Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Having an SRW in English is so cool. The J fan patch and the GBA OG games were my intro to the series and I've really missed being able to read what's happening. I'll pick up a ps4 sometime down the road Im sure. Do we know if the Vita version of V is getting a Signapore release?

Also trip report on impact, I'm at the final stage but I can't get the will power to play it. Especially with SRWZ3 here now, and I really hate the partner system in it so I don't even like it that much it's just way better. Plus it's very pretty.

I'll beat Char someday though. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Z1 is the only time I've enjoyed the squad system in a SRW, and since they don't seem to want to use it again I hope V just doesn't have squads.

I also don't really like using any real robots beyond some main gundams so I think the upsides of the squad systems just aren't super important to me though since usually I can swing most supers and a couple neat super supports on my team in non-squad games. Z's squad system felt really cool mechanically on top of the team expansion so it was a cool compromise, but I haven't enjoyed any squad or twin setup otherwise.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I really like Terry Bogard Sleggar but the rest of those designs are awful wow. I've never heard of For The Barrel before, and uh

yeah these are some mech designs.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
My first thought was BrainPowerd as well, but For The Barrels mechs were designed by Junji Ohkubo who only did them as far as I can tell while Brains were by Mamoru Nagano.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I pre-ordered V which means it'll be the first SRW I've played that wasn't a few years old. I still haven't gotten around to buying Z3.2 yet even. I've been playing SRW since OG2 came out in the states because back then I bought every single SRPG I could get my hands on so I grabbed OG1 by coincidence. I didn't really like robots much outside of a couple Gundam shows until a few years later when I heard about J being translated and figured I'd give it a go, and I've been hooked on the series and mecha anime since.

I'm really not looking forward to missing like every secret, but I got the game with regular shipping so maybe they'll be mostly found out before I get it in a month. How long do the official secret lists usually take to be released?

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Davzz posted:

The SRW Mobage X-O is having a Sakura Wars collaboration.

At least this means there's no issues with getting the licence now.

Whoa that's a cool collab I didn't see coming. Then again the last collab that just finished was an idolmaster one so I can't really predict anything this dumb phone games gonna pull.

I wish I hadn't spent all my crystals on pulling idols now though.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Inferno-sama posted:

Also, resident hardass Ryoma Nagare and world champion stoic Setsuna F Seiei smiled in the same scene and had a bonding moment. I can not express how adorable that is.

:allears: Man I love SRW. This is gonna be a long month waiting for economy shipping. I wish the vita memory cards weren't so expensive so I could afford to buy games digitally.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

ImpAtom posted:

There are others. The stage I'm on has the SR point of "Defeat all other enemies within 6 turns and also defeat Goergametch" (who runs). I did this and it didn't trigger so I don't actually know what the point for this stage is which is annoying because it means I have to redo it from scratch.

Man that's annoying. Did you kill Goergametch last?

Hopefully the Japanese copy players will throw up an SR points guide fast.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Wow my game actually showed up today. Considering Amazon's two day shipping usually takes an extra day to reach me, Play-Asia's free shipping getting here in a week is crazy. I still can't believe I'm about to play an English SRW that isn't OG or a fan translation. Perfect time for a 2-week vacation too.

I'm really excited for a new female protagonist that doesn't get the story pulled out from under her halfway through the game. Hopefully.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I didn't see that question, but that's a big relief. Z2 and 3 were disappointing after Z1 in that regard. I don't play the OG series anymore either so it's been quite a while since a real female MC. Chitose already seems likable enough a couple missions in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I'm only about 15 stages in but Chitose is already really great. Calling Seabook a weaboo, getting upset at how the Cross Ange cast is acting and just walking up and telling them off, all the interactions with Setsuna, trying to play matchmaker with the entire rest of the cast (especially Gaine and Nine), and generally just being a super understanding person with a strong sense of hope and how important it is makes her really great.

She's just a genuinely super nice person who's too nosy but always means well and is totally ok with calling everyone else out on their poo poo, which is awesome and I'll take any day over the 10th flirty gambler Spike knockoff protag.

• Locked thread