Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure Mazinkaiser SKL and Mazinger Zero having a combo attack would jut be a half-second shot of the Earth exploding.

Still a better situation than a Demonbane and Getter Emperor teamup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Speaking of OG things being wasted, I'm not hugely familiar with any SRW games that didn't have an engish release, but a friend of mine who is always laments how Asakim was an absolute wet fart of a character who wasted a bunch of foreshadowing with his name, appearance, and weird reference attack thing.

Was he really that bad?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Also her Limit Break is basically a SRW attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECINnjJ2TOY

https://twitter.com/w_i_n_t_e_r_/status/923441810315272192

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm happy with just getting everything on PS4 from now on. It has other games I want to play besides srw as well as srw, which is important to me.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The entire AC1 series is a PS1 classic, and worth giving a shot.

AC2 is amazing, my personal favorite. AC2AA is literally a mission expansion pack for all the pros and cons that you could possibly associate with that concept.

3 is solid but slower, and 3SL is even better, if a 100%er's nightmare.

Nexus is slower again, but has dual analog control if you're into that sort of thing, but also had some pretty heavy nerfs to sighting to make up for it. NB is a full game of training missions and time/score attacks. LR is probably the final love letter to the classic style and exists purely to break people.

4 is an embarrassment, made up for a bit by 4A being pretty alright.

The portable games are alright for portable and V/VD didn't happen.

There you go, ten second AC series primer.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Honestly, the entire series has great music if you're into synth/techno stuff. Kota Hoshino is a glorious madman who just does whatever he wants when composing and somehow his experiments turn out great. Having played the series from the start, watching his evolution in real time has been crazy, especially now that he's made FreQuency into its own sort of synth pop/rock band.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I know SRW has a history of saving really bad shows but let's not expect them to do the impossible.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I wasn't talking about AGE. At least AGE has one or two good looking suits that'd be cool to see in SRW if nothing else.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I sort of struggle to imagine a world where G-Reco doesn't have 'one or two' suits that would look good in SRW.

Not even joking, a while back I just went down the wiki's list of all the suits in the show to see if there was at least one thing that looked appealing or at least serviceable.

Everything is either just so lanky, bulbous, or just weirdly twisted around.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

For poo poo I'd actually want to see in SRW though, I wonder if they could somehow throw the Sidonia and the Tsugumori/Gardes into SRW somehow.

It wouldn't be hard to have them go through a portal or something, or maybe be stumbled upon in space by an expedition or something. Fighting Gauna would suck so hard though.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So long as I got KOS-MOS, T-Elos, and maybe even Emeralda if they can wrangle it. Oh and it'd be nice to maybe have MMX in there too.

Actually poo poo I'm just starting to describe PXZ.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Patlabor and J-Decker in the same SRW game. It'll be great.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh poo poo oh gently caress I can't wait :allears:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm gonna roll for Macross Delta

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

HitTheTargets posted:

A remastered Masoukishin SaGa would be four games long. Impact isn't even that long!

I know what you meant, but now I really want an SRW universe game with SaGa mechanics like Sparking and combo attacks.

There's even enough weird morphing mechs that you can replicate Monsters by eating other units or Mystics by just tearing off limbs and putting them on to yourself.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Goddammit you fuckers stop playing games with my heart.

Though I think I need this music stream now.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There's more art for any given game in the series than there is for V.

A fitting punishment.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

OG games are good.

People who don't like OG games are bad.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well I'm sad that there's no IBO, but Zero, Ange, and Gaine being back is nice. Hopefully Beltorchika's Children means we get a playable Nightingale at some point. Not having Xi and Penelope back kinda blows too.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MechaX posted:

On one hand, I want to see if its units only with Cross Ange (well, just give me Ange and the Vilkiss, everyone else can kick rocks).

Sala needs to be playable from the start :colbert:

Also I didn't recognize Wataru and it through me through a loop since I did kind of recognize the mech.

oh god drat it

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ping a mod.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Impact or a fresh file F Final

which is more painful

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Caphi posted:

Speaking of sidekicks I hope Ange and Salako get a combination attack this time.

:same:

Not like Sala needs a combo attack, or really any support in general to nuke the entire enemy squad given how cheap, powerful, and long ranged her final attack is.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I've been trying it, and it feels really slow, but I'm also trying to learn it on a controller for the first time while I try to learn how they changed everything.

I can't seem to get the Armor Purge to work on Raiden, but I don't know if it's because they took it out or because I'm doing something horribly wrong since it's all different.

I'd rather have a VOOT PS4 port tbh.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/954360977734057984

:toot:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/956028466968788994

:toot:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So you're saying you want more AGE in SRW?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh hell yeah playable Nightingale and Sala gets some proper cutins.

The Enryugo attack shown is exactly the same as the SRWV one though so hopefully it gets more attacks. I guess if it's the same level of OP as in V though it really won't matter that much even if it doesn't.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

I still like BLACK STRANGER, it's a rad song with that one guitar part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NElFwqs5OJc

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/GideonZhi/status/971404587373506560

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't mind the early stages of like MD or V for the most part, but there's always that one early game mission that wants you to bring enemies down to critical without killing them, which takes a lot of fun out of the NG+ curbstomp run.

I wish they'd limit that sort of thing to just secrets or whatever.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm super excited and looking forward to getting it, here's hoping I can still get my hands on a physical copy whenever I have some free money to throw around. I don't know how hard it is to get copies of like MD or V nowadays, but I hope the print run was at least large enough that it won't be too difficult.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Which is idiotic cause those VS games play like a tire fire

:yikes:/:wrong:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah but when's the next OG game?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

To hell with Mechwarrior, put in Armored Core.

I wanna field a team with Evangel, Zinaida, and Leos Klein

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'd like to see Sidonia and Gun X Sword in that, also maybe bullshit in Casshern Sins in with Casshern just being a single XXXS unit?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/ValkyrieXY/status/1038041752173719562

Huh, cool.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Honestly, I'm gonna be the weirdo here. I actually kinda like the OG bloat, and I think that I probably like the OG games more than the mainline stuff in a lot of ways. Admittedly, I'm kind of stuck and find myself getting lost in a lot of places because I'm only really capable of playing stuff in English, but I absolutely love the fact that OG has a huge cast so that at the very least there's enough people to make up a full squad of people I really like in suits I really like no matter what, even on routesplits. And the 'put anyone in anything (mostly), and chances are they'll have some unique lines in it to boot' factor really helps out there.

I mean, yeah, sure, putting Haken in the Vysaga and Latooni in the Gespenst Haken and so on and so forth probably isn't optimal by any means, but I honestly kinda enjoy micromanaging pilots and stuff like that, and just playing around to try different voice tracks and stuff is fun.

What I'm saying is OGs3 needs Jyaki-GUN-Oh piloted by Suzuka in a G Gundam style cockpit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Please be true because I need Delta

• Locked thread