Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

EthanSteele posted:

Speaking of slots, how long until the deploy slots ramp up? I know I'm early game still but being able to only deploy 9 teams at most when there are 21 full teams available is forcing me to make some tough decisions on who my favourites are.

Just gonna echo this annoyance. I'm entering mission 20, have 10 sortie slots for it, and 22 total teams. It's kind of messing with my enjoyment quite a bit, honestly.

I haven't even deployed the SRX at all aside from one forced sortie because with slots at such a premium there is no way I'm devoting 2 teams worth of them to that thing. Anyone who doesn't eagerly await Banpreios putting an end to that stupid poo poo has brain problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Fortegigas is extremely good and belting out its finisher to Drumfire still owns a loving lot.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I think part of the problem with the slot limit for me right now is the amount of new/returning units. In terms of new there's Soulsaber, Granteed, Bellzelute, Haken, and I'm gonna add Yon to that list 'cause I didn't play Dark Prison. Then on top of that, Rio and Ryoto finally got their good units back and I want to use them again. Throw in the Grungust Type 2 and that's...a sizeable list of units I don't want to bench just because I want to actually have some time with them, and not benching them means some tough choices when it comes to my favorites.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sanger vs Al-Van is a thing that is happening on my screen at this very moment and it's beautiful and the best and I love it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MarsDragon posted:

No one liked Calvina for being super reasonable.

This.

Still super annoyed I can't put her in Granteed and have her and Katina be anger-buddies in large super robots.

That said what worked for Calvina in J was that she started off rather...melancholy, I guess, and then the righteous loving anger happened after Al-Van showed up. In MD she starts off with the anger and I think that's a detriment. .

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Are the Lamalice from anything or are they new like the Yokojin from 2nd OGs

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah I really haven't enjoyed the Lamalice. Like, at least the Yokojin had Kana, Turtle Dude, and those other two monsters to go with them. Lamalice stages just tend to end up being very...bland, so far. Like maybe Debudebabide or someone will be there too but also maybe not.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I started pairing Ratsel with the Type 0, so I hope that counts as black.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

After going from 12 deployment slots + 2 forced deployments on one mission to a whopping loving 9 slots on the next, I may very well have just given my TV the finger.

Goddamn this is getting annoying.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The event with Calvina putting the fear of God into Jua-Mu so hard that even after stopping time all he can do is cower away is :allears: as gently caress. poo poo like that is why I hold it against Z3 for cheaping the gently caress out and not having full 3D map sprites.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Caphi posted:

What, that's not what happened, he ran because he used the Wrathailem in reflex and it instantly shattered his entire self-image and pride as a knight because doing that is taboo. He realized he hosed up. He pushed the button because of Calvina but she's not why he turned tail.

Nah I mean during the actual time-stop itself, which seemed very much out of fear. What you said was why he just up and left after that, as least to my perceptions.

Either way I like what I said better anyway so that's how I'ma keep interpreting it :v:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Just got the Brigandy and gently caress it owns

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Probably should have asked this days ago but which powerpuff are y'all preferring for the relevant mechs

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

What did Asakim even end up being

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

Asakim ended up being Shurouga.

Yes, I am serious.

HiKaizer posted:

Disappointing.

So in other words, Z3.txt

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

When do you get the Dracodeus's finisher?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Boy that's exactly what I didn't want to hear.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jesus, I don't think anything's ever made me decide to put a game down for the night quicker than seeing an SR point balanced around 15 turns just did.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

That one's way overbalanced. I finished it with tons of turns to spare.

That's good to hear. I saw it and basically assumed I'd be getting several reinforcement waves to deal with.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Why the gently caress is the pointless and boring GC final boss of all things immune to Trombe override :mad:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

I was surprised at liking Frontier, mostly because Cheryl is a surprisingly three-dimensional character and her relationship with Alto felt pretty real.

Ranka though, I didn't like.

There's a reason everyone liked beating up that giant Ranka hologram in Z2 :v:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I just want beautiful HD GaoGaiGar sprites and animations and if V ain't gonna give me that it can gently caress itself.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

My dream is a console SRW that treats GGG as well as W did.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Is there any decent alternative to P-A for Signapore codes?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm spoiling this just because aaaaaaaaa

The game has Yuusou

THE GAME HAS YUUSOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Can't decide between which of these grade 1 TAC bonuses I want :negative:

Gut instinct is the team-wide hp/en regen

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

It's not particularly great. It leads to some fun crossover elements so far but that's about it, and the bulk of those Crossover elements are built around Gundam SEED so...

That said, Ange is a goddamn absurd uberpilot so hey.

Shinn arriving and getting pissed about having to deal with THESE TERRIBLE WOMEN was worth it, imo

Which grade 4 TAC bonus are folks eyeing?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Crossange.jpg

I went for the Focus one. The other two are kinda eeeh while +10 focus at start is a huge boost to SR points.

:allears:

And yeah I think I'm getting the focus one - it was between that and the SP one, but more focus just seems like it does so much more when I think about it.

Also just want to note how loving good this rendition of Silent Voice is. I hadn't realized how much I missed the ZZ in SRW until these last couple of days.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Fa canonically killed a SEED druggie for me so there's a high bar to clear imo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Is the Mazinger upgrade stage connected to a route split? If so, which one? Approaching the end of the 30s so I have to imagine I'm close.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Partially. The beginning of it is but the actual upgrade occurs on a shared stage.

I can probably deal with that. I assume the beginning is just the end of the anime, essentially?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

More or less.

The major change is that Kouji goes full ham and grabs Mazin Power, which causes the Mazinger to evolve into the Mazinger Zero and he effortlessly nukes Hades. Dr. Hell shows up and begins taunting Kouji about how this was all planned and he's just a part of the Mazinger, a tool used by his father, and this makes Kouji hesitate and the Mazinger Zero senses his weakness and begins absorbing him. He runs off and that ends the pre-shared stage plot.

Awesome, thanks. I was in a nasty position of having to basically choose that route or the Amalgam one, which I want to do since I didn't play Z3.2 and thus didn't get to do the FMP finale stuff I'm assuming it did.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Go's ace pilot skit :laffo:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raxivace posted:

Wait are there seriously skits for every pilot getting Ace status?

As far as I can tell, yes.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I probably should have asked this ages ago but is there an indicator for forced deployments for the next mission?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

As usual it says EV next to the unit in the list.

I never knew that :downs:. Thanks

I'm so used to squads/twins and them having their own apparent groupings.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

KoB posted:

SRW V is really good but theres not a single OG song I care for here.

"Raise the anchor" or w/e is really good, imo. Brought back memories of Soul of Alpha.

Definitely missing a good impactful character theme, though.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Where the gently caress did the Getter Tomahawk combo go <:mad:>

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Closing in on the end of the game and was extremely and pleasantly surprised by Emperor of Darkness showing up for a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm somewhat curious, which parts are folks who have completed the game looking at for bringing into NG+?

The free energy refill every turn is the only one I can solidly pick. I feel like a case could be made for a good bit of them.

• Locked thread