Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

SRW thread, I have a question: I recently ordered the kotobukiya Granzon model. It comes with 2 different blades for the Granworm sword: one that looks like the regular sowrd, and one that looks like this

At first I thought it came from the SRW Gaiden, but the sword in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6RAE5Ru3U doesn't really look like either of them. And so my question is: Where is this sword from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Thank you! I didn't except alpha to have its own version of the design so i never thought to check. Glad I don't have to wonder any longer.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Inferno-sama posted:

Well, here's my question. How would they handle all the backpacks for the G-Self? Just checking MAHQ and there are seven in the series, making eight forms if you include no pack. That's quite a lot, maybe too many. I haven't seen G-Reco, so I don't know if any were one-offs, but still... To be fair, you can ask the same thing of the Barbatos. Going by MAHQ again, eight forms. Granted, Barbatos just gets upgraded more and more, so this one could just replace each form after a few levels, or they just use the first form for a bit, then the fourth form until they cover the second season and use the Lupus until it becomes the Lupus Rex.

Just have a pack be an attack, rather than a different deployable? Haven't they done something similar with the Impulse Gundam recently?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I've actually yet to play that since I'm waiting for the Alpha 1 patch first.

So are you gonna invent a time machine or discover immortality?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Going back a few pages, I generally prefer super originals to reals, at least in the more recent games. It feels like to me every real has a gun, missiles, maybe a laser sword, a big gun, funnels and the final attack is using them all at the same time. I think supers are allowed allowed more personality and originality since they don't have to be "realistic".

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I tried playing Alpha with Mneidengard's translation and even if you ignore the name stuff his writing was so dry it sucked all the fun out of the experience for me.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

My favorite part of the AAI2 translation is there's a song in one of the cases, and the translated lyrics actually fit the music.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

RangerKarl posted:

I'd be irritated, but it just didn't feel very good to play.

I'll probably give it another try once it actually finishes, but yeah combat is really unsatisfying.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Rascyc posted:

That is the most serious trailer. Are we getting the new FMP anime soon? Mecha anime has been so lovely lately.

Spring 2018

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

They still give you jets and MP Huckies, but the Shura are as gone as they can get.

I think the writing in the OG games would be better if they allowed more characters to be done after their game instead of vaguely hanging around forever.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Safe: G-reco
Unlikely: Id-0
Wish: Concrete Revolutio

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Please have Majestic Prince, mysterious new SRW.

I feel like MP's mech designs would be difficult to turn into SD sprites.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

KoB posted:

IBO at least resonated more with international audiences more then Reco did with anyone at all really.

Please do not marginalize my perspective.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

You know...

I wonder if G-Reco units are going to be pilotable by UC units and vice-versa? Obviously G-Self (and obviously a few others like G-Lucifer) are going to be pilot locked but there's not actually any real reason you shouldn't be able to give Amuro the Mack Knife or Klim Nick the Hi-Nu Gundam (besides NT levels obviously) really, especially since Turn-A set the precedent.

Also god drat but some of the G-Reco units are going to be busted as poo poo. G-Lucifer is going to be insane.

Why would the lucifer be pilot locked?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Caphi posted:

What sticks out to me is that the stuff that isn't in space or some form of Gundam-adjacent seems heavy on the magic and over-science. Cross Ange, Nadia, Dunbine, I think Wataru, Code Geass, and in that context I'm going to argue for Mazinger and Gurren-Lagann (they're supers with ordinary bullshit super power sources, but they've got a bit of magic black box sauce instead of just being built by some genius). Hell, the bonus unit is now Cybuster.

You could probably include g-reco in this list too.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

They have basically the same plot so they can't really include both at the same time.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

I think you'll most likely have to settle for his recruitment possibly being the result of Char just walking up to Glemy's face and dunking on him for an entire stage. Or the whole process of recruiting Glemy will boil down to "make sure Char/Amuro/Judau/Roux/Haman/et. al dunks on this punk-rear end bitch every time you get a chance." The comedy option is naturally Beecha, of course.

Also, have some Klim Nick.

While I am quite a fan of both the Dahack and Trinity, it is incredibly hosed up that neither the Montero nor the Hecate are in the game.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Inferno-sama posted:

I'm just gonna put this here as another example of "Everyone can join except Cima"... I mean, unless Mask is actually a pretty nice guy, but given he's a Char not named Harry Ord or Schwartz Bruder, I doubt that.

He is.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does Buddy Complex ever become anything but a straight generic real robot anime but with a vaguely super robotty mind link kind of thing?

The only thing I know about buddy complex was it was written by committee, literally. The writing credit went to "Buddy Complex Writing Committee".

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Now that Might Gaine's had a couple of games I'd be very happy if they put some of the other Brave shows in.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

Super Brave Wars. All of them.

There's 2 of those on the PS1. They're called Brave Saga and Brave Saga 2.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Inferno-sama posted:

I feel like that's part of the problem with Gundam as well. I can't remember who said it, but in the Z thread, someone pointed out how the Asshimar was a real cool threat was because it could fly under its own power (in an alt form but still) and had a beam rifle, but now that's kinda just expected with mobile suits. Like, it's something kinda awkward with having the Nu Gundam alongside the Strike Freedom and the 00 Qan[t]. They're flying around like it's completely normal (especially the 00 Qan[t]) while the Nu Gundam is trudging along the ground.

Edit: I'm not saying Gundams can't fly. I'm fine with the end result being flying, like the Wing Zero, and I do like the X and Double X, it's just that it kinda loses how big a deal flight should've been. Even Seed drops the ball when we see Zaft has flight mobile suits. 00 was just like "You get flight, and you get flight, and you get flight". I don't know, I kinda just miss seeing flight as a big deal.

This argument would make more sense to me if literally every Gundam show didn't spend half its time in space, where everything flies. Also idk where SRW gets the idea that the Nu can't fly from. It's in space the entire movie so there's no confirmation there one way or the other, and the ZZ could fly without transforming.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

They should have kept Gravion in Z3 but made Ultimate Gravion its own unit with an entirely made up move list.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Wasn't Invisible Victory just the rest of the light novels like we already got in V?

Not all of them. Presumably they're planning to do a fifth season to actually finish the story.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

:same:

Also I like the OG designs so far.

The lips on the rival mech kinda weird me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Super Robot Wars T: Brave Saga 3

• Locked thread