Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I am hoping so hard that DIE GRANTEED is actually in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

DIE GRANTEEEEEED is not in, but in its place we have "Busker Mode".

Granteed kills things via street performances now.

This is the best translation ever.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Bhaskar.

quote:

Means "shining", derived from a combination of Sanskrit भास (bhasa) "light" and कर (kara) "making". This is another name of the sun and the Hindu god Shiva.

I'm not laughing at them for not knowing it, I just think it's hilarious they picked "Busker" of all things.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Coustwell Brachium is actually better than the Granteed Dracodeus up until the penultimate stage of the game, where the Dracodeus finally unlocks its finisher. The Bellzelute Brigandi shits all over it though.

Its real point was to enable the sublime glory of Crazy Jua-Mu though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

As I understand it, people are mostly disappointed with Calvina in MD because big parts of her J plot are kind of just gone. Al Van didn't murder her coworkers anymore, and in fact sorta stops existing as an antagonist pretty fast. Calvina's still mad, but not to the absurdly hilarious extent that sort of carried you through how boring J was. Her big retribution scene when she gets the Brigandi was practically a footnote compared to all the hype Dracodeus got. Jua-Mu's hatred of her is pretty much the only part of her plot that was fully preserved, but he's also literally the only Fury antagonist worthy of note so it kind of seems more like the game just dropped the ball hard on writing the Fury.

Meanwhile with Touya, while his plot isn't exactly poetry it's the obvious A Plot. His events from J are greatly expanded, and while the Granteed sucks it's reaaaaally clear that they blew big chunks of the budget on the Dracodeus' animations. Contrast the Brigandi, which while incredibly overpowered is also sorta lackluster looking.

So it's both Calvina's plot getting trimmed and Touya's plot getting a huge spotlight shone on it. This was inevitable, and it's not a bad thing IMO (I wouldn't have wanted a full game of Calvina Smash either), but it's still something you can be disappointed about if you were a fan of Calvina's route in J.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Aug 14, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Haken and the Hyperion are a real obvious combination because Haken's Ace bonus gives him a damage buff for each female subpilot. Him having Attacker is the icing on the cake.

Anybody with Synchronize or whatever that spirit was called can be pretty fun to pair with people with absurd stats.

If they have Accel/Quicken, it's always worth throwing them in.

As a side note, pairing together love interests tends to be a bad idea because either A) they have Ace bonuses that rely on being separate units (Josh/Glacies, Arado/Seolla, probably a few others) or B) the typical One Is Melee and One Is Ranged hits them hard and you end up with one half of the Twin being useless.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Shu is the best. It's even better because Masaki is hilariously crippled coming into this game but Shu is just as overpowered as ever.

Endgame plot even starts asking "okay so why isn't Shu just eliminating all of the enemies forever" because he's so god drat absurd.

Also after a long delay (half laziness and half me banging my head against FMW3's code), the the v0.5 English patch for FMW3 is ready. This one fully translates everything from chapters 35 to 44, and also stabilizes exactly what we're going to be doing this project.

Which is to say we're not touching anything in data4 even with a ten feet pole because god drat everything in it can make the game crash. To put it in perspective how fragile this game is, translating spirit names breaks several Personal Skills and even causes "this unit auto-casts a Spirit at the start of the turn" to outright crash the game.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

But really, just look up their finishers and see which girls get the animations you like best.

This is the only real answer.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Melua has the best Granteed finisher by a country mile.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You have to wonder why Masaki even bothered showing up.

Then again Ryusei apparently had a crippling head injury between games so I guess the bar for returnee characters is super low.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's very dumb and complicated.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Neo Granzon is a huge Zeorymer reference, yes.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

And if you get it you miss out on the gloriousness of Insane Yelling In A Kung-Fu Robot.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You're always in Hard mode too.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Caphi posted:

Yeah okay the Dracodeus is borked. Who gives a machine a free reductive barrier?

If you think Orgone Cloud is bad in this game, you should've seen the Raftclans in J. Double Image, a barrier, and teleportation. Throw in Shoot Down and Sword Cut too because why the gently caress not?!

ImpAtom posted:

I assume you'll get the original mecha back + maybe the Coustwell and they'll justify reupgrading partway through.

A Touya-custom Vorlent was designed for this game, but went unused. Since the Granteed was hyped as this royal artifact, it's very possible that when the J crew show up again Touya will be in a Vorlent instead.

Alternatively, next time he shows up he'll have accidentally angered the Powerpuffs by forgetting to take out the trash or something, so no Granteed for a week.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's the Shadow Mirrors. Why wouldn't they design a weapon?

That really is my best answer.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Raxivace posted:

I've done a wicked thing today. I gave in to temptation and...used an infinite money cheat in SRW3.

I'm a bad person and not a proper Super Robot Warrior. :smithicide:

You are a SRW3 Master.

/injoke 99% of the people in this thread won't get

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Rascyc posted:

I missed something regarding Josh. I guess I'll start spoiling since I'm like 12 stages in now:

Why's he resistant to Run/Glacis coming along for the ride and what does Kai not know about the ruinea ruins that Gilliam/Viletta know? That it was sabotaged or something?

This isn't really spoilers, it was part of D's ending in 2nd OGs so you're kind of expected to know it going in.

The big reveal plotwise for D was that the Sympathia was Bad poo poo. The more you use it, the more your mind is lost, the more you turn into a Melior Esse, and the more you call out for Perfectio. This is why Rim (a proto Melior Esse) was born, and why Josh and Rim were able to connect to Glacies and Ventus. Part of the reason Josh was so insistent on Rim not piloting in 2nd OGs is because he was pretty sure Sympathia was bad news, and getting confirmation directly from the horse's mouth sealed the deal. He does not want Rim anywhere near the Forte Gigas/Blanche Neige ever again, and you kinda can't blame him since she's much farther along on the "turning into Perfectio's puppet" scale than he is.

Meanwhile with Glacies, since Perfectio hosed off she has three years tops to live. If she uses her powers, she gets even less. She has to use her powers to pilot the Fabularis. You can kinda see why Josh doesn't want her piloting either.

Mind you, Josh isn't immune to the effects of the Sympathia either. None of the D crew should even be touching the Sympathia, and in fact it's pretty silly that they just hop right into their mechs after the R originals decided to seal away their relatively much less dangerous plot device. It's also kinda hosed up that Kai gets ordered to effectively ask the D originals to commit slow suicide, and even more hosed up that nobody seems to really care.

EDIT: As for the other thing, it might be referencing another part of the ending where Gilliam and Villeta admit that as dangerous as the Sympathia is, it's still the Earth's only weapon against Perfectio so they're just going to be sealed away instead of destroyed.

EDIT 2: Wait, no, mixed up Rim and Chris' names. :downs:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 18, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

As I recall, it's only really a bad thing if you use it to outright stop time. Also Touya has a Powerpuff acting as his Rai, so they're probably making sure he doesn't go nuts.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The third to last stage.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

As I recall they don't actually need the Sympathia to fight the Lamalice, they just unsealed them thinking it might help.

And then they just kept using them afterwards because it's not like you can just take units away from the player like that.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Beach Dwellers is a terrifying thing.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

MD's final boss is legitimately more involved than any previous OG boss so far.

Which is to say you can't one turn it with HTB spam.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

As I understand it, MD is 3rd OGs. They just ditched the numerical naming scheme since this game was supposed to pick up new players.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Granteed in MD just wishes it was in J again and the optimal strategy was to just pass turn repeatedly and let enemies come to you.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Kin of the Kyocho is a very, very odd way of translating "Heir to the Huckebein".

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ShiunTouya posted:

Here's the official definition of Super Robot according to the game:

See that just makes me think of how electric cars are called that because they run on electricity.

Is Super an eco-friendly fuel source? How about Real?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I would assume Orgone, at least, is green.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Fury- Er, Smite's effect is that it nullifies any enemy skills or abilities that would normally make them immune to debuffs. You could do it with anyone with that spirit, but Leona is best suited for it since if you're fielding Rai at all you're probably just going to be combining into SRX.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Geant Chevalier was ridiculously nerfed in this game, it's crazy. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to lock its first post-move attack to 120 Will?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So apparently boss AI won't use MAPs if there are enemy units in range.

That might be useful to know if you're having issues with the last few bosses.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Rascyc posted:

Wow they made even more R original mechs? What is their obsession there when we already two good ones that I'd love to use again..

The gimmick of the R originals was that they had seven different frames: Striker, Gunner, Diver, Flyer, Cosmo Driver, Lightning, and Eternal. When the Excellences showed up in OG Gaiden, only Striker, Lightning, and Eternal made it over. So in this game, since they brought back the Striker, they also decided to tack on Gunner so R fans could get a little more bang for their buck.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

+

=

It sounds like you just don't like how the Excellences look, honestly.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

To put it in perspective how ridiculous the Bellzelute Brigandi is, the Bellzelute's singular P attack is a base 3500 damage 10 ammo attack. The Bellzelute Brigandi has two P attacks, and the stronger one is a 1-3 ALL with base 4600 damage and no ammo requirements whatsoever. It only needs 105 Will to be accessible too, it's just crazy.

Meanwhile poor Dracodeus just gets like, +300 damage to everything. It doesn't even get its finisher until the third to last stage. Cybuster and Granzon are a similar hilariously unbalanced comparison, though at least there's a plot reason for that.

Throw in the rather questionable Ace bonus decisions, and honestly I'd say the unit balance in this game is pretty wacky.

EDIT: Oh, and as a sidenote: 4600 was the base damage of the vanilla Bellzelute's finisher.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Dracodeus is nigh invincible, but that is its only major selling point in my opinion. And that arguably doesn't make up for it being the Granteed for like 20 stages.

I know a couple guys playing through Ex-Hard and even getting the Dracodeus doesn't save Touya there, apparently. It's kinda hilarious considering how important the Granteed is supposed to be.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I just want a crazy voice option.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

MD's Ace bonuses are in general quirkier than the ones in 2nd OGs, but also a whole lot less useful.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I will be the one to make the SRW game that gives X and all of the other mechs with quasi-WMDs the respect they need.

All of the villains will just look at you go "welp I guess I give up" and the inevitable alien invasion gets completely wiped out early.

The game will thus revolve around figuring out ways to progress when everyone is super low level, and thus everything will ultimately come down to Jamil soloing the final boss in the X Divider.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Everyone is hoping FMW4 will come out at Fall Reitaisai, but worst comes to worst it might end up a Winter Comiket release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It will be a .rar with all four games in it.

• Locked thread