Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009
Remember when OG had space colonies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
Closing in on the endgame, mission 39. Crystal Dragoon spawns in and slowly comes at me. I dont move and skip two turns. He pulls back and summons Lamalice. I skip a turn and they all fuse, Debuduebduebdu appears and pulls everyone out. Mission over.

I literally didnt even move.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Man, these final bosses spamming Iron Wall multiple times is really not fun!

E: doing new game + now, it says it carries over "AP", what's that?

KoB fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Aug 13, 2016

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Coustwell. It is in MD but as a secret unit.

Without the finisher.

KoB
May 1, 2009
EX Hard blocks all upgrades of any kind, but I assume you just mean SR Point hard mode.

50% of all earned PP, AP, Money and also full kill counts.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I feel dumb that, just about 40 missions in, I have yet to use Maximum Break once. Or even understand it.

The tutorial was... Not particularly articulate on the subject, to be fair.

Two squads next to each other, all on the same plane (all in the air, all on the ground, etc), havent used their turn, and all need 140+ Will. People with MB activiate skill (Squad leaders like Irm, Katina, Kai, Viletta, Kyosuke have it natively) when attacking, can use "Maximum Break" instead of "Focus Attack"

KoB
May 1, 2009

MarsDragon posted:

Note that it also costs will to use, unless the pilot starting the attack is an aced Aya.

Specifically, all four units lose 10 will.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I dont think its ever mentioned. MD doesnt even have the "goes nuts" part. Jua-Mu just went regular crazy.

KoB
May 1, 2009

GimmickMan posted:

They need the Sympathia in MD? What for?

In OG its based on the Sytron system from the Fury. The Fury sealed the Cross Gate and built Fabula Fores.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Yeah, it kinda boils down to the fact that theyre good people that want to help.

KoB
May 1, 2009
It will be interesting to see how they handle the time jump in W. Could be a good excuse to shake things up. Only gotta wait 4 years!

KoB
May 1, 2009
I'd say they main problem here, that you didnt have in OG2, is that you have enough supers to basically fill out a team, all the main slots at least. Why use a slow rear end real robot with a little armor when you can just go the whole way and get the invincibility and firepower of a super robot?

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Because most of the 'real robots' hit as hard as a super robot but instead of tanking attacks just avoid the damage entirely. I mean Calvina alone is probably one of the singularly most broken units in the game.

The line between Real and Super in MD is rail-thin anyway.

I meant the 'Burg specifically, not all reals.

KoB
May 1, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

Are the quit skits in MD random? I wanna catch 'em all.

Yeah

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prism posted:

I used Raid and Accel (well, Quicken, but it's still Accel to me) and I still didn't make it quite in time. It doesn't help that Rai just ain't that fast, even when paired with someone faster.

If you keep items in NG+, I could definitely do it then, though. I'd only need a couple Boosters, one for each member of the team.

You dont. Special mode give you 1 of everything though.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prism posted:

Not even the... ability block things? There is a movement one in there. RIP.

The Ability things work like money/PP. You carry over a portion of AP and buy what you want.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Is there a way to get my save from my NA account onto my Singapore account so I could use it and download dlc?

Im assuming no.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Gunleon has a giant wrench so I think its pretty clear which you should choose.

KoB
May 1, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

To put it in perspective how ridiculous the Bellzelute Brigandi is, the Bellzelute's singular P attack is a base 3500 damage 10 ammo attack. The Bellzelute Brigandi has two P attacks, and the stronger one is a 1-3 ALL with base 4600 damage and no ammo requirements whatsoever. It only needs 105 Will to be accessible too, it's just crazy.

Meanwhile poor Dracodeus just gets like, +300 damage to everything. It doesn't even get its finisher until the third to last stage. Cybuster and Granzon are a similar hilariously unbalanced comparison, though at least there's a plot reason for that.

Throw in the rather questionable Ace bonus decisions, and honestly I'd say the unit balance in this game is pretty wacky.

EDIT: Oh, and as a sidenote: 4600 was the base damage of the vanilla Bellzelute's finisher.

Granzon/Cybuster is especially funny since Shu acts like the defacto leader of the MK dudes and even has the MB activate skill.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I think Z let you press Square on the counterattack screen to bring up your attack choices but MD doesnt. That was really handy.

KoB
May 1, 2009
They also ditch the skip animation button. Some games let you press square to skip the current attack animation to jump to the other.

I wish they'd get the different teams on the same page.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Caphi posted:

I don't think I've seen Yuuki and Carla talk to each other lately. They're nominally an Alpha pair but they're just sort of there, and so are their default robots, for that matter.

Actually, I feel like I haven't seen Yuuki talk much lately, period. Carla at least hangs out in the mess with the other grunt-kids sometimes. You'd think he'd at least show up to offer someone some tea.

He makes a few tea references :shrug:

KoB
May 1, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

Thread is up. I went ahead and added Dr Pepper to the player list. We need one more person.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789063

Soulgain isnt obtainable in OG2.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Also Huckebein MK III Trombe/ MK III R and Vaisaga/Ashsaber are mutually exclusive.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It's basically just a retelling of SRWJ with the GC guys along for the ride.

I mean, the game is called Moon Dwellers.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Montegoraon posted:

Wasn't the word that the Z series wouldn't be included in OG? You know, because of reasons.

No. They only thing they ever said was that Z was not specifically designed with the idea of integration into OG.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Asakim turned out so terrible it will hopefully be more interesting when its actually tied into Masaki.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Caphi posted:

Touma was just there in @3, but in OG he's worse because his existent plot was "bums around the ship and harasses Minaki until she just gives him her dad's robot."

Makes more sense than giving the pizza delivery boy a giant robot within 5 minutes.

KoB
May 1, 2009
If I didnt like the gameplay I would just watch youtube videos.

KoB
May 1, 2009

what a world we live in.

KoB
May 1, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

All mechs have a choice between some generic bonuses and a custom one suited just for that mech.

99% of the time you should just take the custom one.

No, you get the custom one and get to pick a generic one.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Tekkaman Blade is fuckin cool :colbert:

How can you not get hype when he yells VOLETKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

KoB
May 1, 2009
I meant to refer to Caphi specifically.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Moon Dwellers has each pilot carry over their individual earned PP.

First New game + is 50% money/PP/Ability points and all kills as well.

KoB
May 1, 2009
All the GC stuff was changed a bit.

KoB fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 19, 2016

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ashsaber posted:

And uh, roughly when does my namesake mech show up? I would feel bad if I didn't put a lot of love into it.

mission 12

KoB
May 1, 2009
Calvina will probably be there with Beelzelute in regular form from the beginning. They might even do something like "Touya is visiting and brought a Vorlent"

KoB
May 1, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

So, I'm on the verge of MD's infamous XO finale. Considering I heard horror stories about it and Iladouya's precision bombing, does anyone have any helpful tips for me to know?

Bosses wont use map attacks if they'll hit friendlies.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Maybe its just the Cyflash-like ones. I definitely stopped the last few big bosses from using them by keeping an enemy alive in the radius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
G Gen never really have much story anyway.

• Locked thread