Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ibo and g reco is like asking if you're a Celtics or lakers fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Most of the upgrades were one-ofs. They can just story-gate the upgraded forms for both G-Reco and Barbatos, it's not like there's a fundamental difference between Barbatos and how the Wing Gundams eventually become upgraded and then Endless Watlzed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I remember the good ole days in which you needed Bright to kill an Angel with the battleship's melee attack to get maximum SP points

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

I feel like at this point the last barrier SRW has to overcome is getting Transformers in

Nah, it's Sentai. You get ranges for both the zords and Kame Riders power suits like the Tekkaman guys.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I don't think I've ever done that, usually I don't have enough trouble getting people to a place in time and ironically the few missions I can think of where it's an issue are ones where the carrier isn't available because they tend to gimmick harder because of that.

There's a few missions in Z1 where the time limit was extremely tight (kill all enemies which some were battleships) by turn 5 when most of the units were ground units among a forest map. Every little single turn counts when you're doing a no-upgrade run.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Zyuranger has seen a lot more via cameos recently at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, it seems kinda silly that developers are surprised that if you open your game to expand from the population of Japan to...the world, you pick up a few more sales that it's worth even a haphazard translation effort.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only good Z game was 1

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I want the games to go back to squad systems or even just partner systems permanently. A giant roster is kinda wasted if it's just single units.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also the main benefit is making support units like the super gundam actually relevant

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Original OG1 was kinda bad for variety's sake because it was basically 90% variations of Gespents.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Cybuster was good in OG2 in that he was not a poo poo unit for the first half of the game when it was basically pre-deployed central. Also he had an AoE which were pretty much needed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only thing that prevents a series from being in srw is a licencing issue

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They have a billion zoids, Betterman, uh...Jinki?

The 2000's has also been kinda milked for most of its IPs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

G-Reco is the 2010's

Yes, it's almost 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The 5+ pilot robots always seem way squisher than the lesser pilot giant robots like Big O for whatever reason.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They're good, but in the context of J, not as good as the absurdly broken reals like the entire Tekkaman squad and Justice/Freedom.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They will use the 0079 setting again when the eventual reboot series happens.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kanos posted:

Alpha 3 has a bit of a scale issue where it's a galactic-level conflict culminating in a giant battle against the living personification of entropy, so that's sort of hard to top. It feels like a natural conclusion so that's probably why they've been putting it off for so long.

Alpha 3's problem is randomly going back to Earth in the final 10 stages because Gundam SEED

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Banjo was basically a main character in z1.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Amuro will get the Nu Gundam as his upgrade as per tradition

especially if CCA is not remotely involved

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

When are they going to animate the story where a bunch of Crossbone era mobile suits get their poo poo wrecked by Zakus piloted by Monkeys because they're too physically big to fight

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Upgrading mechs IS the gamebreaker. The game's have been designed to play without upgrades for quite a while.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kingdom Hearts 3 is actually the 25th game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I hated everytime they have a unit who's mostly long range non-post move moves with no innate hit and run. That was Wing Zero's story for like a decade.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Focus seems terrible in late game mission considering they're always a billion turns long, and you can't freely abuse stuff like Loran casting +30 will at the beginning and then using a Soul+Butterly every other turn.

Partly why I never liked putting Amuro in the Turn A back in Z1.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

If you're abusing mechanics you can often end up making very very late game missions take only 1-2 turns through various mechanics. This is where Focus shines because the saved SP that comes with restoring SP with items/spells pays off a lot more in a single turn.

Not in Z1. A ton of those missions are just like 2-3 hour fests, like the one mission that basically requires you to pre-aim an AoE at a spawn point of Titans. Or that one map where you have to kill like 7 series bosses across a huge map.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only reason I could think to still keep Radha is that she's a psychic foreshadow story plot. Any random threat, Oh Radha suddenly got a feeling.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

3ds isn't dead for like 2 more years

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also, Bandai is already putting games on the switch.

Wii U was just a weird time in which the ps3, Vita, and 3ds were at their height of power so a 4th console was probably stretching it too thin for them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I liked Z1 OG stories

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

R was time travel, yes. D was "everything is horrible"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Z1 has shown me that being a fan of mecha in the 80's was a miserable experience, after I got the bad end Baldios ending

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Then the new characters introduced in the next game have time to breathe.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I thought I read that they make way more profit on OGS games since they get all the profit as opposed to a billion split revenue?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The J patch was released in 2010?? That...that can't be right.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm on the train that says, if this SRW is slated for translation like V, it will not have Macross. Simply because of the poo poo involving Harmony Gold.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Even fake leaked lists are taking out Macross. Everyone knows the deal now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Literal series have shown up in series as just guests, I never understood some people going "It's impossible for it to be there!" in a series about dimensional holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

No Macross, not even the new one. So it seems like that franchise is just gone forever in the future as long as they keep doing these SEA translations.

• Locked thread