Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Course mode in Extreme Vs Force is super fun and I can't believe that the original release shipped without it since it's such a fun mode and an easy way to earn GP withou having to grind in the main mode. Also the Ez8 is fun because I love blowing up world beating super suits with just an artillery cannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

When's 100ft Robot Golf being added to X-Omega Banpresto?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Watching all the stuff from the EVA vs Godzilla event in X-Omega just makes me want Akane and Kiryu in a big boy SRW because Akane is extremely good and should be in as many things as possible.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

G Generation Genesis is going to be at the Sony booth at TGS so look forward to some more gameplay.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

It'd be nice if they eventually start doing releases in the West because importing isn't exactly something I can afford to do most of the time.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I don't even buy new unless I have something to trade in at a gamestop or have extra from a holiday payday saved up. Most of the time I grab stuff at $40 max.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I'm still playing VS Force off and on, its still fun but I'm not a fan of the game using the Char version of the Rick Dias as standard troops instead of the actual MP Rick. It's not that bad when you can pick your squad layout but on missions where you're locked into a bunch of 500-1000 cost MP troops it's a loving nightmare trying to make any progress.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Extremely good poo poo but I am still the idiot hoping for a western release.

Also I finished Extreme Vs Force and I can say it's pretty good. The Force battles were pretty fun even if Vs stuff was lacking. The last chapter was the high point for Force stuff and the final battle was legitimately fun for me, especially since I went for the medal for only 2000 point units and they bothered to have the different waves spawn in at different positions each time so you have to keep your squads moving and pop force commands when you need them. Not sure if I'm going to go far into the post game since I don't trust Bandai Namco licensed stuff to not pump it full of bullshit, but I think I got my money's worth. Only real problem I had was the story being nothing until the end where it tried and failed to pull together anything of worth. Also I think the ending is supposed to tie into something else but gently caress if I'll bother to find out.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Revitalized posted:

I wonder if Bamco will have streaming disabled on it like they did with Gundam Breaker 3. Also, it seems like only Thunderbolt units? No Thunderbolt scenarios?

Also, did OG Moon Dwellers have any sort of first print bonus?

Bandai Namco seems to really hate built streaming because most of the games I've played from them lately will either block out literally every cutscene no matter how unimportant, or will just not allow you to stream after a certain point.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Hopefully the ten copies of Vs Force that sold here are enough to bring back Gundam games.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

https://youtu.be/myk7CT2WZGE Fresh new trailer for G Gen

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

VS Force stuck to instrumentals and didn't have any opening songs or anything that would need a license, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did that for the international versions.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

They use Quicken because everyone gets really excited for personal finance. They go faster so they can do some trading before the markets close.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I'm looking forward to using RunFast in the near future

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

If they don't have a Ple combo attack then this game will be a failure. Alternatively have the Marida survival condition involve being saved by the other Ples.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

Just give us the Gotengo.

Make sure to bring Captain Gordon too. Also Kiryu and Akane.

Just add Godzilla please SRW you're almost there he's in X-O already

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I remember that fanfic. It was really terrible, like most fan ideas to "fix" Shinji. Turns out the most consistent way to improve the emotionally hosed teen is to give him a network of friends who encourage and help him, like SRW tends to.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Huh. The translation so far seems like a step up from Moon Dwellers.

I really wish I had the money for this. Hoping this somehow gets brought over or I magically get a payraise so I can import.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Making a Singapore PSN account is really easy(as they use English for all aspects of it), as is getting the needed Singapore money

I get most of my games through trade ins and sales so pretty much all my psn cards come from that.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I love how it's specifically Turn A as a hellbeast that ended the world instead of Loran's dancing graceful heroic Turn A piloting.

Also yay Bell is playable!

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

"Look Amuro, we would give you a new one, but Bork Cry is extremely important to the war effort."

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Put Godzilla in a good game for once.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

If Godzilla is playable he's unbalanced strong. If he's an enemy he's unbalanced strong. If he is not unbalanced strong, he is not Godzilla.

Maybe you could have stages where you need to like dodge collateral damage from a Godzilla-adjacent incident or rescue civilians or just get the gently caress out of the danger zone though.

Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqAmzPj9bLE

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Banpresto had one job and they did it flawlessly.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I got bored and watched the demo reel attack showcase on youtube, and it's kinda charming how they used the localized titles for stuff when they could, even though they didn't need to. Special shout out though to them using the English translation of Daitarn 3's Italian name as the localization.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 25, 2017

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Endorph posted:

I mean to be fair the Cross Ange crew are all essentially lepers who were forced to fight giant dragons in barely up to par mechs. I think they're allowed to be kinda lovely people. It's what makes them kinda a cool cast, to me.

I think it's the fact most of the negativity is centered around them that makes it kinda unbearable. If we had OYW Amuro and Kai or early series ZZ running around, then it'd be at least spread out about the cast more evenly. As it stands you have a ton of familiar characters that are settled into post series attitudes that most players are used to, then you have the CA girls show up and become eternally flowing wellsprings of Mad and it sticks out real bad. The fact that SRW writing isn't exactly top notch doesn't help, and neither does having characters from other series talking about how awful/annoying/unlikable the girls are nearly every time it happens.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

At this rate I hope Yazan's is just Nine beating him with a sack of hammers.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Supremezero posted:

You mean the by far inferior way to spell that name?

So the Gundam way

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Despite almost everything being post series and thus not being able to do their fun moments from the shows, the way UC is handled is really good since they actually rewrite just enough so that everyone can mesh with the one non post series UC. Amuro and Kamille being wary of their own suits due to what they did to them feeds into the NT-D plot plus both have connections to Frontal's whole deal, Judau saving the Ples means they can play into Marida's deal, and Judau sticking around and not loving off to Jupiter mean you have a newtype pilot who isn't weighed down with baggage like the other protags and becomes a voice of reason. It turns out UC works way better when you're not trying to run the plots of three different shows at once, who knew.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I want to say that's a rewrite so they have a way to go about saying "actually that whole vessel of the people idea is really loving bad" in a more direct way but I haven't seen Zeta in a while

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

G-Reco was okay but IBO started strong and fizzled out in a real bad way.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Stuff like that is common especially with shows that haven't finished while development is still going on. Better to have stuff that's already appeared in the show than have something featured that may end up written out.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

Also, please stop talking about G-Reco. Fans of the show are impervious to logic and discussion will get nowhere.

You were the guy who compared the lady main character crying to the sexual assault scene in KLK.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Congrats the thing you complained about for posts on end turned out to be a plot point for an episode and then the show moved on.

Also you compared crying to rape.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

You compared crying to rape. Like yeah you can make an pretty decent argument about G-Reco's handling of ladies but you're just some weirdo who needed to bitch about something you didn't like.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

There is a like a giant pile of issues with G-Reco but everyone seems to pile on the really flawed ones or the ones that come down entirely to personal taste. And then you get the internet nerd mentality where you have to dig up as many reasons as possible for why you are absolutely right and everyone else is wrong. Like G-Reco happened, it did okay financially, Bell and G-Self are going to cameo in everything until the end of time like every other gundam protag, who cares.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Nobody with a brain thinks G-Reco was a paragon of female representation. In fact there are a ton of things wrong with Aida alone. The problem is dudes like you who just end up poisoning the entire drat conversation with poo poo like trying to compare Aida crying out of overdone personal anguish to loving rape and then complaining that everyone is against you and you are on some moral high ground when you're just an rear end.

Also don't try to talk bullshit like clearly someone doesn't know what dog whistling is. gently caress off I'm black and gay and stuck in an armpit of a community you gently caress. Don't talk poo poo because you think you know everything.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

stop

nobody did this

You compared people defending the show with the crying to people defending the show with the rape.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I really see them doing what the marketing did and go Form 1>Form 4>Form 6>Lupus instead of doing every form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Ange popping out to shoot a poor soul with a rifle is almost as good as Chirico popping out to fire his handgun.

• Locked thread