Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I could well be missing something, and I've not tried experimenting with it myself yet, but does the SRX have any interactions with the R-Gun Powered or the ART-1? I decided since I picked the "super" route at the start I should just go whole hog with Super Robots everywhere, so devoting yet more deployment slots to feed the SRX isn't too much of an issue for me quite yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I recently started playing SRW J, does anyone have much in the way of tips and advice? For example, is Granteed actually decent compared to its somewhat anemic showing in Moon Dwellers? Is this one of the ones where mechs that straddle the super/real divide (G Gundam, Coustwell) are hideously powerful, adequate, or under performers?

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

There is a bug with a unit being upgraded to a different robot that can kind of be hilariously game breaking, depending on what you do. The following units all have 2 parts slots: Layzner, Mazinger Z, Yuu Brain (this one has 3 slots like all other Brains, however), and Zeorymer. Now, each of these has an upgraded form (Layzner Mk.II, Mazinkaiser, Nelly Brain and Great Zeorymer) that only has one less part slot than their base form. The bug is that while you'll get back the extra part when these units upgrade, the part effects will remain on the unit that lost the equip slot. For example, you could slap an Apogee Motor (+1 movement, +5 mobility) and Solar Panel (10% EN Regen) on Mazinger Z and when it upgrades to Mazinkaiser, it will still have the bonus of whatever is in the second parts slot. In this case, Mazinkaiser will have 10% EN Regen right out of the box because while Mazinger Z was removed from the game with the Solar Panel equipped in the second parts slot, all of Z's data in the game files carried over to Mazinkaiser including equipped parts. Now, the effects won't show up in the unit information screen unless you know what the base stats were beforehand, so keep that in mind.

That sounds like it could get pretty ridiculous if you play your cards right and put the right part in. I've found Mazinger to be kinda EN hungry so far, so slotting in a Solar Panel before Mazinkaiser comes into the scene sounds pretty appealing. Then again, so does +Movement.

I know this is the only post I'm directly responding to, but I still want to thank everyone for the advice and info, it's been a great to know and I'm looking forward to watching Granteed wreck more poo poo up. It's animations and tankiness feel much more satisfying than Coustwell did when I first started playing. I'm not far in, but now it feels like my biggest concerns will be keeping the Nadesico and Granteed from out leveling everyone else by a crazy margin due to mooks mobbing them.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013

ActionZero posted:

The issues I'm having with it, Hit and Away won't help with cause everything gets swept by my mechs before it gets into firing range and I couldn't afford to have my mechs slow down or I wouldn't have succeeded at the skill point. I expect it'll get better as the missions include more enemies but for now it's just frustrating me.

I've been doing the DLC missions but I'm avoiding doing the one that just gifts you like 8 ridiculous parts including a +2 movement one because getting poo poo like a Haro so early feels like it would make even the skill points trivial for a while.

edit: Mission 12 is already turning out better for this as the enemies have more HP and are coming to me faster and some are actually targetting Ruri (previous mission every single one of them was obsessed with Akito and nobody else if he was in range).

edit2: 5 enemies just neatly placed themselves in the range of a Gravity Blast MAP and I killed them all with both the double exp and money spirits active, I love the Nadesico B now. Hail Ruri.

I've found both Akito and Ange to be units that the AI really loves to home in on for some reason. I think in Akito's case it's partly because his mech is deceptively durable (in large part due to the Distortion Field) despite being a small unit. Dunno what the logic is for Ange.

• Locked thread