Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
If I don't get the Jet I will be very cross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Steel Dragons are just a bunch of bullies. Poor Euzeth.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

As far as I know, yeah.

The developers went on record to say that OG MD was full on 3rd OGs and not just another Gaiden, but drat if it doesn't feel like one.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

OG2's subtitle was The Inspectors and those guys ended up as like third on the villain hierarchy.

As for OGG's Unified Wisdom, uhhhhhhhhhh.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I have never been particularly enthused with OG's plot, so I didn't mind MD being pretty bland.

I'm just here for the tactical cutscene simulator.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It is also why I like FMW so much.

And for those curious, no, there is still no word as to FMW4's release date. :smith:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Senerio posted:

I imported Moon Dwellers, and the other games I played were Alpha Gaiden, J and Original Generation (I might have also played OG2, I don't remember). Any tips?

Use Calvina.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Senerio posted:

I'm playing Moon dwellers. i meant I hadn't seen it in og2 so I didn't know if it was good.

That's pretty funny because it shows up in chapter 1 of OG2. :v:

Or did you mean 2nd OGs?

Senerio posted:

Is there any real benefit to the Soulsaber FF? I like the GG better because it has range and a map attack in case of emergencies. Should I upgrade the FF?

FF gets its finisher earlier and is better at piercing barriers.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

She should just be straight up the opposite of Russel.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Senerio posted:

What does the bellzelute want for a full upgrade bonus? Debating between Mobility up, Air S or Space S

All mechs have a choice between some generic bonuses and a custom one suited just for that mech.

99% of the time you should just take the custom one.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

This thing seems like it'll be existing independently of Maxi Boost On.

It's probably for the best because wow porting Full Boost from the arcades to the PS3 really did not work out great for the game.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I didn't like Frontier either; what are my chances of liking Delta?

Delta has a great first 13 episodes and then it all goes crashing down.

It's so dramatic a change that there are rumors that the second cour was completely unplanned.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

GilliamYaeger posted:

Wait what? I ended up falling behind around episode...8, I think? so I'm not caught up.

What the hell happened between then and now? I loved what the parts I watched, what on earth went wrong?

Nothing happened, basically.

Just 11 episodes of loving nothing.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It has some points in its favor (IIRC it's slightly stronger than the Granteed Dracodeus until you finally get Infinity Calibur), but also the huge demerit in that getting it means missing out on one of the best boss fights in the game.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Apparently during MD's development, Midorikawa was worried Masaki wasn't going to be in the game so he went to Terada to ask about it. :v:

Masaki was also initially planned to be in the Duraxyll, but they didn't have the time to rework its animations to be heroic so they just bullshitted a reason for Cybuster to be there.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I can relate with Ryusei's despair in that story.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

BB's obsession with GX and GX accessories is second to none.

I only regret that I didn't have the strength of will to get, build, and detail 12 overpriced as hell GX-Bits. :negative:

No, instead I just got two.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Granzon is so OP the characters even wonder why Shu doesn't just solo everything.

His answer isn't that he couldn't, but because he just doesn't want to.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

But why build one for Shu specifically?

Maybe it was the only way to get Shu on board with the whole plan.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Nightingale was not in Alpha 3 because Char was dead.

It was in Alpha 2, though.

Also: Sanbondo put up a digital version of FMW2 and its OST.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It only works for attacks that use the Ranged stat.

Half the fun of playing FMW2 is the liberation you feel going into it from FMW1's (purposely) restrictive design. FMW2 to FMW3 is a similar jump, so hopefully you'll go on to that too.

With that said, FMW1 isn't that RNG dependent. You just need to know who is actually worth using, and the answer should be eminently obvious even if you aren't familiar with the Touhou setting.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

No, that was just something they were joking about trying to do.

The patch only makes FMW2 more compatible with Windows 7. It does nothing else... besides make the translation patch incompatible, I guess.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Anybody who says Quicken instead of Accel is no friend of mine. :argh:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Einst, Zwei, Dry was magical though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It looks like SRW V is going to give Great Mazinger the Mazinkaiser treatment.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm glad to see the Cross Omega artist is getting work on an actual SRW game.

YEEEEES F91 IS IN WOOOOOOOO

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Oct 31, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Cross Omega artist really loves fanservice, but their designs are miles more interesting than what we've been getting in OG and the mainline series up till now.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Cheap Trick posted:

Hey Banpresto, relegate the male lead to the support pilot role, thanks. (this will never happen)

Kusuha tried that, and we all saw what happened to her.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Mother Vanguard is destroyed during the events of Crossbone because it's a giant continuity error. It's probably for the best because it even existing is almost as dumb as the Vagans in Gundam AGE being able to move their home the entire time.

But it should definitely be around during the events of V.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I never experienced Crossbone outside of Alpha 2 and that was a long time ago (and due to advice from everyone I never watched Age) so can you explain the continuity error? Also does the Crossbone stuff in V take place before the main story or something?

Like Gilliam mentioned, the Mother Vanguard had a full on Minovsky Drive years ahead of its time. And for the purposes of the setting, this made sense because otherwise the plot would've had to halt for like seven months when they head to Earth. The problem comes in that the entire crux of Jupiter's (supposed) motivation is that they're rebelling against the stranglehold on resources the Earth has on them, which only exists because of that long as hell commute time. If only there was some way to shorten that trip so that anyone could send over supplies...!

So yeah, the Crossbone Vanguard are literally futzing around with the solution to all of Jupiter's problems the entire time. And they don't do anything with it but play pirate because if they actually did spread the technology it'd be a massive continuity error.

The sequels get even dumber about this because they still want to do things in Jupiter, so the Minovsky Drive gets reinvented twice and lost forever both times.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I hope the Original music in V is good, because the last good original theme is in, like, Z2-1 or something.

A King's Love is for His People and Son of Sun were good, though?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

GodofDiscord posted:

So I'm currently having problems with Fantasy Maiden Wars P where when I try to access the Spirits from my character, the game just freezes. Does anyone know what I can do? I'm currently using the english patch.

Your game can't display the kanji, so the game is freezing up. Run it in JP locale like any other Japanese game.

Fun fact: When we tried translating the spirits for FMW3, this caused an even greater issue where all skills that autocast spirits froze the game because it was apparently looking for the japanese string instead of the spirit ID like any sane program would. :suicide:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If it makes you feel better, FMW2 is the only game where Youmu has a full movelist.

RIP her MAP.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ashsaber posted:

So, uh totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but in Gundam Breaker 3 how do I actually see what the abilities on various parts do? I got a lucky Sazabi chest drop on like my third mission, and that has two different abilities, but I don't know what the hall they do.

You look at this.

Seriously, the game will never tell you.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Kou was technically better than Amuro in A Portable because he had Strike!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

G Generation animations usually aren't that hot, but am I the only one who feels like Genesis is even more uninspired than normal?

Like Neo Zeong and Awakened Unicorn have some good stuff, but seemingly everyone else is all really bland.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

GodofDiscord posted:

So now I've finished FMW P I was looking to move on to the next game. But when I tried opening the game, it wouldn't load, even with ntleas; apparently there was an error or something. Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to be doing?

Gamemaker is touchy sometimes and straight up asks you to reboot your computer.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

GodofDiscord posted:

Yeah, that was it. I rebooted and tried again today and it's loading no problem. Though, now I can't seem to transfer my clear data from FMW P to FMW I. Any ideas on how to do that?

The process is the same as it was from E to P. Move the clear save file and your system save to I's savedata folder, and when you start a new game you should get a prompt asking if you want to continue from it.

Remember that while the in-game save file numbering starts from 1, the actual files start from 0. So if your clear save is in Save Slot 1, it's actually save file 0.

If there's any other possible problems, I can't think of them offhand. Could you elaborate?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's not even a modified EXAM, it's straight up a bootleg one. It glows red because of installed lights.

GodofDiscord posted:

But now I need to ask, can you only use clear data from the first time you clear the game, because it won't let me use the save from new game plus.

Bingo. Otherwise you could just grind everyone to max in between games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Honestly, nowadays in SRW you deploy the best units so you can get through the endgame slog faster.

• Locked thread