Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I plan on getting some schadenfreude out of however AI develops. Complete general artificial intelligence that works will seriously devalue intelligence as a job skill, which is a very funny result for all the smart people working so hard to make it happen. Or, alternatively if we discover thinking machines are like space travel and the initial successes our species had in it turn out to be waaaay farther from the big stuff than we thought then that's funny too. Even the middleground where we get amaze-o robots and they're a miracle and everybody is bored with them inside of 5 years is pretty hilarious. And of course the destruction of our species by our own toys has been lined up as a hell of a joke since the atomic age began. Really, no matter what happens, there will be German hate-happy aplenty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

reignofevil posted:

Well the good news is this won't happen for another hundred and fifty years.

Well; good news for me. It sucks for you. I'm getting so much Schadenfreude from this moment.

No way, if I get to squeak by and not have to see that poo poo in my lifetime I'll be ecstatic.

Backup reserves of schadenfreude: if fax machines continue to be required for legal reasons for another 50 years. Watching young people have to deal with a fax is already hilarious and it'll only get funnier.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why are loving nerds of all people spending more than a second thinking "I wonder how this word in this language is pronounced" when Google Translate has had voice for like 40000 years?

Because most of them are posting clandestinely from work or class.

• Locked thread