Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
in all the DLC its Show and Chum because that was a different team or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
It's still the life sized Cham doll even though she's Chum now! This is bullshit!! I'm taking this to my local member of parliament! Terada you will regret this. The only way to make it up to me is OGs 4.

edit: and whats the TacP, money and Travel Charm for? Did one of the bonus things not work right?

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 20, 2018

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Most of the secrets are point based. Otherwise just completing the objectives you can on the combined routes will get you all but two I think.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Stage 33 on the Doakdar Route, the wiki says there are TacP for having Shibaraku fight Shogun Mifune. I can't seem to get it to happen? I had him fight Mifune before the Dunbine Event as well as after after and he says the exact same dialogue either way and Spero has no special discussion in the vault and no mention of TacP getting awarded. Does anyone have the Bible thingy to give reading it in Japanese a go to see if that says its something different?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Nice, thanks!

Apparently Cyber-Newtype doesn't boost the damage of mechs with the "+damage per level of Newtype" bonus thing in X? I am 99% sure it did in Z3 cos Kshatriya had it as a bonus and Marida boosted it I'm pretty certain

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I tested it and indeed it does not. Mashymere has Sazabi's move at 5400 with L6 Cybernewtype and Roux at L2 Newtype has it at 5500. Same damage boost as previous games, but only Newtype activates it. Piss.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah, Z3 is the really busted Continuous Action mechanic, only needing 2 points and there being an item that gives you +1 point when you earn any is pretty gross, add in Noriko's free Zeal at 150 or 170 Will and you're good. 2ndOGs and MD letting you have 3 turns if both units in a twin have it is also pretty rude considering how 2ndOGs at least pretends to attempt balance.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I did the tutorial and it seems alright, kinda Front Missiony? Units take their turns instead of player > enemy > player, you have a ton of weapons, take out the enemy body to get destroy them, I think limbs and head affect their stats, like they move less with no legs and can't aim very well with no head? Earn OP for every bop and then spend those like TacP eg Sousuke got the bop but you can power up Kurz if you want. Its fully voiced too so far, which is wild.

You have Not SP to cast Not Spirits with which you can level up to increase their power. Focus for a single attack, +50% damage for an attack, +5% accuracy/evasion until your next turn. Mostly just SRW stuff tweaked a little.

Zebulon posted:

Oh god I just got to mission 26 in SRW X. Someone please tell me there's a screenshot of Spero in full angry parrot mode, since this game has decided I'm not allowed to take them myself for any reason.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Ain't nothin' secret about it.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Maybe you get to swap mechs later on? Same as in SRW, sometimes guys are force deployed in their canon mech, eventually you're allowed to have all your poo poo left alone and not have Bullet autodeploy in just the plane half of the Grungust Type 3!!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Infinity Gaia posted:

No, the problem there is he keeps taking over Katina and Russel's mech for some reason. It's really annoying.

Yes! Exactly! It's bullshit! Just cast Yell for Kusuha already.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Weissritter posted:

V had that too I think. The boss had something to say for each of my deployed units.

Boss and Sayaka were attached to Koji and I'm pretty sure Asuka and Rei were attached to Shinji rather than their own thing. 99% sure that Saburota was attached to Akito as well as Black Mightgaine not having his own trigger and being attached to Mightgaine.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Puru Two has the same problem as Mashymere, in that she doesn't boost suits with the Newtype weapon damage boost custom bonus. Why did you do this SRW team...

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Izumi is good and so are Brunom and Hokuto. Always thanks to Brunom and Hokuto! And Caphi too! And anyone else I'm forgetting.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Ashsaber posted:

So, it looks like pretty much all the secrets that need me to take a specific route split all want me to take the boring ones? But all that requires that are, uh.... α Azieru, a couple Jagd Dogas and Glemy? Yeah, choosing the super routes all the way through. Might miss the special parts, especially the extra arms, but eh. It is possible to get Bizon without actually taking any of the Gundam/Buddy Complex routes, right?

Yup, the only things you cannot get if you take the Super route every time are those three things and the extra items. Everything else you can get because the point system is really good.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The Dunbine crew are great! Bug mechs! Fairies! Swords charged with power to shoot beams! And the Billbine is good if only because of "Aura giri-daaaAAaAAaaAaAAaaAaaaAaa" though Sho does do huge damage. Aced and with Attacker he ends up at something like +50% damage at 150 will or above and all his numbers are huge from the Custom Bonus and his really high Battler skill. He's pretty much insect mech Ryouma in terms of base damage output, but with a fairy friend instead of a fat friend. Buddy Complex however is maximum Generic Mecha Anime so its difficult to have strong feelings about it in any direction other than "oh, huh, its there I guess" so that's a natural reaction.

Reals vs the final boss basically amount to using Foresee all the time, or at least Disrupt + Focus/Instinct with a Foresee after their turn is done so they don't die to map attacks. Obviously you gave the OG the 11/11B birthday and loads of SP Up and recovery items and chose the Vault upgrade that makes Foresee cheaper in preparation for the Inevitable Real Killing Boss. X's isn't too bad if you have them super upgraded, but I was Super heavy, the only reals I used were Billbine, Sirbine, Hi-Nu, Sazabi, Zeta, ZZ, Vivian and the Nightingale. The only ones of those without a top tier fighting pilot in was Fa in the Nightingale and Vivian and they all have the spells needed to either not get hit or have Persist (or both!), so I can see it being much more difficult if you have to spend twice as much SP a turn on Foresee because you have way more people that need it. The other thing is having a bunch of support defenders with shields around, but that doesn't help so much against the rude boy map attacks.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Rossiu made a lot of tough decisions that it turned out he didn't have to because he was in an anime where yelling "nuh-uh!" louder solves all problems. The movie version where he goes "man, I hosed up" and his girlfriend slaps him instead of Simon and tells him he did good is much better. The final battle is also much better in the movie too!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ChrisBTY posted:

I bought it for the key ones.
I didn't know 3XL was a size though so they didn't have enough.
Does a size S bot need level 4 ignore size to do full damage to a 3XL?

Yup! Like Pureauthor said though, most Reals have a size ignoring finisher anyway. Wataru is a tiny Super that does one million damage, Kallen is a tiny invincible buzzsaw too. Amuro in the Hi-Nu should be putting out as much damage as pretty much everyone else on upgrade parity.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I'm saving Amuro in the Nu for when I do a Real run and people are fighting for the Hi-Nu! Geez! Wataru does a bunch of damage as his Will goes up because Saviour is a real rude skill.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Hell yeah! Been looking forward to Axel's Bogus Journey! Congrats on the release!

Nephrite posted:

Please just cheat at it and give yourself 99 of every part.

Show me the cheats. Gimme the cheats.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Having a game reward using the Dragonar boys (and others) as a squad with the EWAC guy being super useful is rad.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Blight Runner posted:

Thanks for the help everyone! :tipshat:

I preordered as soon as I heard a standalone FMP game was available. But then I read some reviews on the rushed release and lack of features compared to a true SRW game. Since this is my first serious foray into a SRW game, I suppose things will only get better. I just really wanted a stand alone FMP game to not suck. Heck, there is a destructoid review that said the Iron Will skill doesn't work at all. Things like that always break my heart from a gaming standpoint. I'll still play it through and try to 100% it.

My main issue so far, though I'm not very far in, is that gameplay amounts to 90% shoot gun at man with no real tactical or strategic considerations beyond range and ammo. Like, I'm pretty sure terrain bonuses and stuff don't exist? The Arbalest has one cool animation, but its the crew dealing with 3D and they're not super good at that. If you're not going to go full mondo rad animations you need to do more crunchy tactical stuff instead of what appears to be less. Every line being voiced is neat though!

I game over'd in the tutorial prologue because to advance the stage you have to hit Gauron and survive the action and I missed two 70% chance attacks when you can only take 3 hits from Gauron in melee because he always targets your body. Luckily once you game over it spits you to the intermission screen with all the money, XP and skill points you earned from slowly fighting the mooks before he shows up and they let you level up the Arbalest now because you've at least seen it in stage so I could go in with a bunch of extra guns. Seriously though, you fight 4 or 5 mooks on a stage where everyone's saying how amazing and cool and next level the Arbalest is and I ran out of ammo in all my guns killing the 4 or 5 mooks and had to resort to knifing them. Then Gauron shows up. Not the best effort the team have put forward for the whole "see how cool this toy is and then how strong this enemy is cos he's on even footing with you even with your new toy" thing.

Apparently its only ~26 stages with some side ones that open up that are good for grinding money and skill points with the extra endings being available on NG+, so hopefully it won't outstay its welcome for at least one run. I got L and A Portable and Neo to play dangit!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Sirbine inherits from Billbine.

Sho in the Billbine with the unique finisher, Marvel or Todd in Sirbine to tear it up with a Focus fairy is the primo way.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I've been saying that since V! Do it Terada.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
MD had a bunch of scenes that were just screaming "Alpha 3 is next, get ready" over and over so it would be really weird if they didn't.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ActionZero posted:

Everyone stop posting JRPG robots and consider the best JRPG robot.

Brute Justice, hero of goblin children everywhere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pdqUzOH_Hg

which has a final form where it grows wings and rider kicks the ground so hard it starts shooting fire everywhere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKDRsuABE-k&t=587s

Brute Justice is a huge Transformers reference and its rad.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
You can make a save at a route split decision and then just load that up and play the other stages to fill out the chart if you don't want to play through the whole thing a third time.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
You can replay every stage whenever you want and once you've gone through it once you can skip the part of the stage that's before you get to choose your units to deploy to get straight to the action.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
You can have multiple in battle saves that are treated just like regular saves so you should be good on not dying ever. You lose the mech, but not the pilot iirc.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Hell yeah, thanks for another good one Brunom!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
T lookin rad

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The robot definitely turns into an egg.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Blaze Dragon posted:

Romanization isn't an exact science and those are still correct unless official romanizations exist (I have no idea, I know nothing about Dunbine beyond what SRW has shown me).

That said "Noble" is still undeniably wrong but if that's the only mistake in the translation, it's a good translation...but I hope it's fixed.

Noble what it is in the official english dub of G Gundam so its actually correct! Couldn't tell you why they went with that, but they did.

Apparently Beltorchika's Children stuff, Crossbone and Last Red Shoulder are units only Not sure if regular Crossbone is units only or just Steel 7 and Skull Heart. Same as X basically.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wonder if Gunbuster will be post series again? I'd like to see those RX units again someday...and training montages!

edit: and I don't immediately recognize the art style of her character portrait. I have some feeling I've seen it before somewhere...

Maybe the "not perfectly on model redraw" dimension that a lot of the portraits from V and X came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Samurai Sanders posted:

So just have a save screen with save slots inside of battle same as at the intermission. And give the option to see the game end skits either place. SRW has become so calcified about stuff like that it's hard to even imagine these simple improvements.

G Gen Genesis has all saves being equal so you can have a bunch of mid mission saves as well as your intermission saves. That game's structure is obviously way different but I don't see why SRW wouldn't be able to have infinite mid mission saves, or even one per stage instead of just one total.

• Locked thread