Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
So wiill V's translation be any less clunky than Moon Wars? One of the reasons I stopped playing it was because it felt like the translation was all done in-house with Babelfish in like three days, was super offputting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
http://www.play-asia.com/super-robot-wars-v-english-subs/13/70a98f

This PlayAsia page still has Japanese text and stuff while the PS Store page seems to be down or not available or whatever. Should we just wait to preorder from the store? I'm not 100% confident it's the full on English version.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Ah, that must be it then. Weird that you still have region-locked stuff when the game is coming out in ENG either way.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
So the Singapore PSN store page still has this as a preorder, do we just wait for it to officially release? I'm sure it'll be soon, since it's the 23rd in Singapore's timezone.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Hearing about Black Gaine makes me worried I've missed a bunch of other goodies on the stages after Nine shows up for real, I guess since I'm only on like 16 now it's not that many, but I suppose that's what the wikis and future replays will be for!

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
There seems to be scant little information on secrets so far, like secret stages and so on.

So far it's been pretty easy to get the secret levels, like just having people kill the bosses from their series, but I just wonder if at some point I'll just miss a bunch because the wikis aren't updating faster than people can play through or whatever.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
The funny thing is that in this game, Boss is potentially a really solid support unit, if you give the Borot the ability to move and resupply, since it's actually a fairly mobile and tanky unit with Boss and the gang's spirit pools.

I just had a level for example where it got like 3 or 4 grunt kills, which is amazing considering it's supposed to be kind of a joke, at least compared to something like Getter or Mazinger.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
I wonder if the random choices you have to make, like 'go to this briefing or not' type choices have any impact on anything. They were usually pretty random, but they have to be doing something, right? Especially since they're not like route splits, for example.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
I just want a SRW with all Supers, as dumb as that would be. Reals (Gundams, let's be real) are totally lame compared to Getter, Mazinger, Gurren Lagann, etc.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Have to admit, I'm unreasonably excited to have Gurren Lagann in a mainline, English translated SRW game. Hopefully we end up with V's translation, rather than Moon Dwellers.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
For better or worse, the English localization is very 2018, I wonder if the original Japanese script was written the same way.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
It is pretty hilarious that somehow Akito might be the edgelordiest edgelord of that whole cast. We need like the Wing boys or something to get in there and try to out ellipses him, titanic of a struggle as that might be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
I feel like there should be a WOO! in there somewhere, I have a fondness for Aim For the Top.

• Locked thread