Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Brunom1 posted:

I'll give them the latter three, but let's be real here.

I'd totally buy into the RX-78-2 being such an overdesigned pile of hardware that it stays competitive even when compared against its successors, but that suspension of disbelief dissolves ingame when later UC stuff doesn't revolve entirely around beam weapons and designing your way around them. My boy the 78 is immune to ballistic weapons shy of a bazooka. Meanwhile, the Victory would probably get shredded by a vulcan.

To do this properly, they'd have to change the beam damage formula, though. That's a whole other discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Kanos posted:

I've found that in this dark and blighted modern era where continuous movement is easily accessed by the player, the vast, vast, vast majority of stages are over in a very short amount of actual turns, which in turn minimizes how effective bonus-per-turn skills like SP Regen actually are.

This is how I feel. SP regen is still good, but the primary reason it isn't mandatory anymore is because it's now way easier to just take fewer turns. V in particular is absurd because +ExC boosts can allow for a single character to take theoretically infinite actions in a single turn without even using Zeal or any pilot skills whatsoever.

SRW V of course throws things even further into a blender by giving pilots unlimited skill slots. Everybody gets Continuous Action! Everybody gets Attacker! Everybody gets Limit Break! Everybody gets Prevail!

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Mimir posted:

Was Mr. Belvedere referenced as a guy that existed, or as a television program?

Given a link to the Family Guy universe, where everything referenced in media exists and Transformers are real while also being a thing Peter's a fan of, either Mr. Belvedere is a show that exists within SRW (that depicts factual events and characters) or Peter Griffin is a Time Diver.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Locked thread