Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Maybe I'm the weird one because I don't remember that in V at all, the part of ZERO I remember in V is the God of Mazingers calling Kouji up and going "hey so I'm going to give you ZERO just 'cause I want to see what will happen, don't disappoint me" (which I'm pretty sure didn't happen in the ZERO manga). I actually plain forgot EVA was in V despite them defining an entire Earth. What I remember from V is Chitose and Nine growing up together, a lot of fixing of PoD Akito, and being the first outing meeting Mightgaine and Cross Ange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Sounds like it was a big development moment for Kouji and Shinji that I would not have registered as just "EVA fights Mazinger wow"!

Too much time is spent on SRW's story, both writing it and reading it, to reduce it to just spectacle. I'm not saying it's classic lit or anything but it's a huge part of the product.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
To bring it double back around, Z did prune the cast list between games, and it sucked and everyone hated it but that specifically wasn't the reason why. Really, it was the opposite of the reason why. No one was like "not playing Z3 because they ditched Gravion."

e: I don't think anyone is arguing against that SRW isn't basically an extreme feel-good teamup crossover? But it feels like the goalposts have been moved because you've gone from "they won't take any toys away from the players" to "what I actually meant was the games are written like spectacle-offs."

Caphi fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 8, 2018

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

on the other hand there's a pretty big difference between excellent and garnet and giada. excellen's been one of the main characters for the entire franchise, i wouldn't want her written out with just 'and then she went home forever'

If she is out, Alchemie's out too. Let her and Kyosuke adopt Alchemie and go. I don't think it would be bad for their characters at all, and what's left of the Einst plot can now be carried by Arriere with help from Axel and Lamia.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I for one am excited for the reveal of Super Robot Wars Z4: Hibiki Is God Now.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I like Expelled for SRW. It's got an extremely cute robot, and I like the Arhan too.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Mazinger Infinity is a single movie, it's one of the shortest things you can watch for an SRW short of a certain three episode OVA that was still too long for its plot.

Also Expelled from Paradise, which is even on Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Hokuto posted:

If you want Southeast Asian English DLC you'll probably need to set up a Singapore account if it's anything like how PSN works. I'll futz with my Switch and see if I can get a Singapore-region account working there this weekend.

Making an account is easy but as of now the SEA eShop does not exist, so unless they open it in the next 4 months or whenever, you're probably looking at a physical import, which is a nightmare.

• Locked thread