Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Splinter rhe minds eye. Incest undertones and all

Lukes Pre-climactic battle with Darth Vader!

Leia x Luke romance! All this and more are in store for you in SPLINTER THE MINDS EYE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Veloxyll posted:

Lukes Pre-climactic battle with Darth Vader!

Leia x Luke romance! All this and more are in store for you in SPLINTER THE MINDS EYE.

Swamp planet written before dagobah was a thing!

Magic healing rock!

(I never finished it and I think I should)

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Well Alan Dean Foster turned into a solid writer so maybe? Just read pip & flinx and pretend pip is luke skywalker and flinx is chewbacca.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Swamp planet written before dagobah was a thing!

Magic healing rock!

(I never finished it and I think I should)

It...doesn't get better.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Veloxyll posted:

It...doesn't get better.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Veloxyll posted:

It...doesn't get better.

EU in a nutshell.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Cannon Challenge, Imperial: Update 1.

Alright, so time to do the good ole Canon Challenge. What this means is that I will only use ships, characters, and troops from the current Disney Canon. Also, I will only use them if they appeared on screen. For instance, the Lancer Class frigate gets a background mention in the Tarkin novel. Doesn’t count. By contrast, the TIE Defender is in an episode of Rebels, so it does count.

For the Imperials, this can be pretty tough. Let’s look at what they have
characters
Palpatine
Vader
Ozzel
Needa
Piette
Jejjerrod
Veers
Thrawn(!)

Ships
Death Star!
Imperial Star Destroyer
Imperial Star Destroyer Mk II
Super Star Destroyer
Interdictor
TIE fighter
TIE defender
TIE Bomber
TIE interceptor

Troops
Imperial Army Regiment
Imperial Navy Regiment
Stormtrooper Regiment
Dark Trooper Regiment

(this was a decision I just made. While we have examples of war droids in cannon, I don’t think the imps really used them, so I wouldn’t feel right including them. Dark troopers gently caress you appeared both in form (Rebels) and function (Rogue One)))

So, yeah, starting out I can only build Star Destroyers, Tie Fighters, and the Death Star. This will not change for a while, because I only have one researcher I can use who needs to be recruited. I cannot research any buildings whatsoever, so I will slowly go up that research tree too (You still research stuff without researchers, but at a vastly slowed rate. For example, in one game, it took over 200 days to get the first step on the tech tree).

Let me see what the dice roll brought me!

Well, this is a pretty starting picture. We have two systems in every core, and in Corellia and Sluis they both are on the verge of uprising. So, that’s not ideal.

As we can see, I’m not in the best situation here. In sluis, I have some assets too, but the only thing I can use is Darth himself. So, that’s a thing.

Ok, so Piett and Veers. Both are canon so I can keep them. Sending Veers to diplomacy Yaga Minor, while doing the usual construction projects.

The good news is Coruscant fleet is entirely something I can use. So, I sent it to blockade Balmorra until I can get some revolution going.

Checking out Correllian, this fleet is a bit of a problem. As we can see, two ships I cannot use, and a Character too. So, in the spirit of this challenge this happens.

So Labasanat get’s retired (I hope he enjoys the gold watch we got it. It’s well made. Also stuffed with c-4). The two ships get scrapped.

Oh dear. See how bad the situation is in Sluis? (As it stands as well, I only have a single capital ship now, and that’s is the Star Destroyer in orbit of Coruscant)

I sent the troops to reinforce a garrison that is worse off, and the ties to help Kothlis, and then I now am looking pretty defenseless right now

Step one, get Darth to bothawui, which has construction yards.

gently caress. This is the big one I meant for the nuCanon having exact copy with a new name. Arrogant, slightly sinister, too big for his britches genius who built the deathstar, but turned out to incompetent and got killed by the Empire? Bevel Or Krennic? So, yeah, no super researcher for me

So, this is how many characters I had to retire this update. That’s a loving lot. And I still didn’t get the one I was looking for either (Thrawn for the record)

The good news is that the diplo I am running is paying off at least. As soon as I could get away with it, I started shift troops off it

With so many characters out of commission, I’ve had to go overboard on spec-ops. With so many planets at risk of uprising, and with no generals to boost detection, it’s been a real choice for me to make of building troops or spec-ops. So, that’s fun and something I did not anticipate.

Now, I didn’t get a screenshot of the message, but, uh, that one sabotage just somehow flipped almost the entire sector green. Not complaining. Sending the Star Destroyer and spec-ops to Corellian, and Piett to help Darth out. I only have three diplomats (Technically 4 but gently caress sending Palp to do it). But, since I have dirty tricks squad in Corellia, they can run uprising missions, which will help that Morale system wide, so I figure Darth could use the help more.

So, just so you get an idea of just how grumpy I am feeling here, see the build time for a the only capital ship I can build? 448 days. That being said, with my usual shipyard buildup policy, this will get cut down alot. However, most of my constructions yards first priority is troopyards at this point, because of the lack of characters

Fleet shows up, curb-stomped a small garrison, sabotaged the garrison, moved on. Both my planets jump a little bit loyalty. So far so good.

I know I skipped ahead, but I know there wasn’t alot of interest happening, and I like you guys enough not to show you the meat going into sausauge. Anyways this sucks cause it means, even with 6 regiments, enemies are slipping into Kothlis. They get an incite uprising off, and I’m hosed.

Hopefully the stormtroopers will help.

Anyways, so that’s where we stand. Gotta say, this was tougher than expected. It’s fun as hell though, and I look forwards to pushing on for a win here.

Next update will not be a for a few weeks, because I am travelling cross country to attend my Brother’s wedding, and won’t be bringing my laptop with me. So, continue your EU discussion nerds!

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I think Pellaeon was in one of the clone wars shows not sure if that counts as canon anymore though.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 31, 2017

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jack2142 posted:

I think Pellaeon was in one of the clone wars shows not sure if that counts as canon anymore though.

90% sure he wasn't. It was likely Wulf Yularen instead.

Also the CG CW series is canon. So the z95 is indeed canon!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

bunnyofdoom posted:

90% sure he wasn't. It was likely Wulf Yularen instead.

Also the CG CW series is canon. So the z95 is indeed canon!

That feeling of power!

Rip Pellanon. You were too beautiful for this world.

Antipersonnel Mime
Feb 27, 2011
I've experienced some of the best and the worst of star wars' EU in my middle & high school days.

The best of course, being the X-wing series (enjoyed Wraith squadron more than Rogue). I found I, Jedi to be more fun when you realize that half the book is Stackpole attempting a Fix-fic for the Jedi Academy series and bitching out the JA author for how stupid everyone was acting.

As for the worst, I need only say:

Dark Greetings, my evil brethren!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Starfighters of Adumar 2 is all I want, and I'll never get it. :(

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

sniper4625 posted:

Starfighters of Adumar 2 is all I want, and I'll never get it. :(

Boss, please tell me you're not putting us in women's clothing.

I'm not putting us in women's clothing.

<five minutes later>

You lied to me.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

silvergoose posted:

Boss, please tell me you're not putting us in women's clothing.

I'm not putting us in women's clothing.

<five minutes later>

You lied to me.

.....you assholes realize you just made me dig out my very very very dog eared copy it, and stick it in my carry-on to read on the plane for the 17th time.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

bunnyofdoom posted:

.....you assholes realize you just made me dig out my very very very dog eared copy it, and stick it in my carry-on to read on the plane for the 17th time.

Lock thread, we've done it boys.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Never mind, let's just shoot Wes.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Jack2142 posted:

Nope, he was in a tie(heh)-in novel to the CW show that got de-canonized.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So, just a note, if you fly air canada, the in flight movie is Rogue One. So yeah, this is isa good thing

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Banning the expanded universe seems like an interesting challenge run. Shame you can't get the Rebels to play along.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glazius posted:

Banning the expanded universe seems like an interesting challenge run. Shame you can't get the Rebels to play along.

Canon challenge redux: I'm serious you guys.

Play the Canon challenge, but kill all enemy characters that aren't Canon anymore, forcing the other side to play along with the character part of the Canon challenge.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Related to the thrawn trilogy discussion

https://xkcd.com/1843/

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

silvergoose posted:

Related to the thrawn trilogy discussion

https://xkcd.com/1843/

That would own.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Has the "Canon Challenge" killed this? :ohdear:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

radintorov posted:

Has the "Canon Challenge" killed this? :ohdear:

No. Canada 150, a wedding, a honeymoon, illness, and 60 hour work week have slipped it into a coma. Have the images, depending on my workload today/tommorow, there should be an update soon.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

No. Canada 150, a wedding, a honeymoon, illness, and 60 hour work week have slipped it into a coma. Have the images, depending on my workload today/tommorow, there should be an update soon.
drat, that is quite the reason. :stare:
Glad to hear despite all that you haven't abandoned this, though. :)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Cannon Challenge, Imperial: Update 2.

Alright time for me to get back in the saddle. So, because it has been a while, let me refresh you all on what is Canon for this challenge

characters
Palpatine
Vader
Ozzel
Needa
Piette
Jejjerrod
Veers
Thrawn(!)

Ships
Death Star!
Imperial Star Destroyer
Imperial Star Destroyer Mk II
Super Star Destroyer
Interdictor
TIE fighter
TIE defender
TIE Bomber
TIE interceptor

Troops
Imperial Army Regiment
Imperial Navy Regiment
Stormtrooper Regiment
Dark Trooper Regiment

Already Gone list
1 Victory Star Destroyer,
1 Dreadnought
1 Carrack Cruiser
Labansat
Bevel Lemelisk
Zuggs
Klev
Niles Ferrier
Dorja
Daala
Noval Garaint
Bane Nothos
Villar
Pellaeon

Well, this is not the best I could have, but hey, when life gives you lemons, build a moon sized space station and show those impudent anarchists what is the true power of Empire.

Ahem.

State of the Galaxy isn’t that bad. Right now Sesswenna is solid green, so that’s not a worry. (The screenshot is from later, sorry. Just trust me it’s not that bad)

As you can see, Corellian Sector has a star destroyer being built at Commenor, while the Coruscant fleet is blockading Talus, while dirty tricks group tries to flip it.

In Sluis, Darth is working his magic on Kothlis, while we know the Rebels are running missions on it. Piet is on his way to Denab to try and get us more. Honestly, it’s a knife point system, and I won’t be able to mount a counter-attack if it flips for some time, so I really need some good luck.

As you can see, through out the update the Rebels sense just how important Kothlis is to me. This is not all the notifications. I have, no joke, 30 screenshots of stopped missions. I just wanted to give a sense of how it is going.

Look, I’ll be honest, this wasn’t my brightest idea. I was thinking, Espionage droids will let me know when a Rebel VIP is running missions on Kothlis to kindap them. Forgetting that I don’t really have any Noghri, and their success rate is awful. I would have been better off building more troops I think

Especially since I was making Kothlis a troop powerhouse. Oh well, no use crying over split blue milk. Actually, no wait, lots of use crying over it. That poo poo stains. I had to throw out a nice bantha throw rug. It really TIEd the room together.

This is why you shouldn’t do updates when you only got three hours of sleep.

So….I dunno if this was a bad idea or not. I mean, on one hand, I am at such a disadvantage that I think having a garrison everywhere would stop sabotages, and will help me from getting a key planet ninjaed. Especially since I can’t build effective defense fleets, and I can’t really counter attack. On the other...drain on resources, and means my troopyards aren’t being used for spec-ops.

Darth is managing to keep Kothlis green. He’s not going to make it super friendly at this time. Why? Because for every incite I catch, there is probably another running under the surface. As such, I kinda have an equilibrium until I can clear out more missions.

Despite my silliness with Garrisons, I still have a good bunch of resources floating around, so why not waste them long term by building up a shipyard planet with only three construction yards. I’m starting to think I may have been drunk while doing this update.

All those shiny espionage droids, gone, like tears in the rain

Their sacrifice was not entirely in vain because now I know where the rebel fleets are. Where I have no way to sabatoge them. And they are strong enough to tear my one star destroyer to pieces. And they somehow have 28 fleets…….If I was not drunk yet, I sure as poo poo needed a drink.

Darth got a critical success on a diplo check, and Kothlis liked me enough to stop having smugglers. So, my resources just jumped more, and it’s a sign that there isn’t a currently running incite mission.

Jumping ahead, they even support the Empire. What a good turn around.

So, yeah, this is my productions right now. Two star destroyers in production, and 29 Storm Trooper regiments around to defend and detect. Not bad.

Piet finally has gotten in the game, which is good. This means that I may be able to hold Sluis long enough for my shipbuilding to get to speed.

Mid update state of Galaxy. I think my shipyards will be online soon. Garrisons continue to be built, and I still have resources (Yes, I see the imbalance here) My Sluis planets are relatively secure now, and with luck Denab will flip next. Correllian sector is in limbo I guess? Haven’t heard a peep from them all update

Hi Pter, thanks for joining us, here’s your gold watch and pension, now gently caress off.

Well, poo poo. I need more troops there I guess, and also should pull Darth out. Because if they are sabatoging the shields, it’s likely an invasion is coming.

Or I could build a replacement shield? (I am pretty sure in hindsight and soberish, I made the wrong call. Again)

I missed the notification, but Denab flipped, so I built shipyards, and now am building a defensive screen of TIE fighters. Hopefully it will spoke an enemy fleet, or at least kill all the fighters in it.

Bye Griff and Shenir.

Good news is that there are already at least 3 regiments coming to Bothawui now.

Thank you Darth. I may have to shift people from Sluis to Corellia at this rate.

Cool. This is where I turned off Garrison control, because it would, stupidly, build those instead. Which is dumb because they are terrible Garrison troops. Also, non-canonical.

Hooray. That didn’t take forever or anything

Yup. I’m a dumbass.

Hold the phone! The Garrison project actually defended Denab from assault! (As a side note, I started building a TIE garrison on Denab after this)

As you can see, most of Sluis likes me, and I should be even able to cause an uprising soon. In Correllian sector, I’m starting my tricks on Drall. I hope.

Another day, another retiree.

This is blind good luck. I got a single day warning on Sullust, and was able to get Darth out of there. Now, Sullust was nice, but it was only producing resources. However, the diplo hit the Rebels get is great.

Especially when these boys, with Darth, start sabatoging the Garrison on Sullust, thereby triggering an uprising.

Good news is Correllian systems are also joining the party too.

Boom

Crap, they’re back.

Also, crud. I wanted to use those.

See, sometimes my plans work out.

Yeah, fleets are back. 50 days a star destroyer? Not bad at all.

And we’ll wrap up by bidding adieu to Orlock and Screed.

So, latest update, hopefully won’t take me two months for the next one

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Welcome back! Glad to see this LP is continuing :)

Also I just pictured Palpatine going "Hey, here's a new agent! Make good use of... Hey, what are you doing? Stop! Not again! Ah poo poo, I need a drink."

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

at this rate, wouldn't it be more prudent to get palpy out there running diplomacy? the guy's not that great at it but it'd still be a better ROI than having him be effectively idle all game. Quick question, I think you miss someone in the canon list, maybe? - the guy who rats on luke and han in Mos Eisley A New Hope with the weird face mask - Garindan. Where you draw the line on "canon" is a bit fuzzy hence the uncertainty

As an aside, if i'd be playing this I'd have abandoned sluis. Build a half-dozen saboteurs and send them after the neutral planets, gutting them of everything - factories, defenses as well as mines and refineries. Salt the earth and all that.

This approach probably works better, but you know. Flavor.

double nine fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 22, 2017

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

double nine posted:

at this rate, wouldn't it be more prudent to get palpy out there running diplomacy? the guy's not that great at it but it'd still be a better ROI than having him be effectively idle all game. Quick question, I think you miss someone in the canon list, maybe? - the guy who rats on luke and han in Mos Eisley A New Hope with the weird face mask - Garindan. Where you draw the line on "canon" is a bit fuzzy hence the uncertainty

As an aside, if i'd be playing this I'd have abandoned sluis. Build a half-dozen saboteurs and send them after the neutral planets, gutting them of everything - factories, defenses as well as mines and refineries. Salt the earth and all that.

This approach probably works better, but you know. Flavor.

He'll have functional fleets (or at least a few Star Destroyers) in about 50-60 days. At that point it's better to have Pappy sitting in the Seat for the command bonus.

But yeah, prior to fleet actions it's definitely worthwhile to have him recruiting or diplomacy in Sesswanna--that way he's only a few days from home.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I forgot garindan. Palp is just recruiting til he gets thrawn so I can do ship research.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hey, welcome back. Man, Palpatine is just wasting everybody's time, isn't he?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

........soooooooo I played rhe next update and then it crashed on me before I saved. So...the choice I have is to give you the false update again. Complete with my swearing. Play through the update again with fore knowledge. Call it force procognisticarion.

Or....restart the Canon challenge as rebels instead.

Thoughts?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
The Emperor protects, keep at it.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

sniper4625 posted:

The Emperor protects, keep at it.

:yeah:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Honestly, it doesn't look like this challenge run is particularly fun to go through.
As such I'd be fine if you scrapped it* and went with the Rebels.

*or put it on hold

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Apropos of nothing, but does anyone know how to transfer save games between computers?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Are you on GOG? The save files for my gog installation are in GalaxyClient\Games\Star Wars - Rebellion\SaveGame.

I'm assuming the structure is similar for steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

double nine posted:

Are you on GOG? The save files for my gog installation are in GalaxyClient\Games\Star Wars - Rebellion\SaveGame.

I'm assuming the structure is similar for steam.

I hope that works.

(Spoiler i got hut with a rather bad bit of tech issues. Good news is at least two updates will still happen as I uploaded the screen shots to Google doca)

• Locked thread