Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

How is it any different from all the other 70s series like Mazinger and Getter Robo?

Mazinger Z and Getter Robo had plots, in a sense. They were mostly monster of the week stories, but you got some two parters, the status quo changed a bit, characters died or betrayed each other or villains got killed off. Mostly just to keep the monster of the week stuff from getting too stale, but still, if you were bored you could probably edit Mazinger Z into a show that felt like it had an actual forward narrative.

Trider G7 literally doesn't have a plot. Or, well, a plot in the super robot sense. Trider G7's much more a predecessor to stuff like ojamajo doremi than any super robot show, or a successor to mildly high-premise rural town comedies like Akko-chan and Osomatsu-san. It's a show where the focus is on the town where the main character lives, the people in it, building a supporting cast and having them interact with each other and with the main characters. The last episode doesn't even have a single fight in it, and the plot ends when the evil machine empire just goes 'man, why do we keep invading the earth' and goes home. Watta never even meets any of the villains outside of one defector who exists just to explain where the Trider even came from. Heck, the problems of the week usually barely relate to the giant robot or the machine empire.

Imagine a sitcom where all the characters work at a restaurant, and the opening episode is all about how they work at a restaurant, but the fact that they all work at a restaurant is mostly just used as a punchline or as an excuse for all of them to be at the same place from that point on. Trider's like that, but with a giant robot. Adapting Trider G7's 'plot' would involve multiple stages where Ryoma has to tell seven year olds why stealing is wrong, or everyone standing around awkwardly while Watta gets told what a miscarriage is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I buy all my SRW games off Hong Kong sellers on eBay for about $5-10 CAD less than what a game costs natively in-store in my country. No customs fees to worry about either.
Yeah, it's insanely easy and there's tons of pretty reliable sellers. I've bought like three games off some dude named Mario(a bunch of numbers) and they've all come quick and easy and the last time he even included a little greeting card.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super Robot Wars T: Gundam Fight! Ready? 1, 2, 3, Let's Jam!

• Locked thread