Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

Go to https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-sg/home/games

Create an account. Use a McDonalds from Singapore for the address. (Google it.) Otherwise it's entirely in English.

Buy a PSN Card for the Singapore region. The easiest way is from Play-Asia if you don't mind supporting them. Otherwise a lot of import retailers sell the cards.

You need $90 SNG to buy it. https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-sg/games/super-robot-wars-og-the-moon-dwellers/cid=HP0700-CUSA04713_00-SPRBWA25OGMD2016

Boom.

For the Singapore PSN card, will Play Asia just send you the code, or do you need to wait for the physical card?

I mean, I do not want to go through Play Asia if it can be helped, but if there is no other import retailer that would just send you the code (I sure can't think of any), I will bite the bullet.

How is the game itself by the way? I have played the GBA OG games, but I always hear of some sort of annoying poo poo for any given game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I never did complete OG2 and haven't played anything in that subseries since. I heard that they didn't translate the recap. Anything that I need to know in particular, or is it just "Earth never stops being invaded, ever"?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am looking at the series list for V and it seems strangely anemic, at least in terms of pure IP. It feels like previous titles had a bigger spread of series, I dunno.

Still may as well get it cause gently caress it, a mainline SRW in English.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Blew away the stage 3 boss with the Yamato accidentally. Only meant to soften it up.

It doesn't sound like it is the case, but I hope the Yamato doesn't end up being a Jeigan type unit.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Simon The Digger posted:

I'm pretty sure that's referring to the Fire Emblem character of the same name, who started a trend of Fire Emblem games having characters that join you at the start with really good stats, making the early game a bit easier, but due to the fact that they have terrible stat growth rates your other characters eventually outpace them.

Yeah that.

So Crossbones Gundam is currently a manga only thing, right? I'd certainly would watch it if it were an anime.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
One detail that I like is that the VangRay is actually a huge, borderline unusable piece of poo poo made of whatever was lying around at the time and the only reason it works at all is that the computer and the AI manages the settings well enough so it controls something like a normal robot.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Speaking of Huckbein, I just passed mission 4 and never got the mission for those units. Was there a special unlock condition? I see the mission in my scenario flowchart but, again, I never got it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
If I understand correctly, a pilot must have the Proud Ace skill to get promoted to an Ace, right?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Then how does it work? I am going by the skill description.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

It reduces the number of kills needed by 10.

Ah, okay then. The way the skill was worded made me think it was required as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am wondering if X actually plays any different/better than V; trying to decide if I want to play a SRW if I should get X or actually get back on V.

• Locked thread