Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy

Race Realists posted:

can someone tell me why none of the PS2 Alpha games are available for download?

I'm absolutely shocked Alpha 3 in particular isn't available.

i really really don't wanna have to shell out the cash to make a gaming pc powerful enough to handle ps2 emulation

I was able to get every PS2 SRW I own (all but impact and the SC games) running fine on PCSX2 on an AMD Phenom II x6, which is like a six or seven year old processor. One of the lower end ones too, its normal clockspeed was 2.7 or so iirc.

It couldn't handle more graphically beefy games, but pretty much any modern desktop processor that's an i3 or above (unsure of the AMD equivalents; any FX processor I guess?) should be good for the majority of games out there and especially any 2d titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

EthanSteele posted:

Nice! Is there a translated list of the stuff included in the deluxe edition/anybody got a nice selection of songs from the shows?

Looking at the first PV, this is the list of songs from the premium edition:

- Ike! Zambot 3 / Kouichiro Hori (Zambot 3 OP)
- Come Here! Daitarn 3 / Makoto Fujiwara (Daitarn 3 OP)
- Mizu no Hoshi he Ai wo Komete / Hiroko Moriguchi (Zeta Gundam OP2)
- Uchuu wo Kakeru ~ Zeta no Hatsudou / Shigeaki Saegusa (Zeta Gundam BGM - when Kamille uses the Biosensor to destroy the Hambrabi and ram The-O)
- Anime Ja Nai! ~ Yume wo Wasureta Furui Chikyuu-jin yo / Masahito Arai (Gundam ZZ OP1)
- Silent Voice / Jun Hiroe (Gundam ZZ OP2)
- Beyond the Time ~ Mobius no Sora wo Koete / TM NETWORK (Char's Counterattack ED)
- Main Title / Shigeaki Saegusa (Char's Counterattack Main Theme BGM)
- Ignited / T.M.Revolution (SEED Destiny OP1)
- Vestige / T.M.Revolution (SEED Destiny Insert / Final Plus OP)
- Daybreak's Bell / L'Arc~En~Ciel (00 Season 1 OP1)
- Tozasareta Sekai / The Back Horn (00 Movie OP)
- Everlasting / Kylee (Unicorn Episode 2 Main Theme)
- StarRingChild / Aimer (Unicorn Episode 7 ED)
- Arashi no Hero / Yuzuru Oka (Might Gaine OP)
- Let's Might Gaine! / Rokomo Raizou/Norio Sakai (Might Gaine insert song)
- Great Dash! / Rokomo Raizou/Norio Sakai and Rokomo Kaizou/Naoki Takao (Might Gaine insert song)
- You Get To Burning / Yumi Matsuzawa (Nadesico OP)
- Dearest / Yumi Matsuzawa (Nadesico Movie ED)
- Theme of Nadesico II / Takayuki Hattori (Nadesico Movie BGM)
- Ima ga sono Toki da / Ichirou Mizuki (Shin Getter OP1)
- Heats / Hironobu Kageyama (Shin Getter OP2)
- Kanjite Knight / Ultimate Lazy for Mazinger ft. JAM Project (Shin Mazinger OP1)
- Shugoshin - The Guardian / JAM Project (Shin Mazinger OP2)
- Minami-kaze / Mikuni Shimokawa (Full Metal Panic TSR OP)
- Tsubasa wo Kudasai / Megumi Hayashibara and Special Kids (Evangelion 2.0 insert song)
- God's Message / Shiro Sagisu (Evangelion 3.0 BGM)
- Theme of Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 / Tarou Hakase (Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark Theme)
- Yamato Shutsugeki / Akira Miyagawa and Hiroshi Miyagawa (Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark BGM)
- Kindan no Resistance / Nana Mizuki (Cross Ange OP1)
- Shinjitsu no Mokushiroku / Youko Takahashi (Cross Ange OP2)
- Towagatari ~ El Ragna / Ange (CV: Nana Mizuki) and Sara (CV: Yui Horie) (Cross Ange insert song)
- TIME TO COME (4th Super Robot Wars BGM)

With the exception of maybe 4 or 5 songs, they're all vocals, and of the vocals, the only one I've had issues finding is Great Dash from Might Gaine.

EDIT: there were a few more songs listed in PV2, but not PV1. Or I just skimmed over them.

chirico cuvie fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 17, 2017

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Unless they're giving ZERO and Emperor a different BGM in the final game, the 2nd PV used "Shugoshin - The Guardian" for both Kouji and Tetsuya.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Phlogistic posted:

A trailer? The actual footage of the first stage at a Singapore trailer had generic music for everyone except the protagonist. And the guy doing the presentation said that this was due to "rights reasons".

It's hardly confirmed but it's also not the made-up nonsense you're making it out to be.

The rights reasons in questions were likely related to using licensed music in a public venue for a show that would be recorded and released. JASRAC controls the Japanese music industry with an iron grip, and its influence affects things even outside of Japan. Chances are, the in-game BGMs fell into a licensing issue where the folks running the Taipei Game Show and/or Bandai Namco would have to pay the recording companies responsible for the release of Yamato's OST, and because of that, they could not secure the rights to play the music in a public venue. This has been the case with most SRW PV's as well--the battle music versions were harder to find because the official uploads to youtube, and in most cases the in-store trailers running on promotional disc loops, used versions with all of the licensed music excised.

FWIW, the only instance of PV2 with in-game music is the video on Bandai Namco's youtube. If you go on the Japanese PSN and watch the trailer, it too uses generic music.

Also, everyone but the protag used the same generic song, so unless they're cutting the battle music down to JUST that song, there's a 99.9% chance it was a temporary measure.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Raxivace posted:

I still can't quite believe we're getting a new SRW in English in a few days. When I first got into the series about four or five years ago I just accepted that this wasn't going to be a thing that happens, barring the occasional fan translation.

Should SRWV have its own thread?

I remember hearing rumblings of a localized Alpha on DC back in 2001 or so. Even then, young as I was, I thought it was a ridiculous pipe dream and that I'd never play a (licensed) SRW in English, and yet, here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Maki Izumi from Nadesico is a translator's worst nightmare: a character who speaks primarily in REALLY bad Japanese puns. They pretty much excised this from her dialogue in the ADV Films dub altogether, but it's all over the place in the original Japanese script.

• Locked thread