages so. But once everyone was back together it was 15 (including forced deploys) before opening up more for the last 5 or so stages.

There's like 5 more teams worth of dudes I wanna deploy. I'm gonna have to kick out Alfimi for Soulsaber because it 's their debut and I feel bad benching them!

I wish the Boxer had an ALL attack.

MarsDragon posted:

Hell no, I want to be able to use the AR-series.

But also on the other hand I want to do this also and I suppose someone has to get cut somewhere.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Oh Snapple! posted:

I think part of the problem with the slot limit for me right now is the amount of new/returning units. In terms of new there's Soulsaber, Granteed, Bellzelute, Haken, and I'm gonna add Yon to that list 'cause I didn't play Dark Prison. Then on top of that, Rio and Ryoto finally got their good units back and I want to use them again. Throw in the Grungust Type 2 and that's...a sizeable list of units I don't want to bench just because I want to actually have some time with them, and not benching them means some tough choices when it comes to my favorites.

I had Katina + Tasuku in the Boxers until the 2 Grungust Type 2 turned up and now I have Viletta in the Gunner and nobody is in a Boxer!!! What's even the point. Maybe I'll put Katina in the Type 3 or Grungust kai and Irm can Boxer?? I've got Leona in the ExExbein instead of Ing even though she is 100% a worse choice right now because of Continuous Action I like her way more

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
So. What the heck is Irm's "Big Service" meant to be? And I'm having trouble figuring out "All you need is fire and pierce!" as well. I think I get what he's going for.

Katina yelling "I should have got on the one with drills" when you do the G-Combi attack in the Grungust Type 3 and yelling at Russell to get a grindstone when she does it's finisher are incredible though.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
That's pretty much what I thought for Kyosuke. Thank you wonderful language friends!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

KoB posted:

Man, these final bosses spamming Iron Wall multiple times is really not fun!

E: doing new game + now, it says it carries over "AP", what's that?

I hope they were nice enough to give us a Mindblast to deal with the spells otherwise that's gonna be hell.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Glad I'm not the only one that finds regular Granteed to be thoroughly underwhelming. Not much armour, can't hit due to size and slow as heck. My Granteed has 7 accuracy upgrades and it still can't hit for toffee without Strike. It's also responsible for the stupidest SR point where you have to just hide everyone in the battleship and wait for the enemies to come to the immobile Granteed and hope they don't blow up the ship. Meanwhile the Bellezelute is strong out of the box, crazy fast, the upgrade is outrageously powerful and Calvina is incredible.

For some reason I thought the Lamalice were an old thing and they were just being faithful to an older design so I was giving them a bit of a pass based on that. I will say getting the Cana and then the other ones in a single counterattack phase is satisfying the first few times though. Kanan, Taihou, Kukuru, ToTetsuOu and the yokijin themselves were weird and cool. The ghosts things so far look like Mischief Maker critters and have a Guyver Megasmasher. Looking forward to seeing where they go though, fingers crossed it won't be another 4 years!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
You can tell it's 1 or 2 editing passes from being totally fine. I don't know if it's where I've got used to it but it definitely feels like it was worse at the start. Touya's dream sequence was particularly not so hot.

MechaX posted:

So can I put Calvnina in the Granteed like I did in J?

Nope! Plot declares that only Touya can use it.

Thinking about it, there's not been many characters since the original two OG games that you can actually swap around. Why can't I put Josh in a Grungust? Hugo can't handle a Gespenst? The guys around for the first two games have a pretty big pool of stuff they can all share and swap round. At least the Aile Chevalier is allowed to equip weapons this time.

Oh! And Haken says "Hikari ni nare" for the Boost Hammer, in case anybody else cares!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
He can figure something out! I also realised that maybe Hugo won't pilot a Gespenst because of what happened with Foglia. I'm sorry Hugo I didn't mean it like that.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ImpAtom posted:

I'm really glad the Exexbein isn't pilot locked anymore but I wish the Garmried and Cerberus weren't. It's super-annoying having two units that can't be piloted by anyone else.

Yeah, especially because one will always be empty!

Is Gilliam's ace as bad it reads on the wiki? Auto-scan within 10 squares? And I wish Aussenseiter proc'd Ratsel's by itself but I guess he'll have to hang near Gilliam for a while. IS there a list of what counts as what colour, I'm colour blind so it would be nice. For Haken's ace: do subpilots count? If so then twinning him with Ibis gets him +20% from Aschen + Ibis/Tsugumi/Sleigh and I don't think there's anything else with as many girls. Kei's ace in Z3 counted subpilots for sure, but it was a much more subtle effect damage-wise.

Caphi posted:

I'm not using them anyway, I can't even remember the last thing of any note Hugo or Aqua did. Someone probably commented on the DFC suit once. Again. Meanwhile Josh and Laci are supporting the hell out of Calvina's thing, and pretty much all the grunts have passed through one of the many scenes of Touya and Tenia in the mess hall. Maybe I just took the wrong splits but Hugo and Aqua might as well have not been in the game I read.

Haken calls Aqua Miss Celeb Legs or something and I think that's it. Hugo pipes up a bit in the Touya route at the start as the leader of the squad until Kai shows up and then is never seen or heard from again.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, it's pretty weak and actually annoying because it slows down turn starts.

Jesus I hadn't even thought of that aspect of it. If scan did the evasion down/accuracy up effect that it sometimes does (I think it did it in W?) then that'd be something, but just regular scan? I can see it saving me all of 3 of Eun's SP on the rare occasion I want to scan something.

Caphi posted:

You don't even need to be colorblind, I paired Katina (Gigan) with Sanger last time but now I have no idea if Dygenguar is considered black, red, both, or neither.

At least Katina's activates if she's in a red thing which should hopefully cover Red Grungust 2 + 3, Red Gespenst, GIgan, Red Exbein and Yuuki's Randgrith or whatever its called.

Dygenguard is black though? Geez. Thanks for the help!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah the Kyosuke/Sanger + Ratsel/Excellen combo deathball around the map anyway for me so that should be a good time. I'd expect the Type 0 to count too, but you'll soon find out once Ratsel is aced"

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Policenaut posted:

Do you guys have a list of suggested tag teams? I really don't know what kind of synergy I'm looking for right now and just kind of throwing people together that I think might work.

I wrote a thing but it's too big so: Kyosuke/Sanger, Ratsel/Excellen, Viletta/Seolla (give Viletta an ALL attack), Kai/Arado gives you the easiest access to 4 combo attacks with Maximum Breaks and the units are incredibly compatible and everybody has accelerate (except Kai who has raid, but put him in the Gespenst H gets him accel from Aschen). Ryusei/Latooni is what I use for SRX so I can MB them for HTB Cannon and RHB. 200PP on Ratsel and Excellen gets them both Attack Again so you can bust out double combo moves if you pump Ratsel's skill stat (which Excellen will borrow with the stat share spell).

I mostly just got for movement ranges, ALL attacks and weapon range compatibility when doing twins. Leona in the Exexbein with Yon in the Pfeil has done alright for me.

Oh Snapple! posted:

After going from 12 deployment slots + 2 forced deployments on one mission to a whopping loving 9 slots on the next, I may very well have just given my TV the finger.

Goddamn this is getting annoying.

Don't worry, it opens up pretty much right after that if you're at the stage I'm thinking of.

ShiunTouya posted:

You need to think out of the box. Axel has drive as his twin spirit command, that turns on Touya's post movement attack along with Orgone barrier and Axel's Attacker. If you aren't using accelerate every turn then I'm not sure how you're getting those SR points. You also need to slot an accuracy modifier item in Touya's slots because that 0 and -5 aren't going to do him any favors when enemies are as dodgy as they are.

Edit: There's also the Ability slots. People seem to forget about them often and they can make or break twins. The Full Block, Range and Movement abilities are pretty easy to get and game changing for any twins.

Devoting any of those resources to pretty much any other unit improves them way more than Granteed. Any unit with that amount of babying becomes an incredible monster while it gets Granteed to "decent" and yes everyone is using accelerate every turn but then Granteed is still 2 squares slower than everybody else.

You can work around the movement and you can get an SP Drink super early as a secret to help cover it's crippling accuracy problems, but that still leaves it with P-attack range and energy problems. You can pick two of it's problems to fix and it'll still have more unless you dedicate way more resources to it than any other unit. It's not so bad its unusable, but it is definitely towards the garbo end of units when you compare it to pretty much anything else. Oddly enough Calvina coming with Hit & Away makes her better suited to it than Touya. I've heard a lot of good things about Dracodeus though so I'm looking forward to that in the next few stages.

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 14, 2016

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Rim has Quicken from the start so she's my pick because I love to go fast.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Michiru's "kiss my gun" line for his kick. He's the Gantetsu Banchou, but "kiss my gan" but wrong can't be what happened here. What the heck is it meant to be?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Shine's idol career equipping her Fairlion with Basara style buffs would be good and a reason to bring her beyond RHB and Cheer/Bless. Though to be fair, Valored, stat share Royal Heartbreakers are good as hell.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Don't bother, you'll never get the 70 kills secrets on a first playthrough. There's only one secret unit you can really feasibly get:

Devant Org & Endlich Geist
Arriere must battle Endlich Geist 3 times within 3 turns on Stage 34.
Arriere (in Flickerei Geist) must battle Endlich Geist on the final stage. Both must survive the encounter.
Following that, Arriere must battle Endlich Geist again before XN-L spawns.

Beyond that, kill all the grunts in Earth stage 8/kill every enemy unit within 5 turns on Space stage 7 for an SP drink, and using a good variety of pilots/leveling lots of people up and getting lots of aces will get you the rest of the secrets.

There's one involving Calvina and Touya you can do first run also. You have to go Moon Route though.

Calvina must battle Jua-Mu on Stage 30 Moon Route (not needed in NG+).
Touya must destroy Coustwell Brachium during Stage 35 and have the Excellence Rescue on the map.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

For MD, what should I be using my PP for? Every other game I've played (GBA OG1/2, Alpha Gaiden), I've always just bought the cheapest abilities I could find as soon as I could, but I've been saving more in this game, and I've got about 400 on most of my main units at about mission 25. Should I just dump continuous action on everyone I can?

Continuous Action, Break Will Limit, MB Activate (for people in the front) and Support Attack are all good. The one that lowers the damage penalty for attacking someone in a different Twin position is also good for people in the back.

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 14, 2016

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

and some accuracy upgrades

I can tell you from experience that Granteed definitely need more than 7 accuracy upgrades!

ActionZero posted:

I'm sure someone told me that at the end of OG2nd Shine makes Latooni start moonlighting as an idol singer in Riksent. Is that true or was it just a fever dream?

Meanwhile I've barely started Moon Dwellers and I keep being confused by some of the design decisions. Why does Hugo get Hit and Away but Aqua doesn't? Why does the Gespenst Type N have a chain attack but the Type G doesn't?

At the end of 2ndOG someone says that they should totally start doing the Idol thing for real and Latooni could work the Fairlions into a routine and she gets embarassed but Ryusei goes "I'd love it!" and she says she'll give it some thought. I think.

A lot of the time the reason a thing will lack an F or C weapon is to get you to equip one. In the case of the Gespenst G its because it has a Post Movement ALL attack that is range 1 and uses the melee stat (effectively a C attack with rank 1 of the ability) and chain attacks are pretty worthless compared to an ALL attack 99% of the time anyway so nothing of value was lost.

GimmickMan posted:

Did the flashes of Asakim's sins, fate and DESPAIR!!!!11 during Ray Buster end up being anything meaningful?

Nope, fingers crossed for OG delving into it! There's a lot of cool speculation you can do about Asakim, but Z3 failed miserably at getting any of the interesting bits.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

GilliamYaeger posted:

By miss out, he means that the insane yelling is enemy only. It really does lose something without the pilot hamming it up.

Jua Mu's voice actor is really good.

Pureauthor posted:

Or next time ShanaMia will be his exclusive subpilot and the Powerpuffs get to hang out with noted cool characters Calvina and Al-Van.

There's three Powerpuffs and a princess, four robots to evenly spread them out in and then only three pilots! If they do a thing like the APT-Link or fixing the OS in the Exexbein and retrofit the Coustwell so its like the Bellzelute and can have a regular person pilot with a Powerpuff making everything work that'd be super cool.

I know I said earlier about a lack of pilot swapping for anything that came after OG1 and 2, but it turns out you can swap Sieg and Sally into all the regular stuff everybody else can and they can go in their stuff too! I didn't check to see if you could equip stuff on them, but I doubt it. Maybe next game like the Chevalier!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I was gonna say maybe its because the Bellzelute was built with the human/powerpuff combo in mind as part of The Project and the Coustwell is pure Fury tech, but you can put Calvina in the Coustwell if you want right? Which completely sinks that reason for why it shouldn't be allowed beyond "it's from J only people from J can pilot it"

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I wouldn't be surprised if Granteed was locked away for special reasons so Touya is in the Coustwell for the start of the next game. I'd love for it to be opened up like the Exexbein, part of the fun of OG is the swapping!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Shadow Mirror are defintely the sort of people that would design and build a custom mech for a pilot that is still an child before realizing that an actual human takes forever to grow compared to making a bioroid all set up and ready to go. Haken was lost as an infant so the last time Axel would have heard about him as of OG2 would have been when he was still a child. I think.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
OK language wizards I've got another one for you! The Grungust Type 2 finisher! I've managed to find stuff for the all the other Grungust attacks and stuff, but Honmeisatsu is eluding me. I'm sure it's something dark murder doomy calamitous karma-y from what I remember of the GBA and what the Grungust Kai's moves are called.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Its because Lemon dotes on her surrogate children way, way too much. Just look at her treatment of Lamia.

You can tell Lemon is a true Excellen by her ultimate iteration of the W series and the one she considers her perfect child is the one with the largest breasts and skimpiest skin-tight outfit.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Maximum Breaks are insanely powerful and are pretty much Continuous Action level of turn efficiency but for bosses instead of grunt clearing.

Hokuto posted:

I've been doing some research on this lately, so it's lesson time! Irm's attacks are taken from Nine Star Astrology, which adopts some principles of feng shui. Honmeisatsu (本命殺) is one of the directions of misfortune that you want to avoid going in, in this case because it represents killing (殺) your heart's desire (本命), ie, it will lead to the undoing of whatever it is that you want the most. Ankensatsu, or "dark sword killing" (暗剣殺) represents a sword stabbing out at you from the shadows, ie, misfortune striking you in an unexpected way. I think Shungokuken (瞬獄剣) has a similar origin but I'm not sure off the top of my head?

The thing about Nine Star Astrology is that I'm pretty sure it came from Hindu, then got shipped to Chinese, then got shipped to Japanese. I would really like to find out if these direction names have equivalents in the original Hindu version of the astrology, but so far I haven't had any luck there.

Something I DID find a Hindu equivalent of was Keito-Rago Ken (計都羅黑剣), which literally translates to Ketu-Rahu Sword. This is brought up in OG2 in a discussion after Ryukooh brings up 羅黑神 (The god Rahu) in its initial warnings to its pilots, and the conversation turns to Irm's attack names. Ketu and Rahu represent the twin stars of misfortune in Nine Star Astrology.

Hell yes, thank you for this lesson!

Caphi posted:

I believe, actually, that if you divide your ChoKiJin, act with the secondary, recombine, and then flip them, it actually spends the unit's turn (since that pilot has acted and they now can't transform back).

I think it doesn't let you transform. I had this happen the other day. I did Dragon stuff, recombined and thought I was really clever and then couldn't transform and was too far away for Tiger to do anything.

I've been doing Beginner Mode because I wanted to see their attempt at that sort of thing and scenario 39 is apparently only half of the regular version of the stage. Attack Crystal Dragoon twice for the SR point, ghosties show up, kill 3 of them they leave. The end. I'm guessing from akurasu having requirements about getting the battleships to a point that there's meant to be more steps to it than that. Geez though, what a waste of time. I got like 27k money from it and 20k of that was the SR point.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

GimmickMan posted:

I've been including people with Cooperative Attack in my Maximum Breaks all along because I did not know it was auto included in the MB. :downs:

Okay so let's see if I got what MBs do right now once and for all:
Is that everything?

The support attackers don't need support attack to be engaged in the MB either. I think it of it more as forcing an adjacent unit to attack for 10 will without using their turn.

Direct Attack/Smite/Fury whatever you want to call it doesn't ignore bunshin (Strike does though) or Lucky. It ignores all that other stuff though AND I think it ignores Guard and Prevail too. I might just be dreaming that bit though.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

GimmickMan posted:

Gilliam always stays silent on important matters and it is getting old. He could have helped make sense of issues like crossgates and XN-Geist XN-L but chose not to. Now he allows his friend to unknowingly order three people to commit suicide by piloting. It is pretty lovely of Viletta too, but she isn't hiding more stuff from everyone all the time forever.

Ehhh, he's going by that standard thing of not wanting to direct this world's future in that way by giving them stuff they don't discover for themselves because he's not a native and feels he doesn't have that right. Gilliam knows a lot, but I don't think he can see how everything will pan out 100% without using his special magic baby power (which he refuses to use because absolute power corrupts yada yada) so he doesn't go "destroy the Sympathia it's bad" when someone could very well come up with something to make it totally safe and be a boon for all of humanity. And as mentioned they did actually need the Sympathia to solve the ghosties so it's not like he was letting them do it for no reason at all.

I think Gilliam's rule is he will fight and do what he can to help save the world as problems arise, but he won't use his power to predict the future and change any of the fates that lead to those problems. If a situation ever arises that he and the Steel Dragons can't deal with then que sera, sera.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
They care but they aren't going to sit around and let Josh/the world die when they can help, even if it sucks for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caphi posted:

I am so done with guardmechs turtling with Orgone Clouds.

There are so many guys that defend or evade this game! I think in the whole of 2ndOG there was only one instance of enemies defending which was the Ruina intro with the weird dog ones forming a defensive ring around the base entrance. In Moon Dwellers there's been guys on every stage where the SR point is to kill everything if there's a special victory condition. At least the MP Huckebeins defend when attacked instead of trying to die using a 30% accuracy counter attack.

TheMajinZenki posted:

Speaking of which, how does Moon Dweller deal with it?y the way, as a progress report, the first 12 (of 39) missions of the game (including splits) are complete, currently working on 13.

So far it's been random ALLCAPS in story scenes. I think the guy who did the english thing for 2ndOG did an alright job by doing stuff like "Roger dodger bo-bodger" and a couple of bits like Monica's weird syntax thing. Turns out that sort of thing is really difficult to do!

Speaking of Lamia.

• Locked thread