Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
ahahhaha, definitely have done that before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Also people seem to be blaming lack of a vita version for slower, relative to its predecessor, sales on Cold Steel 3 so I'm not sure about the vita criticism at least in the context of Japan. At least with Cold Steel 3 there's a method to the madness in its international release but for SRW I'm not sure how much that type of strategy applies.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
That is the most serious trailer. Are we getting the new FMP anime soon? Mecha anime has been so lovely lately.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
My bet is Aldnoah.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Safe: Aldnoah
Unlikely: Valvrave
Wishful: Tekkaman

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I always thought megazone in Srw D was one of the weirder nserts. It's like two side missions and he then it's off to the main team. Do you ever go back to the city? I can't really remember.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Pureauthor posted:

What if they announce two games
Maybe toss something at the Switch

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Pretty happy to get Buddy Complex, it had a pretty good OST and a very insane Suzaku.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Just don't go the real robot route.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Gespenst AIs are gonna randomly appear in every stage, complete with locked 50% evasion rates and a passive that disables focus and lockon.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Hmm Buddy Complex looked a bit disappointing but everything else looking good. Bird Wizard surprisingly doing a lot for me. I loved the ~magic~ original in Neo so I think I'll enjoy this one.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
ahh I can't find the great booster support attack 4koma

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Kind of mixed on whether I should resume V or just start playing X. Seems like everyone was really happy with V though.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Hokuto posted:

RPGSite tweeted that today was an anniversary for SRW Alpha Gaiden, so I wrote up a small thread about the fan patch and my thoughts on it almost 10 years later.

https://twitter.com/dramata1/status/979500961667387400
That Lak passive poke about delays is so him, haha.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

MonsieurChoc posted:

I wussed out and restarted in Beginner Mode with Moon Dwellers because the SR points were too difficult.

I’m so ashamed. :negative:
I wouldn't be, they were all over the place and there's like two you have to manipulate the allied AI. They were not fun SRs.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm not touching this game until Impatom gives it his blessing :colbert:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does Buddy Complex ever become anything but a straight generic real robot anime but with a vaguely super robotty mind link kind of thing?
It's worth watching the clip of the antagonist going completely bonkers.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
How did expert mode turn out?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ChrisBTY posted:

poo poo. I thought avoiding international shipping costs would make the game 'less' expensive.
Feeling like I set up this SEA account for nothing.

And either way Playasia is not accepting my credit card for reasons unknown to me.

Try calling your bank, I had to whitelist play asia many years ago.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Tribladeofchaos posted:

It almost sounds like you used that guy you made those SRW translations on Gamefaqs. You know the one who insists Zeon is actually spelled Jiron?
Think more along the lines of HK Subs.

Personally I can't believe Gid's still going at it. His IRC chatroom was basically a home for my teenage years and I'm 35 years old lol

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Except OG2 was much harder than OG1, a game that had crazy power levels on the player side. You can't solely attribute power levels to overall difficulty, it's as much about map and enemy design in strategy games.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I only got into SRW a couple of years ago and I don't have the full context behind everything or whatever but Alpha 3 basically has to be the focus of the next OG game right? Like, there was also an unrelated game between the OG adaptions of Alpha 1 and 2 so after Moon Dwellers they're on schedule to do the final game. I guess it helps that I played 2nds OGs long after release so the wait doesn't feel so pronounced but i'm pretty confident Alpha 3 is next on their list.

I suppose what i'm saying is the announcement will definitely be about 3rd OGs the 7th game in the OG series.
If it is an OG game then yes it is definitely time. Last OG game was like J/GC which were both released around Alpha 3. W should get folded in since it pretty much screamed Alpha 3 tie-ins through the Akashic records.

That said it's a little early to be getting a major OG game, I think. Guess it depends on how much they want to recycle.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I think all of the Z Spheres in OG could be really cool if they get the whole cast together in one go.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I liked the bloat until MD and then it got to be a little too much. Like why were we reprising part of D's plot again and stuff like that? Ho hum.

Then again I have a hard time fairly judging MD as a buyer of its "English" version.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Feels like the voice cast taboos have been fading lately anyway.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Man, Bebop is so strange. Expelled is an odd choice too, isn't it a pretty mediocre movie or something?

Looking forward to GGG, Might with G Gundam in the same game. Got a soft spot for Harlock too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

KoB posted:

Very excited for GGG and the mexican sentai GGG to interact.
Yeah I really hope they do as much with Gun X Sword as they did in SRW K. That series practically carried K for me.

• Locked thread