Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What events/movies/major product releases are you looking forward to, not because you can't wait to participate, but because you can't wait to see them fail spectacularly so you can enjoy the rage and despair of all the stupid sheeple that were sincerely looking forward to them?

My major schadenfreude milestones:

Expired:

Ghostbusters: mediocre but not terrible. Overall a disappointment from both a cinematic and schadenfreude perspective.

Suicide Squad: utter shitshow. Lol at everyone who was looking forward to this hot garbage.

Upcoming:

Presidential Election: I have more than a few co-workers who will never hear the end of it when Trump finally gets his rear end kicked. More satisfying than his loss however would be some massive, humiliating scandal that not even he can wriggle out of. Something so tarnishing that even his most ardent supporters will be disgusted with him and with themselves for ever supporting him. I'm really gonna savor his downfall.

Star Citizen:
I hope Chris Roberts goes to jail/is discovered dead from auto erotic asphyxiation on top of a pile of cocaine he bought with embezzled money. Watching the diehard fans unravel both mentally and spiritually when this scam finally implodes will be extremely satisfying.

OP: I can't wait for that guy to finally get what's coming to him.

What about you guys? What do you have marked on your schadenfreude calendar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Boomstick Quaid posted:

If you aren't going to bask in shadenfreude no matter who wins in November I just don't think you're maximizing your gains this calendar year

If Trump wins I'll get the consolation prize of laughing at all his supporters while the country collapses around our ears, but it'll be cold comfort to do so while I'm battling stray dogs for scraps of food.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
That's too bad about no man's sky I was hoping it would be good.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

the trump schadenfreude has already begun :getin:

I'm cautiously optimistic, but he's wriggled out of every scandal so far. What we need is a finishing blow.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

- a comic book movie so expensive and that is such an abysmal failure that it kills the genre for at least a decade.

I'll toss a few chips onto that pile. I'm so drat sick of comic book movies.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

It's "Sha Den Froi Duh" and I hope you die in a lathe accident

FFS you guys there's already a whole song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA

Another Milestone I'm looking forward to:
Kim Jung Un's chubby rear end dying of a heart attack.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

natetimm posted:

Twitter dying.

Ooooh yeah that'll be real good.

Facebook, too. gently caress Twitter and gently caress facebook.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Did anybody get any Schadenfreude out of that hentai monster farmer game going belly up?

I know I didn't. Waste of $26,000 if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

i heard some bitcoiners lost money today (moreso than usual). bitcoin is a pretty powerful source of schadenfreudhen in my life

eh it's probably already been mentioned itt whatever

This is the first I'm hearing of it.

Suck it, bitcoin!

• Locked thread