Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Rascyc posted:

Wasn't very interested in the new SD Gundam game but the cut-ins are very pretty and detailed. My gundam is getting weak though, I don't recognize quite a few of the early stuff in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSulqmDz3zA

Same here... I only know those that appeared in SRW.

And that's a new VA for the Purus, isn't it? She sounds quite a lot like Chieko Honda.

I'm hoping she'll be there for V, to add some lines for a potential combo attack with Marida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Holy shiiiiiiiiiii!!

:byodood:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Caphi posted:

Mazin Mazzin Saucer G.

Majin Squid Fin G.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ooooh, baby. If I wasn't too hyped before, I am now!

The Mazingers and Crossbone Gundams (F91!) looked the best to me, though I really liked Yamato's attack. The other attacks looked fine, albeit rather basic - I'll withhold judgment until I see more.

This BGM list, though...

Anime ja nai, Silent Voice, Tomorrow, Southern Wind, Mizu no Hoshi (!), You get to Burning, Beyond the Time... I love so many of these!

The absence of Unicorn Gundam in the BGM list worries me but I reckon, like in MD, they simply didn't include it the bonus disk. I can't see that song and the Trans-Am theme not being in.

If the Crossbone Theme isn't here, however, there'll be hell to pay!

Edit: I'm really feeling the protagonist dude's design. People have been comparing him to Z.O.E.'s Dingo and I can definitely see it.

Not too sure about the OG bot but I'll wait until I see more.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 31, 2016

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I notice that Ple is fighting a SEED Destiny enemy in the trailer, I guess ZZ won't have many enemy units if any.

I'm really hoping ZZ has plot. Having Marida and the other Purus around but not Glemy seems like a wasted opportunity...

Let Judau handle Haman and make the triplets kill the guy with a Final Puru Special!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

V Famitsu scans say that you'll, indeed, be able to choose between either Souji or Chitose as the protag; both will pilot the Vangray. The one you didn't choose will be a "sub-protagonist" but it says nothing about being a subpilot... I'm thinking something akin to Z1, in which they pilot something else and act separately.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Confession time: I just now beat MD. The final stage was annoying even by SRW standards and the epilogue didn't seem like it would be so thrilling. Turns out it wasn't. Anyway, that's over with and now I'm ready for G-Gen in ten days. I've still never beaten one of those though...

I beat MD, like, three weeks ago. And I'll agree that the finale was irksome, what with you needing to trickle down those big Lamaris... but I wasn't all too bothered because of how much the XO finale traumatized me.

Not since the Dark Brain mission did SRW manage to actively aggravate me like that. And at least in the Dark Brain mission our guys had SP Regen so we could be more liberal with SP! :tizzy:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I didn't even attack half of the Lamaris though. In fact, if you leave any of them alive the boss won't use its map attack and that's the only way I could play without throwing my PS4 out the loving window.

I also did not like having to pause attacking and wait out Faith three times .

Oh, yeah, I did leave some of the little guys to stop that. But don't you at least need to take out the big guys for the plot to kick in and the boss to show up? I thought you did.

And I guess you didn't see that the game gave you a Mind Blast equipable weapon at some point? :v:

Stick it on someone with Fury like Leona and she can dispel spirit commands - you can end the fight in one round with liberal usage of that and Enable.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

But I wanna have my Pirate Queen Vera back :(

She was one of my top killers in Alpha 2!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

That last one looks like someone fused the Hi-Nu with the Extraordinary-Superior Gundam. :stare:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Eeeh, I don't really see a point in going all up in arms because Cross Ange or whatever series got in. Yes, I know that it's notorious for some of the stuff it did but to outright dismiss the game before even seeing how events will play out? Nah.

As for me, I'm still excited for V with Mazinger ZERO, Might Gaine (though I would've loved some Exkaiser...) and Crossbone.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

Cross Ange isn't any worse than Zeorymer, and if anything I'd say it's not as bad as Zeorymer.

You're thinking about manga Zeorymer, no? Because the series was pretty much PG-13, only with a few bits of nudity (from both genders).

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

I'm curious, has there ever been any official RahXephon merch that confirmed what the hell the Vermillion's バウスガザル gun is supposed to mean?

After combing through several 2ch threads, it seems not even the Japanese know what it means... some speculate it's Indonesian since that's where Elvy's from (her callsign is Indonesian, too).

And I probably should have realized what was coming when Google auto-filled in 意味 the second I wrote the weapon's name...

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

I can't really comb through all the localized episodes to see if it's mentioned but the wiki doesn't say anything.

Additionally, the english pages Google handed me only referenced the Vermillion's weapon as a wave-motion gun, rail gun or stuff like that.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Blah, I give up - checked dozens of pages already and found zip about it.

If its not important enough to warrant folks figuring out how it's spelled fourteen years after the series ended, then I needn't care that much! :v:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Davzz posted:

Yeah, I think basically past a certain point in time, the Magical Girl genre ended up having men be a pretty significant portion of the fanbase, if not THE biggest portion.

Like if you do Symphogear / Nanoha / Precure / Cutie Honey / Madoka, I think that's probably not quite 4 year old non-strategy RPG player demographic any more.

I actually can't quite think of any "this is clearly meant for little girls only" examples of modern MG series any more - it's not exactly the Sazae-san / Sally the Witch era any more.

And you can't even chalk that up as otaku/japanese weirdness, considering things such as My Little Pony's fandom.

I dunno where the tipping point was...

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hokuto posted:

I know you've dropped this by now, but I asked around and just got confirmation from an actual Indonesian that the katakana looks nothing remotely Indonesian to her. You know, just to make you feel better. :v:

Heh, good to know.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

If Tobia is already starting with the Skull Heart, then we'll probably see the X-1 Patchwork as his upgrade.

I'm excited! :dance:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Caphi posted:

something called "System Control" which is presumably Ruri's special command.

Yup, other picture says it's Ruri's unique skill: once per map, cast Analyze and Confuse on all enemy units. No special requirements to activate.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Caphi posted:

yessssssss :getin:

If "Anime ja nai" does not have priority over whatever boss/event theme plays in that fight, then V will have FAILED IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE WAY!

ImpAtom posted:

I want to say Da Garn, stand tall. :(

Throw in some Exkaiser goodness, too, because that's one of my favorite Brave themes!

Mind, I'll echo Hokuto's wish for Tekkaman Blade to get the voiced/HD treatment... and Astray (because of Kazuhiko Inoue).

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Luceid posted:

i'm mildly surprised so many people want GGG back, and with more focus on it. after alpha 3 i feel like i've had enough of that series for a lifetime, but that's not to say people can't have favourites!

GGG is one of those series I simply can never get enough of - it just hits all the right spots for me.

Getter Armageddon and Dendoh are other such examples for me.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ple...

drat it, I know it's the official one but I still do not like it!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Considering it even appears onscreen in English in Unicorn, it's never gonna go away.

But, but... "Plepleplepleple" sounds awful! :qq:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hunter Noventa posted:

So I guess this confirms that there's no Premium Anime Song edition outside of Japan huh?

Wasn't that like First Edition thing?

Either way, considering how they only released info on MD's EN Premium Edition like, what, two weeks before release, I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

Shouldn't this be 'Balsaber Drilling?'

The weapon's name IS Pulsaber/パルサーベル, since it's named after Marin's Pulsar Burn ship.

As for the other... no one really knows what the creators were thinking when they named it ドリンギング. Dringing just matches the letters, so yeah.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's okay, they'll save it in OGs by not fridging Esther and making Gilliam into one of the missing Zodiac Signs.

Just you wait, it'll happen for sure!

Give Esther Pisces, turn her MP Brasta into DAMON Weissritter and upgrade Marg with a proper Queen of Bling-esque mech.

Ziene can get an upgrade, too, I guess.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

And let us at least have the Sidereal Reactors help us against the Envoys. The ending shows that the Reactors' spirits are still around and ES Terran Chaos Cosmos is not-Anti-Spiral-Space, in which will = reality.

So why not make up some bullshit with Shikuu, what with his "guide souls of the dead" shtick, being able to bring their souls into Es Terran and their wills give their bodies form again or whatever?

Bonus points if we can bring in Uther and Ime as well.

Edit: And, gently caress, why can't Asakim send the Shurouga out to slap Advent some? I know he needs to be in there to weaken the guy but the mech is said to be sentient, so you can make something up.

vvv: Ah, right - I wasn't remembering the Chaos Cosmos name.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 3, 2017

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

EthanSteele posted:

Don't forget that Granteed is also worse than her main unit in every possible way! Everything is pretty strong in MD, but Granteed is a standout at the bottom end of the power scale for 90% of the game.

Fingers crossed they manage to fulfill any of the potential when they get to OGverse in 6 million years, though if the "nah we just made Masaki have the prana inversion thing as an excuse for him to be able to come back" holds any weight I'm not holding my breath. I'm looking forward to V being as stand alone as Z1

From what I've HEARD, Masaki was slated to come back anyway (don't want Midorikawa to torch Banpresto's office) but using a Duraxyll. Problem is, they couldn't redo the thing's attacks to make them look less villainous, so they just went and made up a bullshit excuse to have the Cybuster still working.

Same story also said the Raveraid (what that its name?) was also supposed to have been part of the team that came back to the surface in MD.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hokuto posted:

Stop it you're making me want to actually watch the show

Or you can watch this gem right here.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

PurplieNurplie posted:

So wiill V's translation be any less clunky than Moon Wars? One of the reasons I stopped playing it was because it felt like the translation was all done in-house with Babelfish in like three days, was super offputting.

No idea since they haven't even released a trailer. Screenshots looked fine and, going from other games, it seems Bandai cares about translation quality more when Gundam stuff is involved.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Rascyc posted:

There doesn't even seem to be that much mecha stuff.

Neither did Gargantia.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

remember when chirico could step out of his cockpit and fire a pistol in space

All after carrying the Anti-Spiral into Space Mountain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqAmzPj9bLE

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Today I'm going to be using the Great Booster as a Rocket Punch! I'm Kouji Kabuto and welcome to Jackass!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Valhawk posted:

Chinese Trailer just went up on the Bandai Namco channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdDamNVsHJM.

All generic music. This is slightly worrying.

Did the SEA Gundam games had the original music? It might be a China thing...

Anyone care to hop on Terada/Bandai's twitter and ask for confirmation since the Taipei show wasn't too clear?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

do people really come to the SRW series for crappy synth remixes of nana mizuki songs?

Honestly, the BGMs are something I consider to be nearly as important as the visuals in SRW.

Music is a key component in creating memorable moments in both life and entertainment and SRW thrives on having the player take command and carry out those moments. One can argue that that's assuming the player is familiar with the source material but, considering the niche nature of this, I'm comfortable assuming so.

Would you say the Axis Drop would feel exactly the same without Beyond the Time playing in the background? What about GGG doing Hell & Heaven without the theme? Hell, what about Basara without his songs?

The BGMs matter quite a bit, I think.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Info circulating on 2ch's gamerobo says:

quote:

弊社プレイステーション4(PS4)用ソフト/プレイステーションヴィータ(PS Vita)用ソフト「スーパーロボット大戦V」の件につき、
本製品では、PS4版とPS Vita版ともにBGMを変更する機能に対応しております。

その際、お客様がご用意されたMP3の楽曲に変更する事も可能となっております。

Custom BGM seems to be in SRW V for both the PS4 and PS Vita.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hunter Noventa posted:

But I thought they removed the ability to put mp3s directly onto the PS4?

From what I've read, it can be done if you have the mp3s in a plugged usb drive.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

K:
A much weaker story and general design than W, one of the absolute bottom-tier originals. Basically the only thing it does well is revamp Cagalli's story from SEED Destiny into her being competent and effective.

L:
Feels half-baked, doesn't do very much fun or creative. Better than W but honestly genuinely forgettable.

Wasn't it L that revamped Cagalli's story and K played SEED Destiny mostly straight?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

People would need to have played NEO to realize that, though! :v:

You're absolutely right in that it's a shameless ripoff, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

In case someone hasn't seen it, custom BGM has been 100% confirmed for V.

Just get your mp3s in a USB drive and save them inside a folder tagged SRWMUSIC and it'll be read like Z3's was.

• Locked thread